+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Newbie

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3271587;
    BTW, how is Jessica's CD selling?

Wasn't Carrie just awesome? Once again I feel like a proud mama.
    She was great. Carrie is blowing the charts up!

Carrie recently blogged on her fan club site to thank everyone for giving her a great year in 2008, for buying her records, for coming to her concerts, & for always being there to support her. She was very grateful for the 3 awards she was voted to win at the Peoples Choice Awards. But, it's time to get back to work & here's what she says is next:

I'm taking a couple of weeks off now to get ready for the storm of the next album. I'm going to start writing at the end of this month. I'm writing with a lot of people that I have written with before, but I'm also going to be writing with some great writers that I've never even met before. I'm very excited! I really enjoy writing. And after writing a little for the last album, I gained so much respect for the writers that do that every day for other artists. It's very draining. But I can't wait to see what comes out of it! I have really good feelings about it all!

She really sounds excited & has mentioned before that she wants to branch out & work with new writers, so it looks like she will have her chance.

That sounds awesome! Can't wait for her next album.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I don't know how many of you are aware of the prank Carrie pulled on Little Big Town on the last night of their tour together. She produced a video & played it to the crowd before LBT hit the stage. In the video she asked the crowd to BOO everytime that one of the members of LBT was introduced. Well it played out perfectly & LBT was pretty mortified & embarrassed when the whole auditorium reigned down a chorus of boos on them. Anyway, LBT is interviewed in this video & talk about the prank & the pwoer of Carrie Underwood. Pretty funny stuff, check it out:

Dailymotion United States - Search results: cmt

I should have added to the above, that if you want to see the prank played out, there are youtube vids of it.

Here is a list of the Top 10 money generators for the past year. It includes Concert tickets, album sales, downloads, but it doesn't include endorsements. It definitely doesn't include any money from her co-headline tour with Keith Urban either (only headlining spots are included).This is not how much these artists actually took home, but regardless it looks like Carrie had a pretty big year.

Madonna, AC/DC and the year's highest-grossing pop acts | Pop & Hiss | Los Angeles Times

Los Angeles Times' 2008 "Ultimate Top 20":

01. MADONNA ($120.1 million)
    02. CELINE DION ($106.8 million)
    03. KENNY CHESNEY ($95.7 million)
    04. EAGLES ($90.7 million)
    05. AC/DC ($82 million)
    06. COLDPLAY ($81.6 million)
    07. BON JOVI ($81.4 million)
    08. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND ($79 million)
    09. JONAS BROTHERS ($77.9 million)
    10. RASCAL FLATTS ($77.1 million)
    11. NEIL DIAMOND ($70.5 million)
    12. TAYLOR SWIFT ($62.2 million)
    13. MICHAEL BUBLÉ ($59.5 million)
    14. METALLICA ($56.4 million)
    15. CARRIE UNDERWOOD ($54.9 million)
    16. DAVE MATTHEWS BAND ($51.6 million)
    17. THE POLICE ($51 million)
    18. LIL WAYNE ($50.8 million)
    19. TOM PETTY ($50.5 million)
    20. KID ROCK ($50. 2
    Last edited by razorbacker; 01-14-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Carrie & Jennifer Hudson have been added to performance slots for the Grammy's.

It seems that not only will Carrie be on hand to perform at the Grammy’s, but it looks like she is also signed up as a presenter.

CountryMusicIsLove Another Country Performer Added To Grammy Lineup

UPDATE: We just learned that Carrie will not only be performing at the Grammy’s, she’ll also be presenting!

We just got word that three time Grammy winner, Carrie Underwood was added as a performer for the 51st Annual Grammy Awards!

This year, Carrie is up for the Grammy for Best Female Vocal Performance for “Last Name.”

Kenny Chesney was announced as a performer last week.

The Grammys will air February 8th at 8pm.

Some interesting results from Country Universe.

Country Universe The First Annual Country Universe Readers’ Choice Awards

The First Annual Country Universe Readers’ Choice Awards

Carrie Underwood is the top winner of the inaugural Country Universe Reader’s Choice Awards, earning first place in all four of the races in which she was eligible. In addition to being named Artist of the Year and Female Vocalist, her #1 hit “Just a Dream” won for Single and Music Video.

Also popular with readers this past year were:

- Sugarland, who won Vocal Duo/Group by the widest margin of any of the winners, and placed second for Artist and Album. Additionally, lead singer Jennifer Nettles placed second for Songwriter.

- Jamey Johnson, who won for Songwriter, and placed second in the Male Vocalist race. His hit “In Color” came in third in both the Single and Music Video races, and he also placed third in the Artist race.

- Brad Paisley, who won easily for Male Vocalist and came in second for Music Video with “Waitin’ on a Woman.”

- Patty Loveless, who topped both Sugarland and Lee Ann Womack to finish first in the Album race.

Among up-and-comers, Lady Antebellum and Joey+ Rory proved most popular, finishing first and second in the Rising Star race and second and third in the Vocal Duo/Group Race. Lee Ann Womack and Trisha Yearwood also did well, with both women placing behind Underwood in the Female Vocalist race. Yearwood’s hit “This is Me You’re Talking To” placed second for Single, and Womack’s Call Me Crazy finished third behind Loveless and Sugarland for Album. And with wide disagreement in the Songwriter race beyond Johnson and Nettles, the red-hot Taylor Swift makes her only appearance on the list, placing third.

The hand written lyrics for Before He Cheats are up for auction on Ebay. All proceeds benefit he Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. Auction ends Feb. 5th. Next bid required is $590.00.

"Before He Cheats" - Handwritten & Signed Lyrics - eBay (item 260349566201 end time Feb-05-09 11:15:00 PST)

+ Reply to Thread