+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3253322;
    I find it very interesting that Carrie is the only artist mentioned in this article, and that they would put out a press release to announce one performer while not mentioning any of the others.

Carrie Underwood to sing at People's Choice Awards - Las Cruces Sun-News

Carrie Underwood to sing at People's Choice Awards

LOS ANGELES—The People's Choice Awards says Carrie Underwood will perform at its 35th annual ceremony next month.

The awards show, airing Jan. 7 on CBS, will be hosted by Queen Latifah at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, organizers said Wednesday. The People's Choice trophies go to fan favorites in TV, movies and music.

Underwood went from "American Idol" winner to a country music star whose hits include "Just a Dream" and "Jesus, Take the Wheel."
    Maybe its because she's never performed there before?

Do we even have any inkling as to any of the other potential performers? And isn't it the People's Choice Awards that the winners already know they've won prior to receiving the award? If that's the case, I'm assuming that since she will be performing then she is probably the winner in all or at least one of her categories!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

BB, so far no other performers have been announced, that's why I found it odd that a press release would be issued for Carrie only. I think it speaks well of where her career is now. I believe you are correct in that the winners know prior to the show. So, I would say that she has won something. Even though she is nominated for Last Name I'm holding out hopes that she sings Flat on the Floor, I think that is a song that is custom made for this type of show.

Just a reminder for those of you that get GAC, Carrie will be on the Opry show tonight. It is their Christmas show that was recorded at the Rymann last Tuesday night. Two things came back from folks that went. Carrie was sick & losing her voice, but even fans at Martinaville.com said she sounded absolutely incredible & you couldn't tell she was sick at all. And secondly, to close out the show Carrie, Martina, & Julianne Hough all three join together for Rockin Round the Christmas Tree. A Carrie & Martina duet has long been wished for, I'm anxious to see it.

A couple of weeks ago, Carries tour hit Orlando at the same time that The Idol Experience was opening at The Disney Studios in Walt Disney World. Carrie was asked to participate. Here are two of my favorite people together.

As the year comes to an end, everyone seems to be putting out year end statistics of one sort or another. Carrie had a truly incredible year.

CMT.com has made it official & designated Just a Dream as the #1 most streamed video of the year.

But, the truly impressive statistic is that not only was Carrie Country Radios most played Female artist, but she was also the Most Played Artist on Country Radio this year. Pretty amazing stuff in a genre so heavily Male dominated.

For those that follow such things, obviously I do, Carrie has acheived another #1 single as her version of Do You Hear What I Hear hit the #1 spot on the Christmas Charts. The song also moved up to #25 on the Country Charts & easlity became the most played Christmas song on the Country Charts. This should foreshadow the end of Christmas musicon Country radio, so maybe by this time next week we'll be back to some sort of normal chart progression.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3257647;
    For those that follow such things, obviously I do, Carrie has acheived another #1 single as her version of Do You Hear What I Hear hit the #1 spot on the Christmas Charts. The song also moved up to #25 on the Country Charts & easlity became the most played Christmas song on the Country Charts. This should foreshadow the end of Christmas musicon Country radio, so maybe by this time next week we'll be back to some sort of normal chart progression.
    I'm not a country fan, but I agree that Carrie is incredibly talented. I listened to station that played all Christmas songs during the past month, and they played a few different Christmas songs by Carrie, one of which was "O Holy Night." I thought they were great.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is from the latest Nintendo Commercial..Anywho, she looks good, as always.

Don't know whay that is so small..
    Last edited by razorbacker; 12-28-2008 at 12:25 AM.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Like the recent David Cook commercial for the upcoming season of AI, Carrie has one out....Its filmed with the same premise as David's...shows her winning Female vocalist of the year and singing "Just a Dream" and then it does a fast rewind to her original audition and then being announced as the next Americal Idol.

Go to YouTube:

Carrie Underwood American Idol Season 8 Promo
    by carrierox07

Yep, I can't wait for AI to start back up...15 days.....but whose counting?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Carrie is the only artist to be featured on the first commercial for the People Choice Awards. It's just Queen Latifah talking about the show & Carrie is in the background performing. She is still the only artist announced as a performer.

+ Reply to Thread