+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Newbie

Re: Carrie Underwood

Yesterday, March 10 was Carrie's birthday--I hope she had fun celebrating her birthday with family and friends.

It is being reported that next week is Grand Ol Opry week. Brad Paisley will perform. Randy Travis will mentor & Randy will join Carrie for a duet on I Told You So.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy4Knievel;3377943;
    I don't like Carrie or what she's done with the song. I'm just sick of her period!
    I had forgot about this being posted.. then I heard it last night.. i wanted to cry. I am a huge Sixx/Crue fan and Carrie taking this song and churning out that hot pile of crap that I had on my TV last night.. Oh gawd, it was bad. :nono

I still don't get all they hype over Carrie, and I never will.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

It was just announced that there will be an official release of I Told You So as a duet with Randy Travis. Carrie is really excited about this because Randy has always been one of her heroes, in fact she cried when she first met him right after Idol, embarrasing both of them. Not to mention that they were scheduled on the same bill one night somewhere in Ohio & he was opening for her, but she said "Nope, not gonna happen. I open, he closes." I forsee another big hit.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3376542;
    Now we know the Bye Bye Song for Idol this year.

CMT : News : Carrie Underwood Remakes Mötley Crue Hit for American Idol

Carrie Underwood Remakes Mötley Crue Hit for American Idol

March 9, 2009
    Carrie Underwood has recorded a version of Mötley Crüe's "Home Sweet Home" for American Idol. Starting on Wednesday (March 11), the song will be played when contestants are voted off the show and will be available as a digital single on iTunes on March 16. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). "I've always loved this song, and besides being very fitting for Idol, to me, the title is also very fitting with animal rescue and finding animals their own homes," Underwood said. "So we felt it was important to tie the release into an amazing animal charity like the HSUS." Underwood won American Idol in 2005.

You can hear a snippet here:

Amazon.com: Home Sweet Home: MP3 Downloads: Carrie Underwood

I absolutely love Carrie, but that song will always be a Motley Crue song for me. Hubby is not happy that she covered it, but did say she sounds ok.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Idol Audience Presents Marketing Bonanza : MusicRow

Idol Audience Presents Marketing Bonanza : MusicRow

American Idol will feature the Grand Ole Opry on March 17/18 and showcase Opry members Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley plus Randy Travis who is also serving as the show’s musical mentor. Sony and Warner Bros. are leveraging the show’s 24+ million audience in some interesting and unconventional ways.

Underwood’s recording of Motley Crue’s “Home Sweet Home” was chosen as the season’s soundtrack for its Idol going home segment each week. It is currently on sale as a digital track.

Underwood will also sing “I Told You So” with Travis and the digital duet will immediately be available for sale online. This track appears concurrently with her hit solo version of the song now climbing the charts.

Paisley’s new single, “Then” will also be performed for the first time on Idol and immediately offered as a digital single.

Also taking advantage of this mass market bonanza, Travis will release his new CD on March 17 to capitalize on the coverage.

Surely all these marketing hooks are no coincidence. Music Row checked in with Sony Music Chairman Joe Galante to get a read on how it came about and what the expectations are…

MR: Joe is this the first time that you have released a digital-only single right after American Idol?

JG: Actually we did it last year for the charity single that Carrie performed on the Idol Gives Back show. Late last year the idea presented itself for Carrie to work on developing a song for the show this year. She demoed “Home Sweet Home,” everyone loved it, and it wound up being the song for the “going home” segment. It debuts on sale March 16. And the Randy/Carrie duet
    came about because it is a special occasion. Randy was the one that introduced her on the Opry and asked her to join. The idea became a natural after the Idol folks decided to do Opry week and Randy became the mentor.

MR: Are you expecting sales to resemble a big spike curve?

JG: There’s no doubt in my mind that the fans are going to want to capture this moment. Carrie and Brad’s audience plus other musicphiles. It’s great that Idol is tipping their hat to the Opry and giving us this kind of platform.

MR: This plan leverages the power of a unique TV property with a mass audience in much that way that you traditionally hope to leverage the power of country radio.

JG: Yes. FremantleMedia and 19 have always been great about country. Every chance Carrie got when she was competiting on the show she was singing country. I remember Simon asking, “Why do you sing that stuff?” But my last conversation with Simon showed that he is getting it now. Carrie has been a tremendous spokeswoman for all of us in this format. We saw in the CMA research, that people are walking through the country door because of this show. It’s a great opportunity for everybody in the format to participate.”

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3381113;
    I absolutely love Carrie, but that song will always be a Motley Crue song for me. Hubby is not happy that she covered it, but did say she sounds ok.
    I really like Carrie as well, but I don't like her version of this song. It's a surprise miss for me - don't know why she needed to do a remake anyway.

I love Carrie, I believe Carrie, and Brad Paisley's voice are singing soulmates. They sound beautiful together when they sing.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3383115;
    I really like Carrie as well, but I don't like her version of this song. It's a surprise miss for me - don't know why she needed to do a remake anyway.
    I have to admit that "I Told You So" is not my favorite single from Carrie. It sounds a little strained to me. However, I cannot wait to her the duet! It should be awesome.

A review of Home Sweet Home from country universe. By the way, if you click the link below, there are multiple you tube vids of Carrie doing other covers that are well worth watching.

Country Universe » Carrie Underwood, “Home Sweet Home”

"Home Sweet Home" - Country Universe Review

kay, I have an idea. Carrie Underwood should take another year or two to look for strong new material for her next proper studio album. In the meantime, she can release a 2-CD set of cover songs.

The first disc: country hits of days gone by, in the same vein as “I Told You So.” The second disc: pop/rock power ballads. I’m not going to front. I’d probably listen to the second disc more.

I don’t know what it is about American Idol that leads Underwood down this road so many times, but good Lord, it works. Every. Single. Time. “Alone” made her the front-runner when she was still on the show. “I’ll Stand By You” and “Praying For Time” were better than her current radio singles when they were released. And now, Motley Crue’s “Home Sweet Home.”

She sings material like this so naturally that it’s easy to forget that she’s a solid country singer, too. I’ve made countless comparisons of Underwood’s vocal gifts to Trisha Yearwood’s, but I have to say that I’m starting to think of Underwood as more of a modern-day Ronstadt. She doesn’t have Yearwood’s impeccable taste in material, but she certainly has Ronstadt’s fearless song choice.

And just like with Ronstadt, when it works, it works. “Home Sweet Home” works. I’m sure that fans of the Motley Crue original may wince at the rough edges that have been sanded down, but what do you expect? Underwood’s a pure vocalist, not a rock singer. I prefer the former over the latter, so this is yet another Idol exclusive of Underwood’s that will be in my heavy rotation.

Written by Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, and Nikki Sixx

Grade: B+

+ Reply to Thread