+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Carrie has won the Favorite Artist under 35 Award at the upcoming Peoples Choice Awards. If that is true check out the list of nominees she beat. I foresee a big time hissy fit from Kanye West.

Sideshow: Hudson to sing at inauguration? | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/01/2009

Carrie tops under-35 list
    Carrie Underwood, who was the most-streamed artist on CMT.com in '08, has been voted the favorite star under 35 in a poll conducted by People mag and the People's Choice Awards. Carrie will pick up her award - and perform - at Wednesday's awards show, to be broadcast on CBS.
    The show, which will be hosted by Queen Latifah, also features a performance by country band Rascal Flatts.

Amy Adams
    Drew Barrymore
    Beyonce Knowles
    Orlando Bloom
    Chris Brown
    Chace Crawford
    Miley Cyrus
    Leonardo DiCaprio
    Zac Efron
    America Ferrera
    Ryan Gosling
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Anne Hathaway
    Scarlett Johansson
    Angelina Jolie
    Alicia Keys
    Keira Knightley
    John Krasinski
    Shia LaBeouf
    Blake Lively
    John Mayer
    Eva Mendes
    Daniel Radcliffe
    Rihanna
    Taylor Swift
    Justin Timberlake
    Carrie Underwood
    Usher
    Milo Ventimiglia
    Pete Wentz
    Kanye West
    Reese Witherspoon

So it is official & the rumors have been confirmed. Carries next single will be I Told You So…going for radio adds Feb. 2.. There isn’t a doubt in my mind that by the time Feb. 2 rolls around the song will be well up the charts already. Country Radio doesn’t seem to be very good at waiting to play new Carrie music.

Latest Breaking Radio and Music News - AllAccess.com v2.0

February 02, 2009
     Artist Title Label
     Carrie Underwood I Told You So Arista
     Justin Moore Small Town USA The Valory Music Co.

Don't forget to catch Carrie tonight on the Peoples Choice Awards. It's going to be interesting to see what she is singing, she has been very secretive about it. And she blogged on her fan club site that she is really nervous.

She is also on the Morning Show on CBS, if you are up that early.

Carrie continues to surprise with her performance selections. According to this interview & a brief glimpse of the song practice, she is not singing the upcoming single I Told You So, but instead has decided to sing I Know You Won't. Check it out.

ET's Sneak Peek At The 'People's Choice Awards'

This Opry appearance has just been announced & since it is still two months away, the line up will fill in. This is a Sat. Night appearance, so those that have GAC, it should be televised. For those that have Sirius/XM, it will also be Live (bbnbama).

3/7 Grand Ole Opry House Carrie Underwood

Now, I'm just waiting for the announcement for Tuesday Night during CMA Music Fest...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Thanks for the heads up on the Sirius/XM razor
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Carrie won all three of the awards she was up for tonight at the Peoples Choice Awards. Favorite Country Single, Favorite Female Singer (all genres) & the big one, Favorite Star Under 35.

Here’s a great review for Carries upcoming single.

Single Review: “I Told You So” by Carrie Underwood Country Music Central

Single Review: “I Told You So” by Carrie Underwood

Written and originally performed by the great Randy Travis, “I Told You So” hit #1 for the first time in that same year and became a land mark hit for Travis in his career. Twenty-one years later it looks like this powerful and mesmerizing ballad is going to do it again in the very capable hands of Carrie Underwood, who Travis conveniently invited to the Opry last year.

What can I say about this song? Wait…what can’t I say about this song. It keeps intact the perfection of Randy’s original version, adjusts flawlessly and almost un-noticeably to Carrie’s own voice, contains intense and powerful emotional significance and presentation without going overboard, and stands out over anything that has been offered to radio in the past few years. What Travis was able to do with this song Carrie was able to capitalize on and bring this powerful ballad to a whole new level.

There is just so much glory behind this song. Not only is Carrie able to prove once and for all that she undoubtably belongs in the country music world, at least to those still too stubborn to accept her, but she is also able to bring her take on such a delicate and heavily treasured country classic and pull it off with grace and style without destroying what was so great about it in the first place. In summary, perfect song, perfect voice, perfect cover, written by one of the best and reborn through one of today’s best.

Grade: A+

This is what I thought of Carrie's performance on the PCA's: That that Jessica Simpson!
    Forever a Word Nerd

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

BTW, how is Jessica's CD selling?

Wasn't Carrie just awesome? Once again I feel like a proud mama.

+ Reply to Thread