+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Every year at this time there is a gathering of Country Radio executives, DJ'S, & Program Directors in Nashville for something called the Country Radio Seminar. These folks are there to see what is new, who is new, what is going on in the industry etc. They are also there to meet & greet the stars & to be wined & dined by the music companies.

Well, last night was the annual dinner party/ concert on the Admiral Jackson Riverboat sponsored by Sony/BMG. Kenny Chesney was the opening act, followed by Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, Montgomery Gentry & Carrie, along with a special guest named Peter Frampton. According to folks that were there & blogging live or twittering, the absolute show stopper was a performance of Baby I Love Your Way by Peter, Martina & Carrie. Everyone said it brought down the house. Man would I have loved to have been there for that.

Evidently Carrie did some new stuff as well & then invited all 650 people in attendance to go bowling with her after they docked. Don't know if that happened or not, but it sure would have been a full bowling alley.

She was also presented with a plaque for selling 10 million albums.

FORT Fogey

That purple dress on Carrie is fabulous. Thanks for the pictures

Carrie with her 10 million albums sold plaque:

The tradition of Carrie appearing on the Opry stages during CMA Music Fest continues. She will be there Tuesday Night June 9th. I just got tickets for both shows.

Now we know the Bye Bye Song for Idol this year.

CMT : News : Carrie Underwood Remakes Mötley Crue Hit for American Idol

Carrie Underwood Remakes Mötley Crue Hit for American Idol

March 9, 2009
    Carrie Underwood has recorded a version of Mötley Crüe's "Home Sweet Home" for American Idol. Starting on Wednesday (March 11), the song will be played when contestants are voted off the show and will be available as a digital single on iTunes on March 16. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). "I've always loved this song, and besides being very fitting for Idol, to me, the title is also very fitting with animal rescue and finding animals their own homes," Underwood said. "So we felt it was important to tie the release into an amazing animal charity like the HSUS." Underwood won American Idol in 2005.

You can hear a snippet here:

Amazon.com: Home Sweet Home: MP3 Downloads: Carrie Underwood

Happy Birthday to Carrie...

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3376542;
    Now we know the Bye Bye Song for Idol this year.

CMT : News : Carrie Underwood Remakes Mötley Crue Hit for American Idol

Carrie Underwood Remakes Mötley Crue Hit for American Idol

March 9, 2009
    Carrie Underwood has recorded a version of Mötley Crüe's "Home Sweet Home" for American Idol. Starting on Wednesday (March 11), the song will be played when contestants are voted off the show and will be available as a digital single on iTunes on March 16. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). "I've always loved this song, and besides being very fitting for Idol, to me, the title is also very fitting with animal rescue and finding animals their own homes," Underwood said. "So we felt it was important to tie the release into an amazing animal charity like the HSUS." Underwood won American Idol in 2005.

You can hear a snippet here:

Amazon.com: Home Sweet Home: MP3 Downloads: Carrie Underwood
    OMG.. this is for real?! Sigh, i have no words to express how i feel on this one. *shakes head*
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3377934;
    OMG.. this is for real?! Sigh, i have no words to express how i feel on this one. *shakes head*
    I don't like Carrie or what she's done with the song. I'm just sick of her period!

I really like her version of the song, w00t!

She really needs to put out a album of rock covers because she definitely does them justice without sounding like a total copycat, esp. the GnR songs.

Evidently Carries offer of a trip bowling after the Concert on the Riverboat last week, did indeed take place.

Carrie Underwood Hits the Lanes - The Boot

Carrie Underwood Hits the Lanes

Everyone knows Carrie Underwood can belt out a tune, but she recently proved she's no slouch when it comes to bowling either. The country superstar invited some of the country's top disc jockeys to join her for some fun at Nashville's Pla-Mor Lanes last week, just after her performance on General Jackson riverboat cruise honoring radio programmers from across the country.

"I thought it would be fun, and it's a more personal way to spend time with some of my friends in radio and say thanks for all they do for me," Underwood told The Boot in between hurling a 10-pound pink ball down the lanes.

Country radio staffers from all over the nation were in Nashville for the annual Country Radio Seminar, a conference filled with panel discussions, interviews, cocktail parties and tons of great concerts. Following the riverboat cruise, an annual event held by Sony/BMG Nashville, radio personnel went straight to the bowling alley, getting a chance to hang with Underwood -- taking pictures, getting autographs, and of course seeking a few strikes.

Dressed in jeans, white shirt and a black vest, the singer showed good form and shared a few laughs with the radio and record company folks. Her bowling pals signed a new bowling pin to provide their hostess a souvenir from the evening. "This is more fun for me," she told The Boot, confessing that she suffers from motion sickness and usually gets queasy during the annual riverboat excursion. "I am wristband free this year," she said earlier in the evening while still on the boat, referring to the wristbands she has generally worn to combat motion sickness. "I took a couple of Dramamine and I'm feeling good. The General Jackson is not going to get the best of me!"

After her performance, Sony Music executives presented Underwood with a huge plaque commemorating sales of 10 million CDs of her debut album, 'Some Hearts' and her sophomore effort, 'Carnival Ride.' She lost her composure, tears flowing as she thanked those in attendance for their support. "I feel like we should celebrate and when I want to celebrate, I go bowling," Carrie told the crowd, inviting them to join her for some fun on dry land.

+ Reply to Thread