+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;3225817;
    Razor, be sure to invite us all when Carrie sets a backyard concert date. I'm only about 4 hours from you and can bring some BBQ.
    If you are really in Dallas then you are a bunch more than 4 hrs. from me. I am just South of the Missouri Border.

By the way, the next 3 nights Carrie is going to be in Grand Prairie, Austin, & Houston...you going?

PS: If I send you my address can you FEDEX me the BBQ?

Carrie Underwood Steps Out With 'Bachelor' Travis Stork
    October 30, 2008, 7:28 am PDT

PHILADELPHIA, PA -- Does Carrie Underwood have a new man in her life?

The country singer was spotted having dinner with former "Bachelor" and "The Doctors" co-host, Travis Stork, earlier this week, People reported.

The duo reportedly hit up Stephen Starr's French bistro Parc in Philadelphia.

During the dinner, where two friends joined them, a fellow Parc diner told the mag that Carrie referred to Travis as her "boyfriend."

"They were very cute," the diner added. "After dinner they even skipped down the sidewalk together as they left."

Earlier this month, Travis was photographed backstage at Carrie's concert in Topeka, Kansas.

Reps for the singer could not be reached when contacted by the magazine.
    Link

"They were very cute," the diner added. "After dinner they even skipped down the sidewalk together as they left."
    I like Carrie, but good Lord...

Carrie finds her place among some pretty exclusive company.

Chart Beat: Carrie Underwood, Labelle, AC/DC

October 30, 2008
    CARRIE'S NATION: There are only a handful of artists who can release albums titled "Number Ones" or "1s" or some variation thereof, including Elvis Presley, the Beatles, Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, George Strait and Diana Ross & the Supremes. She's not quite ready to follow suit, but she's working on it: Carrie Underwood collects her seventh No. 1 as "Just a Dream" (19/Arista) advances 3-1 on Hot Country Songs.

"Just a Dream" is the fourth single from Underwood's sophomore album, "Carnival Ride." All four singles, including "So Small," "All-American Girl" and "Last Name," have achieved pole position. That makes Underwood the first solo female artist to pull four No. 1s from one album since Shania Twain did it in 1995-1996 with a quartet of tracks from "The Woman In Me."

It has been three years and five months since Underwood made her country chart debut with a cover of Rascal Flatts' "Bless the Broken Road." That's the second fastest accumulation of seven No. 1s for a solo female artist in the 64-year history of this tally. The only woman to earn seven No. 1s at a faster pace is Tammy Wynette, who took two years, 10 months and two weeks from the debut of "Apartment #9" in December 1966 to her seventh chart-topper, "The Ways to Love a Man," in October 1969.

Here is a list of the solo female artists who have topped the country songs chart seven or more times, and how long it took them to go from chart debut to that seventh No. 1:

Tammy Wynette (two years, 10 months, two weeks)
    Carrie Underwod (three years, five months)
    Shania Twain (five years, one month, one week)
    Faith Hill (six years, two months, one week)
    Janie Fricke (seven years, two months, three weeks)
    Rosanne Cash (eight years, five months, one week)
    Reba McEntire (nine years, six months, one week)
    Crystal Gayle (nine years, seven months)
    Dolly Parton (10 years, 10 months, two weeks)
    Loretta Lynn (11 years, seven months, three weeks)
    Anne Murray (13 years, four months, one week)
    Emmylou Harris (13 years, five months, two weeks)
    Tanya Tucker (14 years, five months, one week)

Counting from first No. 1 to seventh, Wynette wins for speed again. From the time her duet with David Houston on "My Elusive Dreams" topped the chart in September 1967, it took two years, one month and one week to get to her seventh No. 1. Using this criterion, Underwood would be in third place among solo female artists with Shania Twain scoring a narrow victory for the runner-up spot. It's so close between them, it's worth counting in days from first No. 1 to seventh. It took Twain two years, nine months, one week and three days, while Underwood took two years, nine months, two weeks and four days.

When it comes to number of No. 1 hits this decade, there is no contest. Underwood was already the leader and simply extends her total with seven. There is a three-way tie for second place between Sara Evans, Faith Hill and Jo Dee Messina, who all have three.

"Just a Dream" brings the total of No. 1s for the "American Idol" franchise to 209, counting all national, domestic charts compiled by Billboard.

This doesn’t include the co-headlining tour with Keith Urban, so I'd say it has been a very good year for Carrie.

Carrie Underwood News | The Official Carrie Underwood Site

Underwood Will Have Performed 137 Live Shows By Year’s End !

NASHVILLE - (October 31, 2008) - Carrie Underwood’s “Carnival Ride Tour,” sponsored by vitaminwater®, has become a much-demanded concert ticket this year. Over 1,000,000 fans have come to see Underwood perform on the road so far in 2008. The current fall leg of shows included a sold-out show at the BOK Center in Tulsa in her home state of Oklahoma Wednesday night, a sold-out run of five shows in Canada earlier this month, and many other sell-outs across the U.S. By the end of 2008, Underwood will have performed 137 live concerts, in addition to her many other Opry and TV performances.
    Underwood, who recently celebrated her ninth #1 single, will take a quick break from the “Carnival Ride Tour” to host the 42nd Annual CMA Awards with Brad Paisley. She was recently nominated in two CMA categories, Female Vocalist of The Year, a title she currently holds for 2006 & 2007, and Album of The Year for CARNIVAL RIDE. She will depart Nashville the day after the CMA’s to resume the tour in Bakersfield, California.

Since I just got a camera, this is my first attempt, so forgive me if they aren’t too good. These are from Jonesboro, Ar. 10/27

Last edited by Unklescott; 11-02-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3226903;
    Since I just got a camera, this is my first attempt, so forgive me if they aren’t too good. These are from Jonesboro, Ar. 10/27
    Man, you had great seats! Next time you upload pictures to your Photobucket account reduce the size to a maximum of 640x480. That option is set in a drop down menu right below where you enter the file to upload it.
    I resized them for you so they would fit better.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 11-02-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Good for Carrie!!! I wish more musicians and actors felt the same way.

FOXNews.com - Carrie Underwood Loses Respect for Stars Who Endorse a Candidate - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Carrie Underwood Loses Respect for Stars Who Endorse a Candidate
    Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Country singer Carrie Underwood may seem like America’s sweetheart, but just make sure you don’t ask her who she is voting for in this year’s presidential election.

“There is someone I do support, but I don’t support publicly,” gossip Web site Just Jared quotes Underwood as telling TV Guide.

“I lose all respect for celebrities when they back a candidate,” she said. “It’s saying that the American public isn’t smart enough to make their own decisions.”

The American Idol alum added that she would never want “anybody to vote for anything or anybody just because I told them to.”

Those may sound like harsh words, but Underwood thinks that musicians should stick to getting people away from “all the BS.”

“Whether it’s from politics or just the world around you, music should be an escape,” she said.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3227407;
    Carrie is on the cover of the next Elle Magazine. Check out the B&W photo. My, my!!
    HERE is the article that goes along with those pics, razorbacker. There's a few more of those pics... and a couple of videos. Definitely a different type of photoshoot... wow!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3228205;
    Good for Carrie!!! I wish more musicians and actors felt the same way.

FOXNews.com - Carrie Underwood Loses Respect for Stars Who Endorse a Candidate - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Carrie Underwood Loses Respect for Stars Who Endorse a Candidate
    Tuesday, November 04, 2008

“I lose all respect for celebrities when they back a candidate,” she said. “It’s saying that the American public isn’t smart enough to make their own decisions.”

The American Idol alum added that she would never want “anybody to vote for anything or anybody just because I told them to.”

Those may sound like harsh words, but Underwood thinks that musicians should stick to getting people away from “all the BS.”

“Whether it’s from politics or just the world around you, music should be an escape,” she said.
    I SOOOO agree with her...but in a way it might backfire on her (losing respect of other celebreties...could have worded it a little more different but oh well). Famous people bashing one another or their opinion is asking a lot on themselves. She'll be targeted.

i dont want to go to a concert and having someone tell you who to vote and spend some 10-15 minutes or more b*tch*ng and complaining about someone, etc...i came for music not a political event (madonna, barbra streisand to name a few). I don't mind if a song or two has political meaning or some sort of world peace, war, etc message...at least i know its there. its a song. but please no lecture and ranting about a certain person during a concert were one shells out $100+ for a concert.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

+ Reply to Thread