+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Custom designed guitars auctioned for charity >> LiveDaily

Custom designed guitars auctioned for charity

Published May 26, 2009 12:05 PM0 CommentsBuzz up! print email
    By Suzanne Kayian / LiveDaily Contributor

Dolly Parton, Vince Gill, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban are contributing guitars they've designed to the first-ever Guitars of the Stars Benefit Auction to raise money for the Opry Trust Fund, according to a press release.

The guitars for the June 12 benefit auction at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium have been decorated by visual and musical artists to reflect current singles, hobbies, favorite country songs or country music heroes.

Dierks Bentley, Charlie Daniels, Jamey Johnson, Miranda Lambert, Craig Morgan, Kellie Pickler , Sugarland, Pam Tillis and Steve Wariner also will decorate acoustic guitars, all of which are being donated by Epiphone Guitar Company to help raise money for the fund.

For more than 40 years, The Opry Trust Fund has assisted members of the country music community in need of help with medical bills, living expenses, utilities, rent and food.

The Guitars of the Stars Benefit Auction, which is being held in conjunction with CMA Music Festival, will kick off with celebrity auctioneer Wariner performing a number from his upcoming project, "Steve Wariner, C.G.P., My Tribute To Chet

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3472489;
    I'm not sure. It could have been scheduling, maybe she wasn't asked, maybe she was & turned it down. No one ever said. But, I can say that it didn't bother me at all. George has never been to nice to Carrie. Every time she beats him for an award he gets this pained look of disgust on his face as if he is entitled, just watch his facial expressions some time when he loses. Better to let that warbilng Pop Princess Taylor Swift sing his praises anyway.
    Then I hope they asked her and she turned them down.

I haven't watched the award shows in quite some time - actually the last one I watched was the Faith Hill controversy.

Hearing that about George makes me sad - he always seemed to be a stand up guy. Brings him down a few notches on his likeability factor. He should be pleased with the newer artists getting recognized - shows that country music isn't fading away with younger people doing so well. Plus he's got almost 60 #1 hits and countless awards - why does he need more?

Carrie is working on her new album & evidently becoming quite the song writer. These titles have all appeared on the BMI & ASCAP websites in the past couple of weeks. Notice the co-writers (Including Kara). Even if the songs don't make her next album, I have a feeling someone else will pick them up.

Butterflies (Carrie Underwood , Mike Elizondo, Brett James)
    Come Catch Me (Carrie Underwood, Barry Dean, Troy Verges)
    Cowboy Casanova (Carrie Underwood, Mike Elizondo, Brett James)
    Faith Hope Love (Carrie Underwood, Mike Elizondo, Brett James)
    He Rides Away (Carrie Underwood, Mike Elizondo, Brett James)
    Imaginary Friend (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, Ashley Monroe)
    Little Red Flags (Carrie Underwood, Natalie Hemby, Luke Laird)
    Oklahoma Wind (Carrie Underwood, Bill Anderson, Jon Randall)
    Play On (Carrie Underwood, Natalie Hemby, Luke Laird)
    Starting Now (Carrie Underwood, Barry Dean, Travis Meadows)
    Sweet Talker (Carrie Underwood, Barry Dean, Troy Verges)
    This Song Is Not About You (Carrie Underwood, Marcus Hummon, James Darrell Scott)
    Too Young To Know (Carrie Underwood, Luke Laird, Hillary Lindsey)
    Waiting On Goodbye (Carrie Underwood, Barry Dean, Wendell Mobley)
    What Am I Gonna Wear Friday Night (Carrie Underwood, Marcus Hummon, James Darrell Scott)
    A Good Thing (Carrie Underwood, Hillary Lindsey, Luke Laird)
    Better Off (Carrie Underwood, Hillary Lindsey, Luke Laird)
    Kill The Headlights (Carrie Underwood, Hillary Lindsey, Luke Laird)
    To My Favorite Fan (Carrie Underwood, Hillary Lindsey, Luke Laird)
    Eighteen Inches (Carrie Underwood, Ashley Gorley, Kelley Lovelace)
    That Girl Is Gone (Carrie Underwood, Ashley Gorley, Kelley Lovelace)
    I'll Be The D.J. (Carrie Underwood, Ashley Gorley, Kelley Lovelace)
    The Lazy Day Song (Carrie Underwood, Luke Laird, Angelo Petraglia)
    Stranger and Angels (Kara DioGuardi, Jess Cates, Chris Tompkins)

Here is an honor for you.

Country Hall spotlights Underwood

Country Hall spotlights Underwood

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 – Carrie Underwood: All-American Girl, a spotlight exhibit featuring the merlot silk taffeta gown worn by superstar Underwood at the 2009 Academy of Country Music Awards, will open June 11 at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. Underwood won two awards at the ceremony: Entertainer of the Year and Top Female Vocalist.
    The dress, created by Miami-based designer Rafael Cennamo, features 120 yards of fabric and an 8-foot-long train. Underwood wore outfit during her April 5 performance of her hit song I Told You So, written and recorded originally by Randy Travis. "It was an honor to wear such a beautiful dress during one of the most special nights of my life. I truly felt like a princess," said Underwood.
    Carrie Underwood: All-American Girl, which is included with regular Museum admission, will remain open through Dec. 31.

Here’s a bit more info on the upcoming Carrie exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Carrie Underwood’s stunning gown, achievements honored in museum exhibit | BAM's Blog

Carrie’s big gown gets an exhibit of its own
    The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is putting Oklahoma star Carrie Underwood in the spotlight.
    The Nashville, Tenn., museum will open a spotlight exhibit called “Carrie Underwood: All-American Girl” on June 11.
    The exhibit’s lone display item will be the scarlet silk taffeta gown the Oklahoma native donned for April’s 2009 Academy of Country Music Awards. A text panel with it will list Underwood’s career achievements and particulars about the gown.
    The voluminous dress, which Underwood wore while belting out her hit cover of the 1988 Randy Travis chart-topper “I Told You So,” was created by Miami-based fashion designer Rafael Cennamo. The merlot gown, which was kept a secret before the awards show, dwarfed the slim singer with its 120 yards of fabric and 8-foot-long train.
    “It was an honor to wear such a beautiful dress during one of the most special nights of my life. I truly felt like a princess!” Underwood said in a news release.
    The Checotah-raised star went on to win entertainer of the year and top female vocalist at the April 5 ACM Awards.
    Underwood has become one of the hottest performers on the music scene since she won the fourth season “American Idol” in 2005. The museum chooses people and artifacts for spotlight exhibits based on their achievements, historical significance and visual impact, said Museum Services Vice President Carolyn Tate.
    “As Carrie has had numerous accomplishments and milestones over the past four years, and is one of country music’s brightest stars, “We have wanted to do a spotlight on her for some time and have been working with her and her team to find just the right item for display. The Rafael Cennamo dress is a perfect item to display, as it’s both visually stunning and instantly recognizable by music fans,” she said in an e-mail.
    Entrance to the exhibit “Carrie Underwood: All-American Girl” will be included with regular museum admission and remain on display through Dec. 31.
    For more information, go to Country Music Hall of FameŽ and Museum | Nashville, Tennessee.

CMA Music Fest..the time draws near.

Monday is departure day.

Tuesday is Carries Fan Club Party in the morning ( you guys that have never had the opportunity to see her sing with only acoustic guitars & fiddles as back up really can't imagine just how talented a vocalist this girl is, she can make your hair stand on end) & the Opry shows at night.

Wednesday is the opening parade (a lot of folks have been announced as being there including Bo Bice) & the street party afterwards.

Thursday is the official start to the weekend, with Gretchen Wilson having the honor of kicking things off at 9am down on the River Front stages.

Friday is the opening of the Carrie Exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame.

So much stuff & so many artists scheduled to appear. Looking like a great week ahead. Stay tuned for updates live from Nashville, if I can get access to a computer.

At least I have a camera this year, so maybe I'll have some good photos to share.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3484429;
    CMA Music Fest..the time draws near.

Monday is departure day.

Tuesday is Carries Fan Club Party in the morning ( you guys that have never had the opportunity to see her sing with only acoustic guitars & fiddles as back up really can't imagine just how talented a vocalist this girl is, she can make your hair stand on end) & the Opry shows at night.

Wednesday is the opening parade (a lot of folks have been announced as being there including Bo Bice) & the street party afterwards.

Thursday is the official start to the weekend, with Gretchen Wilson having the honor of kicking things off at 9am down on the River Front stages.

Friday is the opening of the Carrie Exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame.

So much stuff & so many artists scheduled to appear. Looking like a great week ahead. Stay tuned for updates live from Nashville, if I can get access to a computer.

At least I have a camera this year, so maybe I'll have some good photos to share.
    Have a great time Razor. It's nice to live vicariously through your reports!

FORT Fanatic

yes....digital camera & pics!!! plus you already know how to post pics here =) will you be posting daily or a summary in the end when your at home. guess which one i'm hoping for!

have fun again!

and if you hear any good new bands/artists give me a heads up. i think i found out about lady a from my cousin. they were like on one of those smaller venues during daytime....trying to get noticed. look at them now!
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bell;3485755;
    yes....digital camera & pics!!! plus you already know how to post pics here =) will you be posting daily or a summary in the end when your at home. guess which one i'm hoping for!

have fun again!

and if you hear any good new bands/artists give me a heads up. i think i found out about lady a from my cousin. they were like on one of those smaller venues during daytime....trying to get noticed. look at them now!
    Hopefully, they will have the computer kiosks set up like they have in all previous years, if so I'll post something daily. But, photos, if any are good enough, will wait till I get home.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Hey Razor, can't wait to read your reports. As I've told you, I'll be seeing Carrie in July. Can't wait! Thanks for your reports on Carrie.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

+ Reply to Thread