+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Carrie Underwood

I haven't seen it on TV yet but YouTube has it up......that is hilarious!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Oooh, I saw it yesterday! She sang "So Small" and it was to a tiny lil horse. Lucky horse.
    2003-2008.

Both Some Hearts & Carnival Ride are finally getting a widespread release in the UK on July 7th. It's about time you "late to the party" Brits. Buy them, enjoy them....

Enrico over at Carriefans.com took the time & put forth the effort to plot Carries concert appearances on a map. These include everything after the Kenny Chesney shows in early 2006 right through the end of theis year. Lot's of work. I thought it was interesting.

Just a Dream now has an official adds date of July 21. They waited for that date, because now the song will be eligible for Song of the Year honors at the 2009 CMA'S. I have a feeling though that radio will begin to play it on an increasing basis pretty soon. Should be interesting to see how the public accepts the song. It is one of those heart wrenchers.

Anybody have Sirius Radio. Seems as though they have a Carrie weekend lined up for you.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Country Music Radio – Listen to Country Music Hits on Sirius Satellite Radio – New Country

The Carrie Underwood All American Girl Weekend
    Thurs 7/3 - Sun 7/6
    Celebrate your 4th of July weekend with The Carrie Underwood All American Girl Weekend on New Country. Carrie visited the New Country studios on Music Row for an exclusive interview to personally introduce every song from her debut CD, Some Hearts, and her current CD, Carnival Ride. Every hour all weekend, you’ll hear Carrie’s stories about the creation of her songs and the way they make her feel when she performs them. Plus you’ll hear Carrie talk about and play her favorite songs from other New Country artists. From winning American Idol to the cover of Cosmo to seven #1 singles in a row, Carrie is living the American dream and this weekend, she lives it on SIRIUS. Beginning Thursday, July 3rd at 5 pm ET through Sunday, July 6th at 11 pm ET.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I'll be on the road this weekend - guess I'll take a listen!

Carrie & Keith Urban did a stadium show for Walmart stockholders in June. This is from that show.

A really nice compliment from the original artist.

WISCONSIN STATE JOURNAL

Alesia: He's Bach - ex-Skid Row frontman still young at heart
    TOM ALESIA

By age 21, singer Sebastian Bach fronted the hair-metal band Skid Row, sold millions of albums and enjoyed ample fame, debauchery and money. Skid Row's success was quickly crushed by grunge rock, but the band continued — though it parted ways with Bach, now 40, whose angelic looks and soaring vocals gave him a broad-based solo career...

He raves about his Broadway experiences, having starred in "Jekyll & Hyde," and hints at more theatrical roles. He praises Guitar Hero for helping bring Skid Row hits to a new generation. And he marvels that country star Carrie Underwood covered Skid Row's biggest hit, "I Remember You," in concert throughout 2007.

"It's on YouTube. You gotta see it, dude. It's incredible," he says. "She's perfect."

Lot’s of news coming from International sources this weekend. First are reviews of her albums finally being released in the UK (both are given 3 of 5 stars). That is followed up by an article from down under & how they are trying to get Carrie down there for a tour.

Music - Album Review - Carrie Underwood: 'Some Hearts' / 'Carnival Ride' - Digital Spy

Carrie Underwood: 'Some Hearts' / 'Carnival Ride'
    Released on Monday, July 7 2008
    By Nick Levine, Music Editor

Unless you're an American Idol aficionado, Carrie Underwood is probably the biggest star you've never heard of. In May 2005 this blonde, pretty 22-year-old from the small town of Checotah, Oklahoma won the fourth season of the world's biggest talent show, beating a hairy Southern rocker called Bo Bice in the final. She hasn't looked back since, selling eleven million albums, nabbing a trio of Grammys and placing a succession of well-constructed, honestly-sung country-pop songs on various US charts.

Now, nearly two-and-a-half years after her debut came out in the States, Carrie Underwood's two studio albums are being released in the UK. Fanfare is conspicuous in its absence, but you can't blame Underwood's label, Sony BMG, and manager, Simon Fuller, for keeping things low-key. Country superstars whose names aren't Dolly or Shania don't tend to do very well on these shores; neither is the American Idol tag any guarantee of UK chart success - just ask Chris Daughtry.

With the right sort of push, however, Underwood's music could find an audience over here - even if her some of her songs are a little dry and righteous for British tastes. Her 2005 debut, Some Hearts, is equal parts soft rock and country, with its mandolin and fiddle sounds often being drowned out by surging guitars and drivetime drums. The songs are anthemic and perfect for long, lonely car journeys, blessed with big choruses and bittersweet lyrics that anyone can sing along to, but they're also a bit old-fashioned. The title track, written by Diane 'Queen of Power Ballads' Warren, could have been sung by Belinda Carlisle 20 years ago.

Carnival Ride, released in the US last October, sounds a little more country, but otherwise it doesn't mess with the Some Hearts formula. Truth be told, Underwood's second effort doesn't feature as many top-notch choruses as her debut, but there's a greater sense of fun, particularly on the rip-roaring 'Last Name', a tale of a boozy one night stand, and 'The More Boys I Meet', which features the brilliantly dumb couplet: "The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog."

Solid rather than sensational these albums may be, but Underwood is consistently impressive. She has just as strong a voice as her fellow Idol alumnus Kelly Clarkson - check out the money notes on 'Wasted' from Some Hearts and 'Just A Dream' from Carnival Ride - and she really tears into these straightforward, often rather sappy songs about leaving home, learning life lessons, breaking up, following your dreams and keying your cheating boyfriend's four-wheel drive.

She's modest and likable too. When Underwood sings that she'd "rather be tippin' cows in Tulsa than hailin' cabs in New York City" on 'I Ain't In Checotah Anymore' from Some Hearts, only the most hardened cynic would doubt her. Whatever happens in the UK, these albums offer ample evidence why Carrie Underwood is one of only two American Idol winners to have translated the show's jaw-dropping ratings into something approaching jaw-dropping record sales.

US Idol Down-Underwood | The Daily Telegraph

US Idol Down-Underwood
    By Jonathon Moran
    July 06, 2008 12:00am
    AMERICAN Idol's most successful graduate, Carrie Underwood, is being enticed to Australia by her locally based record label, Sony BMG, which has been desperate to bring the stunning blonde country singer to our shores since she won the fourth US Idol series in 2005.
    Underwood has sold more than 10 million copies of her two albums and won three Grammy Awards.
    Given the singer's massive success, Underwood has simply been too busy to focus on any markets other than that of the US.
    She has yet to take off seriously in Australia, although she certainly has a strong fan base.
    "We're committed to breaking her in Australia,'' said Sony BMG Australia chief Denis Handlin.
    "We're working on getting her to Australia for a promo tour as soon as her schedule permits and for a full tour following the promotional visit.''
    Underwood, 25, who has been romantically linked to Gossip Girl's Chace Crawford, is no stranger to Australians.
    She has spent the past few months on the road with Keith Urban, and also performed Guy Sebastian's song Angels Brought Me Here during the American Idol series finale

+ Reply to Thread