+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Woohoo! Go Carrie! She's the most talented and charismatic person to ever be on American Idol!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3403915;
    Who's Mike? And did she mention her dad? I may have missed it.
    Razorbacker mentioned this a few posts ago: "Underwood, has been photographed at recent Ottawa hockey games, is reportedly currently dating Senators center Mike Fisher."

...And can anyone tell me what she meant in her acceptance speech about wanting to see Matthew's boots? I didn't see the show, but this got a huge laugh from the crowd.

Just another "I told you so" about Carrie -- I knew she'd win the moment she sang her first song on AI. And I"m so happy for her success! Wooo Hooo!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I am so proud of Carrie joining the "Old Boys Club"... Just sweet.

FORT Fanatic

congrats to carrie for female vocalist & entertainer of the year! the person who changed country music scene!

as much as i don't like taylor swift. dont care for her voice at all. she has some catchy tunes. i always end up singing along to love story, stay beautiful, etc. i hated them at first but after hearing it a millionth time of AC radio just can't help humming along to it.

razor: is this the same entertainer of the year award that kenny won and had a little controversy about the voting. if it its, do you think it had any affect on the voting this year.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bell;3403992;
    congrats to carrie for female vocalist & entertainer of the year! the person who changed country music scene!

as much as i don't like taylor swift. dont care for her voice at all. she has some catchy tunes. i always end up singing along to love story, stay beautiful, etc. i hated them at first but after hearing it a millionth time of AC radio just can't help humming along to it.

razor: is this the same entertainer of the year award that kenny won and had a little controversy about the voting. if it its, do you think it had any affect on the voting this year.
    It is the same award that Chesney mentioned. Once the award was opened to fan voting, if Carrie was nominated, she was going to win.

Luvthisstuff,
    As to the comment about the boots:
    Matthew told a story about he & his brother telling some girls in a bar a few years back that they had the exclusive contract to design all of George Straits boots. And it impressed the girls so Matthew & his brother "got lucky". So, when he announced Carries name she was totally floored & didn't know what to say, so she said" I don't know what to say. I got nothin. Matthew I want to see those boots." It broke everybody up.

Congrats to Carrie! Both awards were well deserved.
    Forever a Word Nerd

FORT Fogey

Did we get to see the fabulous mystery dress??
    Taylor Swift had on a big fabulous red dress so I thought this was a mix up in saying that Carrie would be wearing it

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3404039;
    Did we get to see the fabulous mystery dress??
    Taylor Swift had on a big fabulous red dress so I thought this was a mix up in saying that Carrie would be wearing it
    Taylors dress was a micro mini skirt compared to the one Carrie wore.

Red dress? I only saw the white angel-like dress in the beginning, then the other white dress later on that she wore. Was there another dress - big and red?

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3404058;
    Red dress? I only saw the white angel-like dress in the beginning, then the other white dress later on that she wore. Was there another dress - big and red?
    During her performance of I Told You So she wore a red dress that was so big she couldn't move. I think they had to wheel her on & off stage. I'm sure there are photos available on Getty images, if you can't find them elsewhere.

+ Reply to Thread