+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3392372;
    Huh? When did Darius Rucker go Country?
    His latest album was Country & his first two singles have both gone to #1 on the Country Charts. He seems to be really happy about the move. He also has expressed multiple times how much he really wants to work with Carrie & how much he loves listening to her.

Not a big fan of country music, but I have Darius Ruckers CD, and it's actually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3392412;
    Has anyone been following AI Rewind for Season 4? I saw an episode during Hollywood Week that made it look like the judges were on the fence about whether or not to keep Carrie. I think they thought she just didn't have enough pizzazz. I watched that season, but did not remember that part. It wouldn't have made such an impact at that point anyway. But can you imagine? And it just makes me wonder how many other people got the boot prematurely. I guess now that I think of it, Simon didn't see Kelly Clarkson's potential for quite awhile. If it had been up to him, she might not have made it far.
    I saw that entire season and even though they all agreed Carrie could sing they were skeptical about her preformance appeal because she stood still every time. The only thing she did was open and close her hand over the mike. She is a much more all around performer now!!!!!!!!!!

During the past two weeks Carrie has been awarded Gold Level certifications for "Last Name" "Just a Dream" & All American Girl. Each song is now over 500,000 in sales & I Told You So is closing in.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3395767;
    During the past two weeks Carrie has been awarded Gold Level certifications for "Last Name" "Just a Dream" & All American Girl. Each song is now over 500,000 in sales & I Told You So is closing in.
    Razorbacker,
    I just read back through the comments from Carrie's season on AI, and was stunned by the number of people on this board saying, "Carrie is overrated, Carrie is boring, Carrie can't sing, Carrie is only here because of Simon....."
    You, Simon, and the rest of America, patiently and consistently supported her.
    I guess history has proven who had it right. Way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3395801;
    Razorbacker,
    I just read back through the comments from Carrie's season on AI, and was stunned by the number of people on this board saying, "Carrie is overrated, Carrie is boring, Carrie can't sing, Carrie is only here because of Simon....."
    You, Simon, and the rest of America, patiently and consistently supported her.
    I guess history has proven who had it right. Way to go.
    Thanks, I am truly not sure what it was, but from the first time the girl opened her mouth to sing, I knew she was the one & I never wavered. She has had an incredible career & it's only going to get better. But, there are some that will still not give her any credit. Oh well. That's life eh?

I loved her from the first day but truthfully I doubted that she would win. So many people think that they are too sophisticated to enjoy Country music that I had my fingers crossed every elimination. I just knew that they were dialing their fingers off. Fortunately though Carrie's talent pulled her through and she has turned out to be the most successful AI to this point. She is such a lovely young lady and just gets better every day. I wish her a long, long career.

I'm certainly not the biggest country fan, But I did think that Carrie deserved to win that season. Her voice is great.
    And, at this point, she is one of the few "winners" who did make it.
    Carrie is the reason why "singing" should be the main consideration in this competition.
    Anyone can be "packaged" by the stylists, choreographers, etc. Without singing talent, they just end up where they should have been in the first place - back to obscurity.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3395831;
    Thanks, I am truly not sure what it was, but from the first time the girl opened her mouth to sing, I knew she was the one & I never wavered. She has had an incredible career & it's only going to get better. But, there are some that will still not give her any credit. Oh well. That's life eh?
    I had not discovered FORT at the time but if I had I would have been right there with you Razorbacker. I was automatically going to root for her since she is an Okie but from the moment she sang in the audition and then Simon said that she had "it" I knew she would win. I don't always agree with his criticisms but when he says some has "it" or not he is always right.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

That's right, norealityhere. You actually have to be able to sing first. Publicists and stylists can work on you later, but the ability to sing should come first. I can't understand Kara's comments to people this season who are long gone and another one who should be on the chopping block soon that they're "the whole package" -- What? Maybe she means that literally - "package" - the container. No mention of what's inside.

Carrie, from the moment we were introduced to her, had an amazing voice. I knew she'd win from the get-go. Simon complained about her style, or lack of it. He wanted more pizazz -- like that little minx (his words), Kellie Pickler. She was cute and I liked her, but never to win. Simon thought she had a better presence than Carrie (remember his comments?)....but see how that worked out? Kellie is doing so-so, and Carrie is knocking it out of the park. Substance over style.

+ Reply to Thread