+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Just a brief update. As of this morning Carrie has another #1 single. I Told You So has hit the Top of the Country charts in Canada. I know it's not the US but, it still shows the song has an audience, & during the past couple of days we are seeing some big gains on US stations playing the song more often.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3400388;
    Just a brief update. As of this morning Carrie has another #1 single. I Told You So has hit the Top of the Country charts in Canada. I know it's not the US but, it still shows the song has an audience, & during the past couple of days we are seeing some big gains on US stations playing the song more often.
    I downloaded it from iTunes weeks ago already. I totally love it
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Carnival Ride & I Told You So & Carrie are doing pretty well.

Chart Beat: Lady GaGa, "Now 30", Taylor Swift

ALL 'TOLD,' UNDERWOOD, TRAVIS BACK IN TOP 10: Randy Travis becomes the first artist in 27 years to send a title into the top 10 twice on Hot Country Songs, as Carrie Underwood's cover of his 1988 chart-topper, "I Told You So," on which he's featured, rises 11-9.

Until Travis this week, no artist had taken the same composition into the top 10 in updated form since Dolly Parton reigned with her original "I Will Always Love You" in 1974 and a re-recording in 1982 (a third take, with Vince Gill, climbed to No. 15 in 1995).

The collaboration, Travis' 30th top 10 and his first since the No. 1 "Three Wooden Crosses" in 2003, marks the first top 10 cover of a prior top 10 by any artist since Blake Shelton rose to No. 10 in June 2005 with a remake of Conway Twitty's 1988 No. 7 ballad "Goodbye Time."

Underwood's album "Carnival Ride," which includes the original solo recording of "Told," the version that country radio first played before the rendition featuring Travis was serviced, now boasts its fifth top 10 on Hot Country Songs. The first four - "So Small," "All-American Girl," "Last Name" and "Just a Dream" - all reached the summit.

Underwood joins a select list of artists to score five Hot Country Songs top 10s from a single album released since 2000. Here are the eight albums in that span to achieve the fivefold honor:

Carrie Underwood," Carnival Ride," 2007-09
    Tim McGraw, "Let It Go," 2007-09
    Brad Paisley, "5th Gear," 2007-08
    Taylor Swift, "Taylor Swift," 2006-08
    Kenny Chesney, "The Road and the Radio," 2005-06
    Keith Urban, "Be Here," 2004-06
    Kenny Chesney, "When the Sun Goes Down," 2004-05
    Kenny Chesney, "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems," 2002-03

Tomorrow night is the ACM Awards. Carrie will be performing I Told You So. The question is…What will she be wearing? Here is what Carrie recently blogged on her fan club site:

I think it's starting to sink in! I've got all of my dresses picked out! Don't worry, I'll be putting on a fashion show, as always! I love them all. My performance dress is different. It's definitely not something that I could walk down the street in (it wouldn't be a physical possibility), but it truly is art!

And here is a bloggers comments from the rehearsals.

6:57 We are awaiting Carrie Underwood, and I am doing so with special excitement, because I have been told that she's rehearsing in the dress she'll wear on the telecast. Here at the exclusive rehearsal for (one of) country music's (two) biggest night(s), Carrie's dress is so far the only thing that's off the record. I wonder if every single one of the 100+ people who are now in this room (some of whom are toting full cups of what looks to be straight bourbon) plan on keeping the details of said dress to themselves, or if I'm just a sucker. Also, this had better be some Cher-style next-level clothing she's got on.

7:37 The dress, it should be noted, is well worth the secrecy.

Check it out tomorrow night on CBS.

FORT Fogey

I am always so pleased to see Carrie "dress Up" when she appears on a TV show or performs. That courtesy is lacking among so many young performers....they show up in jeans and tee shirt.

Her stylist has done so much for her, making a Carrie appearance something to be anticipated, not just for her performance but for her hair, makeup and dress

This dress has some tongues wagging & some pens aching for the scoop. Carrie plays along.

Will Underwood's secret dress be for ACMs success?

LAS VEGAS – It's as if Carrie Underwood's dress were a matter of national security.

Gaining access to the superstar country singer's rehearsal Friday night required a few promises: no photos, no video and no describing the gown she'll be wearing Sunday for the Academy of Country Music Awards.

But no one said anything about asking Underwood herself.

"The dress that I'll be wearing during my performance is ... " she began to reply, then suddenly stopped herself, taking a beat to carefully each word.

"It's big," she continued. "It's big. There's a lot — a lot of dress."

In struggling to keep a straight face, Underwood seems perfectly aware this exercise in coyness was both ludicrous and important.

"It's hard to describe," she said. "Kind of like water, maybe? Like red water? That sounds scary, doesn't it? Maybe like lava. It's like lava. Or icing. Red icing."

Underwood loves to play the fashion game, especially at award shows. At last year's ACMs, she had different costumes for the arrivals line, sitting in the audience and performing on stage.

"Why not? There is a lot of great dresses out there," she said. "And I only have a certain number of nights to be able to wear them."

Underwood and Taylor Swift, among the hottest and hardest-working acts in music today, have brought some serious girl power to what has been a club long ruled by boys. Underwood's nomination for entertainer of the year marks the first time a solo female has competed in the show's top category since 2000.

In 44 years, only six female acts have won the title, the last being The Dixie Chicks in 2000.

"I think the times they are a-changing," said Underwood, a six-time ACM winner who's also defending her two-year reign as top female vocalist. "I hope, my biggest hope, is that this is the first of many. And I'm not saying for me. I'm saying for women in entertainer of the year category. ...

"These guys, they dress in T-shirts and jeans every night and they put on a show — a great show — and they work very hard. But we women, we've got the hair, we've got the makeup, we've got the heels, we've got the dresses. We get out there, and I might be willing to say we may have to work a wee bit harder than the boys."

Speaking of boys, Underwood, has been photographed at recent Ottawa hockey games, is reportedly currently dating Senators center Mike Fisher.

So is she a hockey fan?

"I love sports in general," she replied. "And I love going to sporting events in general. ... I do like hockey, yeah. It's kind of been a recent development. I think I know all the rules. And, yeah, I do enjoy it."

It looks as though not only is Carrie performing solo tonight, but she is going to be a part of the opening salvo.

"ACM Awards to feature Hollywood celebrities and David Copperfield magic" by Robin Leach: Luxe Life | Vegas Deluxe

The show will have a blockbuster blow-you-away opening number. Right after the helicopter live shot of the Strip zooming into MGM and cutting into host Reba McEntire, there’s a seven-minute opening number with some of country’s biggest stars all performing individually and then together. Backed by Brooks & Dunn, the medley also will feature Taylor Swift, Sugarland, Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts. It’s the first time for all of them together as they wrap up the opening with “Play Something Country.”

Carrie has once again been named the Female Vocalist of the Year on the Academy of Country Music show.

The awards for album & entertainer haven't been given out yet so she still has a shot at those as well.

Have to edit...Carrie lost Album to Taylor Swift.

Entertainer is next...

Carrie is the Entertainer of the Year...Sweet!
    Last edited by razorbacker; 04-06-2009 at 12:03 AM.

I can't believe she actually mentioned Mike in her acceptance speech at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3403873;
    I can't believe she actually mentioned Mike in her acceptance speech at the end.
    Who's Mike? And did she mention her dad? I may have missed it.

+ Reply to Thread