+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

There is something going on behind the scenes with Carrie & it should be very interesting to see what is coming down the pipe. She just blogged this little teaser on her fan club site:

I have some great news to let you all know about very soon. I'm dying to tell you all, but, alas, I have to wait until I get the OK from some other parties before I blab! But, rest assured, it's BIG and it's GREAT! I know, I'm such a tease! he he!!!

She has always kept in touch & remained friends with Lindsey Cardinale, & this is from Lindsey.

I am so excited for Carrie and can't wait you will be too!! Ha!

Carries Winter with Little Big Town as the opener kicks off tonight in Cleveland. After this segment is done that will make 157 concerts this year, not counting special appearances. Go see her if you have a chance & she is going to be near you.

September 23, 2008-Cleveland, OH Wolstein Center at Cleveland State University (CR Tour with LBT)
    September 24, 2008-Highland Heights, KY Bank of Kentucky Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    September 25, 2008- Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    September 27, 2008-Grand Forks, ND Ralph Engelstad Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    September 28, 2008- Sioux City, IA Tyson Events Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    September 30, 2008- Topeka, KS Landon Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 2, 2008- Champaign, IL Assembly Hall @ University of Illinois (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 3, 2008- Hoffman Estates, IL Sears Centre (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 4, 2008- Detroit, MI Joe Louis Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 6, 2008- London, Ontario CANADA John Labatt Centre (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 7, 2008- Toronto, Ontario CANADA Air Canada Centre (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 10, 2008- St. John, NB CANADA Harbour Station (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 11, 2008- Moncton, NB CANADA Moncton Coliseum (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 12, 2008- Halifax, NS CANADA Halifax MetroCentre (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 14, 2008- Portland, ME Cumberland County Civic Centre (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 15, 2008-Boston, MA Agganis Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 16, 2008- Kingston, RI Ryan Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 18, 2008-Syracuse, NY OnCenter at War Memorial (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 19, 2008-Philadelphia, PA Liacouras Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 21, 2008-Binghamton, NY (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 23, 2008- Hampton, VA Hampton Coliseum (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 24, 2008-Winston-Salem, NC LJVM Coliseum (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 26, 2008- Southaven, MS DeSoto Civic Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 27, 2008- Jonesboro, AR ASU Convocation Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 29, 2009- Tulsa, OK BOK Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 30, 2008- Grand Prairie, TX Nokia Theatre (CR Tour with LBT)
    October 31, 2008-Austin, TX (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 1, 2008- Houston, TX Reliant Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 3, 2008- Las Cruces, NM Pan American Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 5, 2008- Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 7, 2008- Glendale, AZ Jobing.com Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 8, 2008- San Diego, CA San Diego Sports Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 9, 2008-Ontario, CA- (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 14, 2008-Bakersfield, CA Rabobank Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 15, 2008- Oakland, CA Oracle Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 17, 2008- Portland, OR Rose Garden (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 19, 2008- Salt Lake City, UT E Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 21, 2008- Missoula, MT Adams Center (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 22, 2008- Billings, MT Rimrock Auto Arena at MetraPark (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 24, 2008- Lethbridge, AB CANADA Enmax Centre (CR Tour with LBT)
    November 25, 2008-Edmonton, AB CANADA Rexall Place (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 1, 2008-Regina, SK CANADA Brandt Centre (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 2, 2008- Winnipeg, CANADA MTS Centre (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 4, 2008- Madison, WI Alliant Energy Center Memorial Coliseum (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 5, 2008-St. Louis, MO Chaifetz Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 7, 2008- Nashville, TN Sommet Cener (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 8, 2008- Chattanooga, TN UTC McKenzie Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 9, 2008- Tupelo, MS BankcorpSouth Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 12, 2008-Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 13, 2008- Orlando, FL UCF Arena (CR Tour with LBT)
    December 14, 2008- Gainesville, FL Stephen Connell Center (CR Tour with LBT)

I misspoke in the above post. Actually Carrie has already done 137 concerts so these added dates will push the total to close to 200 for the year. So far this year she has played to more than 700,000, so she will easily pass the million mark before the end of the year.

From the Cleveland show last night:

Here is the cover & title info for the Elvis Christmas duets album.

Track Listings
    1. Blue Christmas Elvis Presley & Martina McBride
    2. I'll Be Home For Christmas Elvis Presley & Carrie Underwood
    3. Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) Elvis Presley & LeAnn Rimes
    4. Santa Claus Is Back In Town Elvis Presley & Wynonna Judd 5.Silent Night Elvis Presley & Sara Evans
    5. White Christmas Elvis Presley & Amy Grant
    6. Merry Christmas Baby Elvis Presley & Gretchen Wilson
    7. O Little Town Of Bethlehem Elvis Presley & Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman of Little Big Town
    8. Silver Bells Elvis Presley & Anne Murray
    9. O Come, All Ye Faithful Elvis Presley & Olivia Newton-John
    10. The First Noel (2008)
    11. If I Get Home On Christmas Day (2008)
    12. Winter Wonderland (2008)

A really nice review for Carrie from her show in Iowa.

Sioux City Journal: Underwood's an American Idol, and so much more

Underwood's an American Idol, and so much more

By Bruce R. Miller, Journal staff writer

Carrie Underwood would have been a star without "American Idol." The series just accelerated the process.

At her concert at the Tyson Events Center Sunday night, the multi-award-winning singer showed she has the pipes to join Reba, Faith and Martina in that very select circle of mega-talents.

The stage was set, too, to annoint her America's Next Top Singer. Looking a bit like a fashion show runway, it enabled Underwood to model several outfits (including a pair of denim hot pants), work the crowd and display those fierce pipes.

She checked off her catalog of hits, teetered on some very high heels and had a torch song segment that looked a bit like she was Evita singing to the masses. In the segment: "Jesus Take the Wheel," the song that brought her more Best Newcomer awards than anyone could count.

Underwood's voice was so crystal clear on just about everything it's a miracle she's able to perform night after night after night. Her songs don't just have catchy melodies. They've got wicked falsetto parts that she hit with amazing consistency.

Although Underwood didn't dance much (she's more Martina than you'd think), she did get the benefit of lighting design that came perilously close to bonking her on the head. The lighting trusses came oh-so-close to the stage and helped provide plenty of energy.

Early on, Underwood took a 4-year-old out of the audience and had her help sing "All-American Girl"; she also coined a term -- "Nebriowans" -- to refer to the fans who came to see her.

The show was extremely well-crafted. It had all of the big hits ("I Don't Even Know His Last Name" was particularly good) and ones from her latest CD. It featured plenty of videos (including a visit to her hometown) and that ever-changing fashion show. When she walked the runway in a tight sequined dress, she admitted, "I've got shorts on underneath this. It's OK."

She did a good acoustic set (showing she's able to play guitar) and she took full advantage of a band that included a fine fiddler, a great back-up singer and a strong, strong drummer.

Little Big Town moved up a notch, too, since its last visit to Sioux City. The quartet had great fun with a couple of new songs ("The Good Lord Willing and the Creek Don't Rise" was introduced Sunday) and scored with "Life in a Northern Town" and "Boondocks." Jimi Westbrook milked the opening to "Boondocks" and got the appropriate response. The song was one of the night's best.

Still, it's hard to beat anything Underwood did. She's a singer who's already at such a high level it'll be interesting to see how she's going to top herself.

She's an American Idol, yes, but so, so much more. Sunday, she demonstrated why the awards shouldn't stop coming any time soon.

Carrie is going to be all over the music slots in your favorite stores in the next two months.

First she is re-releasing Carnival Ride on Oct. 21, as a Wal Mart exclusive & it will include a second CD of Christmas Music. Most of her fans have been clamoring for a Christmas CD so this is pretty cool stuff.

And secondly there is this…

Ten of her hits have been made into lullabies for the upcoming release of the next installment in the Hushabye Baby series. Lullaby Renditions of Carrie will be released on November 18th.

The track listing is as follows:
    1. So Small
    2. Jesus Take the Wheel
    3. Don't Forget to Remember Me
    4. Some Hearts
    5. All-American Girl
    6. Crazy Dreams
    7. I'll Stand By You
    8. Before He Cheats
    9. Flat on the Floor
    10. Lessons Learned

Other upcoming releases in the Hushabye Baby series are Lullaby Renditions of Johnny Cash on November 4th and Lullaby Renditions of George Strait on November 18th.
    The music of Patsy Cline, Rascal Flatts and Vince Gill are on deck for future Hushabye Baby CDs.

For something really special click the link below & hear the ladies talk about their duest with Elvis on the Christmas album. Then watch them in the studio for some examples. Carrie really sounds wonderful.

Facts about Elvis - Elvis Presley's life - Elvis news

Now we know what Carries big surprise was & why she had to wait to announce it to us. Carrie & Brad have such great chemistry together, this should be really good.

Underwood, Paisley will serve as hosts of CMA Awards | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Carrie CMA Performance Confirmed; CMA Head on Carrie and Brad

Underwood, Paisley will serve as hosts of CMA Awards
    By BEVERLY KEEL • October 2, 2008

The reigning CMA Male and Female Vocalists of the Year, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, will host the Country Music Association Awards on Nov. 12 at Sommet Center. ABC will air the show live beginning at 7 p.m.

CMA chief Tammy Genovese said, "In addition to their musical talent, Brad's quick wit and Carrie's gracefulness will serve them well in this role. CMA is happy to offer both of them their first opportunity to host a nationally televised network awards show. "

They will also perform on the show, as will Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, Sugarland, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

That's sooo awesome for Carrie! I'm sure she will do great!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread