+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Carrie seems to be getting some backing for Entertainer of theYear from a lot of sources. Should be interesting to see if she gets nominated.

Wednesday Discussion: CMA Entertainer, 2008 Country Universe

Kenny Chesney. Keith Urban. Alan Jackson. Tim McGraw. Dixie Chicks. Shania Twain. Garth Brooks.

Those are the seven acts that have been deemed worthy of CMA’s Entertainer of the Year trophy in the past ten years.

It’s their most prestigious award, the one that caps off the night, and while the ACM has always put a high premium on big ticket sales, the CMA has honored some acts in this category who elevate the industry with their talent. Vince Gill’s two wins are the best representation of this trend. The Urban and Jackson victories are the most recent.

So when I pick the five acts that I’d like to see nominated, I’m choosing those who are firing on all cylinders right now: commercial success, artistic achievement and representation of the genre as a whole. Ideally, the entertainer of the year should be an ambassador of the format, and I think that the following five acts have that perfect combination of integrity and visibility this year.

Kenny Chesney
    Three-time winner and reigning champion. The past year brought a handful of strong singles, most notably “Don’t Blink” and “Better as a Memory.” There isn’t anybody else on the scene who’s selling tickets like him. There’s no denying he’s the king of the road, and he’s held that title for a longer stretch than any artist since Garth Brooks.

Brad Paisley
    Another great year at radio is nothing new for Paisley, who has been a mainstay on the dial for almost a decade. But as a ticket draw, he’s brought it to a new level, headlining major venues across the country. He’s widely seen as an artist as well, with that credibility only being heightened by his instrumental prowess. Earlier this year, he won his first Grammy, and it was for his instrumental work, which will also be highlighted on his upcoming CD Play.

George Strait
    He’s been so consistently good for so long, it’s easy to overlook when he kicks things into a higher gear. It’s as if his Hall of Fame induction rejuvenated him, and he’s been making better music because of it. He sells tons of tickets whenever he decides to play, and his new album has been a top seller.

Sugarland
    The only duos in history to be nominated for this award are the Judds and Brooks & Dunn. This year, Sugarland should become the third. Their live show is notoriously awesome, they’ve posted huge numbers at radio and retail, and the critical reception for their new album has been overwhelmingly positive.

Carrie Underwood
    The airplay stats, record and ticket sales speak for themselves, but her impact is larger than those already impressive numbers. She is the genre’s best ambassador right now to the world outside of country music. She maintains the interest of her younger fanbase without pandering to it, and crafts music that is still appealing to adults. She’s as much in her element paying tribute to Eddy Arnold as she is covering a George Michael social justice anthem. She doesn’t just deserve to be the first female solo artist to be nominated in eight years; she deserves to win.

Here are a couple behind the scenes shots from Allure Magazine.

Carrie joins in!

Lifeline Live Blog: Entertainment News & Rumors - USATODAY.com

Music superstars collaborate for cancer benefit and other notes

Mariah Carey, Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, Fergie, Sheryl Crow, Miley Cyrus, Melissa Etheridge, Ashanti, Natasha Bedingfield, Keyshia Cole, Ciara, Leona Lewis, LeAnn Rimes and Carrie Underwood are collaborating on the single Just Stand Up for the Stand Up to Cancer campaign. The song, which reunites producers Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and Antonio “L.A.” Reid, may be purchased at iTunes starting Sept. 2 and will be performed during Sept. 5 the Stand Up to Cancer special (ABC, CBS, NBC; 8 p.m. ET/PT). ...

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Beware: Rant ahead... Crap. Carrie said in a magazine interview that Tony Romo still calls her and sometimes she just lets him go to voice mail... then Jessica Simpson has to say that it's not true and that she and Tony Romo just laughed when they read what Carrie said...

I wish with all my heart that Carrie would distance herself from all of this. She has too much class to be mentioned in the same breath with Jessica.

And it's too bad that Jessica is so insecure that she has to comment at all. If all was really okay with her world and she was confident with that, she would just laugh inwardly and not need to say anything.

And Tony Romo is just an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3174058;
    Beware: Rant ahead... Crap. Carrie said in a magazine interview that Tony Romo still calls her and sometimes she just lets him go to voice mail... then Jessica Simpson has to say that it's not true and that she and Tony Romo just laughed when they read what Carrie said...

I wish with all my heart that Carrie would distance herself from all of this. She has too much class to be mentioned in the same breath with Jessica.

And it's too bad that Jessica is so insecure that she has to comment at all. If all was really okay with her world and she was confident with that, she would just laugh inwardly and not need to say anything.

And Tony Romo is just an ass.

The real rub from this whole thing, & believe me in the world of Carrie fans Jessica has become a big issue, is that the magazine is brand new on the shelves but the article & interview itself was written May 9th. During this time it was well known that Jessica & Tony were on the outs & Tony was indeed calling Carrie. So the quotes are correct, the whole article is taken out of context by about 4 months. As many times as Jessica has appeared in magazine interviews, she has to know this stuff, but then she is trying everything possible to get her name attached to Carrie for a bit of publicity prior to the release of her first Country album.

Jessica has been quoted as calling Carrie a liar & a phony & laughiing at her in interview after interview. But, to her credit Carrie has left it alone. This isn't the first time Jessica has taken on Carrie either. The first time was when she wore the Real Women Eat Meat T-shirt to a public event & then claimed that she wasn't aware Carrie is a vegetarian. Once again Carrie didn't respond. But, I wonder how long that is going to continue.

Jessica has made a huge mistake in tactics for someone trying to make entre into the Country Music world. Believe me when I tell you that she has pissed off what could be the biggest fan base in Country Music & they aren't going to be taking it lightly. It's going to be very interesting to see how it effects her in the future. She has already been booed at a show in Wisconsin & that was before the latest flap.

TMZ covered this last night & asked the question: Is Jessica trying to hitch her broken down wagon to Carries horses? The press is all over this story & Ms. Simpson isn't coming out on top.

For her part, Carrie had to have learned a valuable lesson from all this. She has to keep in mind the time delay between what is said for a magazine & when it will be seen in public. Unfortunately, Carrie has always been so tight lipped & focused & just when she was coming out of her shell a bit, all this happens & it may draw her inwards even more.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 08-23-2008 at 07:37 AM.

When I first read about Carrie in US Magazine, I thought, Carrie, don't even respond to or mention Tony Romo's name, he's not worth the trouble and he's moved on. Forget about him.

I think magazines tend to exaggerate quite a bit. Maybe, about both gals.

Here is a bit of updated info on Carries appearance in Denver in tribute to the U.S. Medal of Honor winners. This is truly a big honor for her.

http://www.medalofhonor2008.org/pdf/...ood.071208.pdf

AMERICAN IDOL WINNER’S CONCERT PAYS TRIBUTE TO
    MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENTS

Denver, CO, July 11 — Country music artist Carrie Underwood will perform a special tribute concert, “A Celebration of Valor” to honor America’s national treasures – the Medal of Honor recipients. The concert, produced by AEGLive, will be held at the Pepsi Center on Tuesday,September 16 as the kick-off event of the 2008 convention of the Medal of Honor Society. The convention will be held September 16 – 20 in Denver. In addition to the Medal of Honor recipients, over 3,000 active military from around the state will be
    invited to attend.

Underwood, 25, won Season 4 of the popular TV series, “American Idol” in 2005. Her first release, “Some Hearts,” is the leading American Idol album to date, having sold more than six million copies in the U.S. alone. It has been the best-selling record by a female country music star for three years running.
    Underwood has two Grammys to her credit, as well as trophies from the Academyof Country Music, Country Music Association, People’s Choice, and the American Music Awards.

She headed a USO tour during the 2007 Holiday Season and performed for U.S.
    troops in Kuwait and Iraq. Recently, she was inducted as a member of Grand Old Opry.Tickets will go on sale July 28, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. Please visit aeglive.comfor ticket information.

Established by an act of Congress in 1862, the Medal of Honor is the highest
    award for valor in action to be bestowed upon a member of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Awarded by Congress and usually presented by the President in a White House ceremony,the Medal is without equal in its prestige and reverence. Of the 3,448 recipients to have received it, 103 are still alive. More than 50 recipients are expected to attend the Denver convention. At least five of the honorees have Colorado ties.

In addition to the Underwood concert, the Denver convention will feature the
    Patriot Award Gala on September 19 where award-winning Hollywood actor, director,and producer Clint Eastwood will accept the Bob Hope Award for Excellence in Entertainment.

The Bob Hope Award is presented to Americans who have favorably
    portrayed the United States military, either in film or literature, and who have
    distinguished themselves in the entertainment world.
    The Hope Award is one of a number to have been created nearly 40 years ago bythe Congressional Medal of Honor Society to honor individuals who exemplify patriotism and altruism.

The Society has instituted three other awards that will be presented during the
    ceremonies – The Patriot Award, the John Reagan “Tex” McCrary Award for Excellence in Journalism and Distinguished Citizen Award. Recipients of the 2008 awards in those categories are yet to be announced. For more information, visit Medal of Honor Convention 2008 - Denver, Colorado

Another honor for Carrie, happening this weekend. Cool stuff.

NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com | Honoring Carrie Underwood

Honoring Carrie Underwood

Northeastern State University in Tahlequah will be holding to a tribute to one of its former students on Friday.
    The Centennial Countdown Tribute to Carrie Underwood will be taking place on Beta Field Friday starting at 6 p.m.
    The tribute will feature NSU Downtown Country and is free to the public.

A reliable source has told the News On 6, Carrie Underwood plans to attend the event.

Checotah native, Carrie Underwood was the winner of the "American Idol" fourth-season competition.

Carrie's scheduled to appear at the Republican convention next week.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread