+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Nikki Sixx has aspirations of working with Carrie.

Motley Crue Go Cruising in an Ambulance to Announce Crue Fest 2 Tour : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

After briefly intimating that the band has been approached about a possible Mötley Crüe-themed Guitar Hero, Sixx waxed poetic about American Idol alumn Carrie Underwood, and her recent take on their track “Home, Sweet Home,” which is this season of Idol’s official parting montage tune. Sixx said he’s hoping to work with Underwood in the not-so-distant future.

“I spoke to Carrie a while ago and she wanted to cover the song, and I was actually going to fly down to Nashville and play bass on it, but it was during the holidays, and I was just spending time with my family,” he explains. “After she cut it we spoke, and she was excited about it. In the end, the thing is, I think we both want to write songs together. She writes pop songs and I think I’m a pop songwriter, however the songs are performed.”

According to both Entertainment Weekly & the LA Times, who were both in attendance last night,the duet between Carrie & Randy was done after the show ended & it absolutely blew the crowd away. Two people sitting on stools, Randy with a guitar, & they lit it up. I'm really looking forward to it. radio has the duet now as well.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Would be interested in hearing Carrie review the performances of her songs last night. I thought Matt's version of So Small was amazing.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3386551;
    Would be interested in hearing Carrie review the performances of her songs last night. I thought Matt's version of So Small was amazing.
    I also liked Matt last night a lot, much more than Danny.

According to those that were there last night, during the interview before her & Randy sang, Seacrest asked her about the performances. You'll just have to watch for the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3386308;
    According to both Entertainment Weekly & the LA Times, who were both in attendance last night,the duet between Carrie & Randy was done after the show ended & it absolutely blew the crowd away. Two people sitting on stools, Randy with a guitar, & they lit it up. I'm really looking forward to it. radio has the duet now as well.
    I'm looking forward to it as well. You can get the duet on Itunes now as well. I got it yesterday but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I think I will wait until after I watch them tonight.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fanatic

now that was singing. that was incredible. now i'll get this duet. i already have carrie's version and randy's original one.

usually carries a snappy dresser but didn't like the head piece.

and this will definitely be a future #1 country hit.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Carrie, I believe, had Randy in awe with her vocals. When he asked her to become a member of the Opry, it was right after she had sung this song & he told her it was as if he had written the song for her. You could see the admiration in the looks he was giving her.

But, I will agree with most everyone else & say what the heck was up with the thing in the hair?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I didn't really care for the duet. I really thought I would like it, was prepared to but didn't. I loved Carrie's vocals, but didn't care for the pairing. I really prefer Vince Gill doing the harmony (like on her album). I liked the idea behind the duet but not the reality. Her voice was spectacular, and I even like Randy Travis, but didn't love them together.

I do agree that he was in awe and very thrilled with her singing it so well. And I didn't care for her outfit, or that thing in her hair and truthfully I didn't really love her hair either which is strange because I usually am a fan of her hair.

I didn't enjoy the duet either, but I'm not a great fan of Carrie's voice.
    I do like that she always acknowledges the huge part that Idol played in her success though.
    I think that's very classy.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I absolutely loved the duet. It was totally amazing. Carrie's voice is absolutely beautiful. The way Randy looked at her while she was singing was just like a proud father or grandfather.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread