+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey

Re: Carrie Underwood

Originally Posted by razorbacker
    By the way, Carrie offered to pay off the mortgage on her parents farm & her Dad said no.
    I'm not at all a fan of Carrie's music. Not that it's bad, it's just not my style. However, I am a HUGE fan of hers as a person. Must come from Dad.

The think I like about both her and Kelly Clarkson is that they have their heads on straight and have focused in on their goal of achieving successful music careers. They have been sidetracked with other Hollywood trappings or a bunch of BS.

Hard-working, humble, and focused. Combined with raw talent, these girls are pretty impressive.

Carrie never seems to want to take credit for anything. I really like her attitude. Regardless of what the article says, Randy didn't have a hit with this in 2008, I believe it was 1988.

News : Headlines : Carrie Underwood Rehabs a Classic : Great American Country

News : Headlines : Carrie Underwood Rehabs a Classic : Great American Country

QUOTE:
    May 5, 2009 — Randy Travis earned a No. 1 single in 2008 with "I Told You So," and Carrie Underwood is threatening to return the song to the top spot with her own big-voiced version.

Carrie’s version is currently at No. 2 on the Country Aircheck singles chart, though she’s quick to dismiss her own role in the song.

"I don’t think any of it’s anything that I have done that the song has done so well," she says. "I think it really is a testament to the song, to ‘I Told You So,’ and to Randy Travis, ‘cause he did such an amazing job writing this amazing song. I think no matter who sang it again, it would probably end up getting really high on the charts just because it’s a great song. So I’m very glad that he let me borrow his song for a little while."

Randy has whole-heartedly endorsed her performance of it. When Carrie sang "I Told You So" on the Grand Ole Opry last year, he strolled out from backstage and invited her to become a member of the institution. Carrie and Randy had never met before; now they’re duet partners on a collaborative version of "I Told You So."

Nothing will be official until Sunday evening, but as of this mornings update Carrie sits once again at the top of the Country Charts with I Told You So. Sugarland is still closing, so it is going to be nail biting time until the close of the charts on Sunday.

FORT Fan

Thank you for all your updates Razorbacker!

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl;3423085;
    Ugh... Taylor Swift is #4? I admit I like her songs... but most the time she doesn't sound well live, so I don't think I"d see her in concert!
    Live, she doesn't even sound that good on her cds.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3440776;
    Live, she doesn't even sound that good on her cds.
    At least she's palatable after the studio cleans her up. Live is scary.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I wanted to pass along some info that Carrie has just blogged about on her Fan Club Site. She has been very quite the past week or so & it has been for a very good reason. As part of the Idol Gives Back program she once again went to Africa for a follow up to see how the money was being spent & how lives were being affected. This time she went first to an all girls compound in Luanda Angola & then to a very remote village that required a 5 hour car drive down dirt roads to a clinic in a village called Njata. At this place they service many nearby villages & educate people on malaria & how to guard against it.

All in all she seems to be really excited & blessed to have been a part of it all.

She says that the video of the trip will be aired on Tuesdays Idol show & that everyone will be really pleased with how much of a difference the show has made on the lives of so many.

It has been a very interesting week of following the Country Charts. Sugarland was getting some huge increases in both spins & Audience Impressions but when the official close of the weekly charts came last night Carrie was still at the top. Her streak of never releasing a song that didn't hit #1 remains intact & running at 9 straight. 9 consecutive #1 singles is pretty impressive on it's own, but Carrie also became the first & only Female in Country Music History to have 5 #1 songs from the same album. Carnival Ride has proven to be an incredibly strong follow up album for her.

I don't believe we will see another single released from Carnival Ride so we may go a couple of months without Carrie on the charts. I suspect the next single will be the first off of the next album.

A nice read from the official Idol site. Carrie continues her charge to the top of the music industry. Not bad for a girl that some said had no chance at a career post Idol whether she won or lost.

A Perfect 10. Carrie Underwood Makes History!

A Perfect 10. Carrie Underwood Makes History!

Carrie Underwood is a "10" in more ways than one. She's sold more than 10 million albums with her first two records alone, and now Carrie has hit another milestone 10 as her current smash, "I Told You So," becomes her 10th single to top a key sales or airplay chart. The accomplishment makes the four-time Grammy winner the first country artist in history to achieve 10 #1 singles on the strength of their first two albums.

This also marks the fifth consecutive chart-topper from Carrie's "Carnival Ride" album, which includes "Just a Dream" and three hits Carrie co-wrote: "So Small," "All-American Girl," and "Last Name." In addition to her original recording of "I Told You So" on "Carnival Ride," fans can also enjoy a special studio duet of the song, currently available as a digital single, featuring Carrie with Randy Travis.

The newly crowned ACM Entertainer of the Year and three-time reigning ACM and CMA Female Vocalist accomplishes the rare feat of taking a former #1 song to the top of the country charts a second time, 21 years after Randy Travis first saw his composition hit the chart summit. She is the first country artist to return a song to #1 in nearly 9 years.

The only American Idol winner ever to achieve 10 #1 hits, Underwood's collection of chart-toppers began with the instant success of her post-American Idol single, "Inside Your Heaven," which debuted atop Billboards Hot 100 chart in the summer of 2005. It was the first of five #1s to top the charts from her 7x-Platinum debut, "Some Hearts," with the others including the Grammy-winning "Jesus, Take the Wheel" and "Before He Cheats," as well as "Don't Forget to Remember Me" and "Wasted."

And in a bit of Carrie trivia, 10 continues to be a lucky number for the season 4 winner. Her birthday is March 10, and just two weeks after her American Idol win in 2005, she made her debut on the Grand Ole Opry on the 10th of June and later became a member of the Opry with her official induction on May 10, 2008.

See photos from Carrie Underwood's performance of "I Told You So" with Randy Travis on this season's Grand Ole Opry week here.

FORT Fan

Has Carnival Ride has hit 3X Platinum already? Just curious.

+ Reply to Thread