+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3445529;
    Has Carnival Ride has hit 3X Platinum already? Just curious.
    Just a bit over 2.8 million. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them give her the 3X Platinum award when she performs on the finale.

I just received my invitation to Carrie's Fan Club party on June 9th in Nashville. For the second straight year she is being allowed to hold the party in The Grand Ol Opry. Then that night she is part of the Opry show.

By the way, for anyone that may be going to Nashville the weekend of July 25th, it was announced yesterday that Carrie will be on the Opry that night as well.

For anyone in the central Ca. area Carrie will be coming to visit in July.

California Mid State Fair

Carrie Underwood Booked!

The California Mid-State Fair is pleased to announce that country superstar Carrie Underwood has been signed to perform at the 2009 Fair on Wednesday, July 22nd. Underwood will be part of the California Mid-State Fair’s 2009 Budweiser Concert Series and be performing in the Main Grandstand Arena at 7:30p.

Tickets for the show will be $67, $52 and $42, and go on sale Thursday, May 21, 2009, at 10:00a. Tickets will be available at the California Mid-State Fair box office, on-line at California Mid State Fair, any Vallitix outlet, or charge by phone at 1-800-909-FAIR. In addition, a special phone number has been added to better serve ticket buyers… that number is 866-872-2007.

Underwood was most recently crowned the Academy of County Music’s Entertainer of the Year, and by winning the award, she became only the seventh female to ever do so. She also took home "Female Vocalist of the Year", her third consecutive win in that category. She rose to fame as the winner of the fourth season of American Idol, and has become a multi-platinum selling recording artist and a multiple Grammy Award winner.

Carrie’s debut album, Some Hearts, is the biggest-selling American Idol album to date, selling more than 7 million records worldwide. Some Hearts was the best-selling female country album of 2005, 2006 and 2007. It included the hits “Inside Your Heaven”, “Jesus Take The Wheel”, Some Hearts”, “Don’t Forget To Remember Me”, Before He Cheats” and “Wasted”. She has hit #1 with every single she has released to date, and has won four Grammys as well as a host of trophies from the AMA, ACM, CMA, People’s Choice and Billboard, among many others.

Her second album, Carnival Ride, has sold over three million records and has produced the hits "So Small", "All-American Girl", "Last Name", and "Just a Dream". Her current single is "I Told You So" – originally recorded by Randy Travis. Underwood was inducted as a member of the Grand Ole Opry in May of 2008.

This year’s theme is “Take A Ride On The Wild Side”… the 2009 California Mid-State Fair runs July 22, 2009, through August 2, 2009.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

First I've ever heard of the California Mid-State Fair. And I've lived here all my life.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3451404;
    First I've ever heard of the California Mid-State Fair. And I've lived here all my life.
    It's in Paso Robles. You should go, wine country, road trip, tilt a whirl...

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Yeah, I checked out the site. Maybe I will go. I'll be due for a road trip by then. Heck, I'm due for one now.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I reckon the show must go on eh?

News - Carrie Underwood Explains Why She Limped Off American Idol Tuesday | Usmagazine.com

Carrie Underwood Explains Why She Limped Off American Idol Tuesday

Carrie Underwood told Ryan Seacrest why she limped off stage after performing on American Idol Tuesday night.

"You're gonna laugh at me, everyone does," the Season 4 winner jokes on Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show.

"I was running last Saturday in my little community [in Nashville]...It's about three miles," Underwood says. "I was about halfway through and I fell.

"And this nice lady was driving behind me -- I'd never met her before," Underwood continues. "She saw the incident and was nice enough to pull over and roll down the window and say, 'Can I take you home?'

"So I fought back tears and she took me home!" Underwood says.

The country singer says her injury "looks ugly" but isn't too serious -- and it's the reason she donned denim and high boots for her performance.

"I haven't worn jeans. I pick sundresses and shorts, so I wore jeans and that hurt!" she says, joking that it also affected her choreography.

Underwood also remembers being in Kris Allen and Adam Lambert shoes a few years back.

"You feel the emotion, so nervous," she says. "But they're so proud. They did themselves great. I just wanted to cry each time either one of them did anything. Just a good moment."

As for who will win, "I think it's up in the air," Underwood says. "I think there definitely seems to be a lot more outspoken people for one person in particular -- but you might be surprised."

Underwood says she "blacked out!" after her win, but now she feels like "old Idol.

"It's so weird that this is, like, my job," she says. "I was just thinking about coming to Idol and doing my thing...and I thought, 'Holy crap! I'm famous! Oh my god, how did this happen?' It's the biggest show of my generation and it's just an amazing thought."

Carrie’s music hit the racing circuit this week. First off during the Nascar Nationwide race her version of Home Sweet Home was played. Then prior to the Indy 500, there was a special highlight on Danica Patrick & they chose to use Carries All American Girl as the theme song. That’s some nice, yet unexpected, attention.

FORT Regular

Razor, why wasn't Carrie included in the George Strait Artist of the Decade tribute?

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;3472445;
    Razor, why wasn't Carrie included in the George Strait Artist of the Decade tribute?
    I'm not sure. It could have been scheduling, maybe she wasn't asked, maybe she was & turned it down. No one ever said. But, I can say that it didn't bother me at all. George has never been to nice to Carrie. Every time she beats him for an award he gets this pained look of disgust on his face as if he is entitled, just watch his facial expressions some time when he loses. Better to let that warbilng Pop Princess Taylor Swift sing his praises anyway.

+ Reply to Thread