+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 425 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Regular
    Carrie is so overrated that it is not even funny. She has a OK voice but not the best. She really is not the best singer. I agree she has the largest fan base. Southern, country/western base. Simon wants a country/western singer or a rock singer to win. That is why he is openly promoting this girl as the next American Idol. He openly said that she will be the next American Idol on the Oprah show yesterday in Chicago. Oprah asked just who he felt were some of the favorites. He could and did not mention any other name but this Carrie young lady. To me that was a "conflict of interest" especially as judge this early in the game. This was not fair. I'm just waiting for someone to call his hand on this. I am also surprised that the producers will not pull his coat-tail. Oprah looked at him so strange and said nothing. She just kept looking at him.

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    There, I disagree.

Carrie has the purest, best voice. At least techincally. Maybe her or Anwar.

Their problems thus far seem to be singing naturally and non-robotlike.

Quote Originally Posted by alyourpal
    GOOD GRACIOUS WHY DIDN'T SHE TRY OUT FOR NASHVILLE STAR??????

I can think of a few reasons.For one thing she just loves to sing, and can sing more than just country.She's also not a singer songwriter, she's just a singer.Nashville Star is for aspiring country singer/songwriters you have to write your own original songs and sing them.Also American Idol has a lot more of a mass appeal and makes thier contestants more popular.She made the right choice by trying out for American Idol, she'll do well because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by D/WBB5
    I can think of a few reasons.For one thing she just loves to sing, and can sing more than just country.
    Well, except for the one week when she sang "Alone", you wouldn't know it...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rilond
    Carrie is so overrated that it is not even funny. She has a OK voice but not the best. She really is not the best singer. I agree she has the largest fan base. Southern, country/western base. Simon wants a country/western singer or a rock singer to win. That is why he is openly promoting this girl as the next American Idol. He openly said that she will be the next American Idol on the Oprah show yesterday in Chicago. Oprah asked just who he felt were some of the favorites. He could and did not mention any other name but this Carrie young lady. To me that was a "conflict of interest" especially as judge this early in the game. This was not fair. I'm just waiting for someone to call his hand on this. I am also surprised that the producers will not pull his coat-tail. Oprah looked at him so strange and said nothing. She just kept looking at him.
    Simon wants a country western singer to win? You must have missed his comments from an earlier season when he more or less said he didn't understand country music at all.

He's made comments like this many times before. But just because he thinks a particular singer is the favourite to win doesn't mean he personally wants that person to win. Sometimes his pimping of one competitor makes his/her fans complacent while lighting a fire under the collective asses of fans of the other singers to vote more.

The producers love having Simon go on talk shows and press interviews, since everything he says promotes AI.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kevbug11
    There, I disagree.

Carrie has the purest, best voice. At least techincally. Maybe her or Anwar.

Their problems thus far seem to be singing naturally and non-robotlike.
    I wouldn't say that about Anwar -- he's not "robot-like", he's annoyingly "Lionel Richie-like". But I agree about Carrie.

While she can certainly sing, she has absolutely ZERO personality or discernible character. And that's a very big void in her overall "package." Because successful pop stars -- especially solo singers -- are ones who project a persona just as well as they project their voice.

FORT Fan
    Carrie also sang that Tiffanny song a few weeks back. That wasn't country.

Is it a sin to be a country singer? Every artist in the market brackets him/herself in the musical field she is best at.

Give the girl a break!

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    i love carrie underwood. plain and simple, this girl has it! however, i would like to see her lose this competition and go straight to nashville to record an awesome country album. i'f prefer that than her singing whatever the AI folks will make her do.
    Praise seitan!

FORT Newbie

I pretty much agree

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBase
    i love carrie underwood. plain and simple, this girl has it! however, i would like to see her lose this competition and go straight to nashville to record an awesome country album. i'f prefer that than her singing whatever the AI folks will make her do.
    Carrie is my favorite, but I do think winning can be the kiss of death...with the exception of the first idol contest, the winners have all but faded away while those in second place get more and more attention. I wish simon would quit hyping carrie, it can cause a backlash against her, an unfair one in my opinion, and she deserves better.

FORT Fan
    Did anyone else notice that Simon was actually clapping after Carrie's performance? I don't think I've ever seen him clap for anyone, even when the other judges are giving standing ovations. I predict he will stand up after next week's performance. He'll need to get out of his seat to do cartwheels.

+ Reply to Thread