+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

If you want to see the Red Dress go to the ACM thread in the music section, but here are a couple of others from last night.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3404291;
    If you want to see the Red Dress go to the ACM thread in the music section, but here are a couple of others from last night.

Oh my where was I? That really was some dress....
    Attached Images Attached Images

On my way here, I accidentally fell on the wrong page - an early Carrie Underwood page when she was on the show (2005 when I didn't even know there was a FORT!). I was amazed to read some of the slams against her. I realize she's not everyone's taste, but after the awards she's won it's hard to deny her talent and marketability. Wonder what some of those people think now?

Have never been a big Country fan, but I did think that Carrie had a lovely voice and well deserved to win her season.
    And, of all the seasons thus far, she is the 1 really memorable Idol, unlike some of the other winners.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I've always been impressed by the fact that Carrie (unlike Kelly Clarkson) always thanks American Idol and Simon Fuller for giving her her start. She's a gorgeous, talented, classy gal.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3404340;
    On my way here, I accidentally fell on the wrong page - an early Carrie Underwood page when she was on the show (2005 when I didn't even know there was a FORT!). I was amazed to read some of the slams against her. I realize she's not everyone's taste, but after the awards she's won it's hard to deny her talent and marketability. Wonder what some of those people think now?
    Many people still don't like her and claim that she can't sing. I read some comments on a country board this morning and someone said that Carrie screams and Taylor can't carry a tune. While I have very little opinion of Taylor one way or the other, I think we all know that Carrie is winning a lot of awards for someone who only screams. I don't like ALL of her songs but enough other people must. I think that Carrie is a real class act. That white dress with the band around the bottom doesn't do much for me. That band looks like a huge garter.

FORT Fan

She's also the one Idol that regularly gives credit to American Idol for her success.
    Carrie shows up every Season to give performances. A good move on her part.

Kelly on the other hand has (untill recently) tended to disassociate herself from her Idol past.

For anyone interested April 14th is the scheduled date for the Country Show on Oprah WInfrey starring Carrie, Kenny Chesney, Sugarland & Darius Rucker.

I’m sure many are aware of the comment Carrie made to Matthew McConaughey about the boots. Most people got a kick out of it & considered it a great off the cuff quick thinking comment. However, Carrie was kind of embarrassed about it.

FOXNews.com - An 'Embarrassed' Carrie Underwood Apologizes to Matthew McConaughey Over Sexual Reference in Acceptance Speech - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

An Embarassed Carrie Apologizes to Matthew McConaughey
    ______________________________ __________
    Quote:
    Carrie Underwood was overwhelmed to have won "Entertainer of the Year" at the American Country Music Awards on Sunday night, but the moment did turn a little mortifying when she made a sexual reference joke to wanting to see Matthew McConaughey's "boots" in her acceptance speech.

The Texas-born actor presented Underwood with the big award, but before his official duties he entertained the audience with a story on how he and his brother once took a road trip thru Texas to see Dwight Yoakam perform. While there the brothers tried to "pick up" a few ladies by telling them that they made a livin' exclusively custom-making George Strait's boots.

"We're like, 'Oh yeah. Say, as I a matter of fact, out in the parking lot, in the trunk of our white Corvette, we have the next year's new edition white ostrich quill George Strait signed series that he's gonna wear on tour next year.' And they got pretty excited about that and said, 'Well, can we see? Can we see? Can we see?'" McConaughey told the audience. "And we obliged ... Point of the story is, we got lucky that night. Thank you, George."

After taking the trophy from McConaughey, a tearful Underwood caused jaws to drop when she said:

"I don't know what to say. I got nothin' ... I want to see those boots, Matthew." (The audience erupted into laughter but somehow we don't think his leading lady, Camila Alves, was so amused). And clearly, Carrie regretted the spur-of-the-moment sexual advance.

"I'm so embarrassed, I totally embarrassed myself. I just blanked," Underwood told Tarts backstage, burying her head in her hands. "You want to say something eloquent in a moment like that and I embarrassed myself. I'm sorry Matthew, I'm sorry to my family. I'm totally embarrassed."

She even admitted that she "blacked out" after hearing her name called and couldn't remember much between making it from her seat to the stage and then to the press room. But as only the 7th woman in the 42-year history of the awards to take the coveted "Entertainer of the Year" honor, it is no wonder Underwood got caught up in the craziness.

"It is definitely a male-dominated genre of music. But this (winning) is just indescribable. I can't wait until the day when having a female nominated in the category is no big deal," she said. "I accept it for all the women before me who kicked butt and never got the recognition they deserve and didn't get the opportunity to get nominated."

However, CMT Thinks otherwise:

No Apology Necessary, Carrie Underwood | CMT Blog

No Apology Necessary, Carrie Underwood
    Posted: April 7th, 2009 at 12:31 pm | By: Alison Bonaguro
    In an adorably spontaneous moment during her entertainer of the year acceptance speech at the Academy of Country Music Awards, Carrie Underwood made a flirty remark to Matthew McConaughey. No harm, no foul. So why on earth is she apologizing? He’s the one who went on and on telling a story about his hook-ups based on lies. (He told some girls he was George Strait’s custom boot-maker — and did they want to see said white ostrich quill boots out in his car.) So if anyone should say “my bad,” it’s McConaughey. Underwood merely tied her speech into his, saying, “I want to see those boots, Matthew.” No easy task when you’ve just made history. Being able to think on your feet like that certainly cements your status as entertainer of the year. So now Fox News is reporting that Underwood said backstage, “I just blanked. You want to say something eloquent in a moment like that, and I embarrassed myself. I’m sorry, Matthew. I’m sorry to my family.” I just hope somebody told her that she needn’t apologize. If it’s a crime to make a slightly sexual comment during an awards show, then I can think of about 20 artists who are going to jail.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3404340;
    Oh..I remember those days! People were so rude about her! She was my favorite and I voted my fingers off for her night after night!

It made her MEGA success eve so much sweeter for me!! I knew what she could be.

+ Reply to Thread