+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3387520;
    I didn't enjoy the duet either, but I'm not a great fan of Carrie's voice.
    I do like that she always acknowledges the huge part that Idol played in her success though.
    I think that's very classy.
    I enjoyed the duet because of Randy Travis.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Newbie

carrie was amazing --totally enjoyed Randy and Carrie singing together! Didn't like any part of her wardrobe, but I still think she's a fantastic singer!

FORT Fogey

Loved the duet...loved her outfit as always except for the hair and hat. I had not heard that she got her hair cut so that was a surprise as was the black flower , but the shoes and the dress were adorable.

Carrie & Randy are getting some pretty incredible reviews from all corners.

BLOG.WMYO.COM: Grand Ole Opry Elimination

Then it was time for Carrie and Randy to sing current Carrie hit and former Randy hit "I Told You So." Let me just say how amazing Carrie Underwood's voice is. I think she has really matured a lot since her time on "Idol"

American Idol Results Show (Top11) iRyanHD

Carrie Underwood is back on the Idol stage doing a duet with Randy Travis. She’s looking hot in red...... What happened to her long hair? She sang great. She really is in a class all of her own.

curlio.com: American Idol eliminates another one, or do they?

They perform a beautiful duet of "I Told You So." I've always liked the song, but I never knew it could sound so beautiful. Carrie really does have an amazing voice."

Alexis’ fall from grace complete - Idol Nation

It was fabulous to see Carrie Underwood back on the Idol stage. The flashbacks of her season on Idol were fun to watch, too. I know Kelly Clarkson has her legion of fans — and rightly so — but Carrie will always be the American Idol. And her “I Told You So” with Randy Travis was brilliant.

Grits n’ Whiskey Blog Archive Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis Rock The Idol Stage

Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis performed tonight on American Idol’s result show for Opry week. They sang Travis’ song ‘I Told You So’ and boy did it sound amazing. It’s crazy to think that not so long ago, Carrie was one of the Idol hopefuls.

Happy meets Crazy: AI Top 11 Results

Oh, that Carrie Underwood is so good. I think it's awesome that she gets to sing her "cover" with the original! And I loved how Randy smiled at Carrie when she hit another high note --

CajunTechie's Mindstream: Carrie Underwood & Randy Travis: An amazing performance

Anyone who knows me know I'm not a huge country fan. While I can appreciate a lot of it, it's usually not something that's even on my radar. But last night, I sat spellbound as country superstars Randy Travis and Carrie Underwood performed a duet that simply brought tears to my eyes. This has got to be one of the most amazing performances I've ever seen by either of these singers and I wanted to share it with you.

The song "I told you so" is a classic by Travis that's one of my all time favorites. His version is incredible; their version together: mindblowing. It's raw, universal, and absolutely beautiful.

American Idol Season 8 Top 11 Results - CanMag

Carrie Underwood’s introduction package told us she has had 9 #1 singles and 40 top music industry awards. She was the latest female inductee into The Grand Ole Opry. Carrie and Randy Travis performed a duet of “I Told You So”. She just gets better and better. The purity of her voice – wow.

Wow. Just Wow. She's amazing. I love her voice, and it keeps getting better. I loved how proud Randy looked when she was singing all those powerful notes. Simply amazing.

Carrie has been my favorite Idol winner and I love her music! I had not realize Randy sponsored her induction into Grand Ole Opry. I loved their duet -- he sorta acts like a proud Pappa. What a wonderful mentor for her to have. Proof positive that AI can showcase singers and change their lives forever.

Even folks that don't follow Country music are probably well aware of who John Rich is. John isn't always the most pleasant person to deal with, but love him or hate him, it is undeniable that he has had a tremendous impact on the Country Music Scene. At almost any time, you can check the charts & he either has a song by himself on the way up, or someone else has recorded one of his songs & it is sitting near the top. Anyway, this past weekend, he was the guest host on Kix Brooks' Top 40 Country Countdown show. He had a great compliment about Carrie, & he doesn't compliment folks to often. Here is what he said after playing "I Told You So".:

"I don't think country music has a better vocalist then Carrie Underwood right now...she's incredible"

And just on a personal note. Carrie has said that for this upcoming album, she'd like to work with song writers she hasn't worked with yet. Carrie, two words for you...John Rich.

This should be a good show whenever it airs in May. Maybe someone from Chicago will go & report back. Taping is tomorrow the 26th.

https://www.oprah.com/plugform.jsp?plugId=1646853&

Oprah Goes Country, Sets Blockbuster Show

Oprah
    OPRAH WINFREY's website, Oprah.com, is announcing that she will be taping a 'live' Country show this year, and according to OPRAH, this is "the Country music lineup of the year." Featured artsts include KENNY CHESNEY, SUGARLAND, DARIUS RUCKER and CARRIE UNDERWOOD.

The taping is set for MARCH 26th in CHICAGO. Fans who want to be part of the studio audience for the concert can apply here.

Win Free Seats: The Oprah Winfrey Show is devoting an entire episode to country music with guests to include Sugarland, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney and Darius Rucker. The show tapes March 26 for a May airdate.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3392154;
    Darius Rucker.
    Huh? When did Darius Rucker go Country?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Has anyone been following AI Rewind for Season 4? I saw an episode during Hollywood Week that made it look like the judges were on the fence about whether or not to keep Carrie. I think they thought she just didn't have enough pizzazz. I watched that season, but did not remember that part. It wouldn't have made such an impact at that point anyway. But can you imagine? And it just makes me wonder how many other people got the boot prematurely. I guess now that I think of it, Simon didn't see Kelly Clarkson's potential for quite awhile. If it had been up to him, she might not have made it far.

+ Reply to Thread