+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 420 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Boohoo102
    Did anyone else notice that Simon was actually clapping after Carrie's performance? I don't think I've ever seen him clap for anyone, even when the other judges are giving standing ovations. I predict he will stand up after next week's performance. He'll need to get out of his seat to do cartwheels.
    Yeah, he clapped even though he indicated he was bored by her performance! It's just more evidence that Simon is desperate to promote her as the winner, cuz he wants her style of singing to record.

FORT Fogey
    [QUOTE=Warhol
    While she can certainly sing, she has absolutely ZERO personality or discernible character. And that's a very big void in her overall "package." Because successful pop stars -- especially solo singers -- are ones who project a persona just as well as they project their voice.[/QUOTE]

In her King and I performance though, to me, at least, she seemed to give a lot more evidence than I've previously seen that she actually does know how to phrase a song to express its meaning. ... That seemed like a step in the right direction to me, so I hope she keeps it up and builds on it.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Yeah, he clapped even though he indicated he was bored by her performance! It's just more evidence that Simon is desperate to promote her as the winner, cuz he wants her style of singing to record.
    He was porobably clapping for the great vocal performance. He's bored by the entire broadway type of music.

FORT Regular
    Did anyone else notice that Simon was actually clapping after Carrie's performance? I don't think I've ever seen him clap for anyone, even when the other judges are giving standing ovations. I predict he will stand up after next week's performance. He'll need to get out of his seat to do cartwheels.

The only performance I recall Simon clapping for is Jasmine Trias's Inseparable in season 3.

I didn't get to see last night's episode, but judging from the recaps, I think Simon is still Carrie's #1 fan, and he just had to tell her about the boringness to help her? I dunno hehe.. At least it proves he can say something not 100% positive about her.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaFan
    I am not a fan of Carrie, she is dull to me, and way overrated.
    I couldn't have said it better myself FantasiaFan!!

Are you saying Simon shouldn't do this? Paula actually stands, sways & applauds every time Nikko hits the stage. Fair is fair.

That was so ture. I saw that too. I really love Carrie. She's such an amazing singer and beatiful girl. I hope she wins all the way
    SmiLeyGuRL

Carrie is definately one of my favorites but I do sense a disconnect in some of her performances too. Vocally I think she is one of the strongest, but she lacks the stage presense and experience of Bo, Constantine or Nadia. I think it is because she is much younger than those three performers and hopefully in time she will develop the skills. I think Simon can mold the performer as long as he has the recording voice. He sees Carrie as the strongest because of her voice and looks, and the rest can be learned over the next weeks and on tour and in the future. Looking at Kelly Clarkson performing today vs. a couple of years ago is pretty dramatic. On SNL she performed both of her current songs and pretty much owned the stage. I think Carrie will develop that skill in time. I try not to critcize the singers in A.I. too much for appearance and stage presense early on because I've seen dramatic changes in both over the weeks in each season. Look at Clay or Kimberley Locke in earlier weeks of season 2.

Stage presence can be learned, you are born with a voice like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jcboltfan
    Carrie is definately one of my favorites but I do sense a disconnect in some of her performances too. Vocally I think she is one of the strongest, but she lacks the stage presense and experience of Bo, Constantine or Nadia. I think it is because she is much younger than those three performers and hopefully in time she will develop the skills. I think Simon can mold the performer as long as he has the recording voice. He sees Carrie as the strongest because of her voice and looks, and the rest can be learned over the next weeks and on tour and in the future. Looking at Kelly Clarkson performing today vs. a couple of years ago is pretty dramatic. On SNL she performed both of her current songs and pretty much owned the stage. I think Carrie will develop that skill in time. I try not to critcize the singers in A.I. too much for appearance and stage presense early on because I've seen dramatic changes in both over the weeks in each season. Look at Clay or Kimberley Locke in earlier weeks of season 2.
    Constantine has admitted to being on stage as a performer in plays & musicals. Both he & Bo have bands that they have been with for a few years. Nadia was at one time a Miami Dolphins cheerleader. All of these are valuable performance building opportunities. I think you will see a difference in Carries performance when this competition is over & she is allowed to get her guitar & play while she sings. I have seen her relax quite a bit over the last few weeks as she gets more comfortable & I just see an incredible upside. She must be the favorite to win judging from the amount of bashers that show up to point out every conceivable flaw.

+ Reply to Thread