+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 423 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    My frustration is that I want MORE from Carrie. She does have a great voice, but she is pretty mush the same each week. Before this season, the judges criticized performers for stuck in one genre. Now they praise it.

I didn't mean that her popularity falling with judges or her hardcore fans(like myself). Just reading the posts over here and and on other boards it seems that people are seeing other competitors shining through and are getting tired with her sometimes not super-fun act. I don't think that she will leave anytime soon, just that I hope she doesn't screw up what should be a sure spot in the final 2. Hope I cleared up any confusion.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

FORT Fan
    I think we should remember that the opinions on boards like this rarely reflect the true voting patterns of the public.

Carrie probably has one of (if not the) strongest fan bases of the show. And her performances have been consistantly strong.

I think she will reach the top 4 at the very least.

Just a reminder, folks...ridiculing people who appear on a reality show is fine. Ridiculing another poster here because you don't happen to agree with his/her opinion is not. :nono

Vonzell and Nikko for AI4 FantasiaFan's Avatar
    I am not a fan of Carrie, she is dull to me, and way overrated.
    VOTE VONZELL AND NIKKO FOR THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL!

Congrats Tasia on winning AI3!!

FORT Fanatic
    The thing with Carrie is that she doesn't NEED American Idol. She'll have a career in country music. In fact, Garth Brooks has called her - told her he'll connect her with his folks if she doesn't make it to the end of American Idol.

Garth Brooks contacting her makes me feel less evil when I wish that Carrie is gone in about 3-4 weeks Afterall she has the beginnings of a career in the bag already.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    The thing with Carrie is that she doesn't NEED American Idol. She'll have a career in country music. In fact, Garth Brooks has called her - told her he'll connect her with his folks if she doesn't make it to the end of American Idol.
    If that is true then good for Carrie. She has others in the business that recognize her talent other than Simon. And I bet Garth Brooks didn't put a "no nostril flaring" stipulation on his offer either.

Quote Originally Posted by alyourpal
    I am sorry, she is just nothing special. She is pretty....and can mimic a country song.

Maybe she could be a model, instead.

GOOD GRACIOUS WHY DIDN'T SHE TRY OUT FOR NASHVILLE STAR??????
    If you listen to radio at all you will hear Shania Twain, LeeAnn Rimes, Faith Hill & other country stars much more often on the pop stations than you will ever hear Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, or Clay on the country stations. My point is that Country is much more of a crossover medium that Pop. Not that any of the artists are better or worse than others, just that there is more of an audience for country crossover stars than pure straight up pop or R&B artists.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    If you listen to radio at all you will hear Shania Twain, LeeAnn Rimes, Faith Hill & other country stars much more often on the pop stations than you will ever hear Kelly, Ruben, Fantasia, or Clay on the country stations. My point is that Country is much more of a crossover medium that Pop. Not that any of the artists are better or worse than others, just that there is more of an audience for country crossover stars than pure straight up pop or R&B artists.

What you hear on pop stations depends on where you live. Just look to national radio playlists to back that one up.

Like the pop station in rural OH will play country stars, but the pop station in Columbus or Cleveland plays R&B/Rap cross-over stars.

+ Reply to Thread