+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 420 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeHottie69
    You mention a strong performer from last year. Who would that be. No one had sold a million records. Diana travels the world singing EMOTIONAL and Fantasia hasn't left her room. I haven't seen her anywhere besides BET and then AI will try to help her. I read that she will be on this weeks show.

You say that carrie doesn't have what the judges are looking for. The judges have told her that "She would win & sell the most records." "She is the one to beat"

I never said she doesn't have what the judges are looking for. I personally love Carrie, I was just trying to maybe explore her naysayers' point of view.. :p

And Simon called Fantasia the best performer ever.. Is where I got that from.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I'm part of the general public who never watched Reuben's AI. I know him only from headshots I've seen later. But I'm assuming he wasn't much because he sure doesn't seem to have been able to use AI as a platform to become a recording star, has he? I've never heard a song sung by him aired on the radio.
    Ruben is a multi-platinum selling artist, has appeared on TV many times (including President Bush's Christmas and inauguration concerts) and sung in a top-selling movie (Scooby).

While Ruben has been very successful as a recording artist, neither he (nor Clay nor Fantasia) has gotten much Top 40 radio airplay. Only Kelly has gotten that kind of publicity, and I think Simon expects that Carrie would get it too. I don't know whether that's true.

I really liked Carrie's performance last week. She sang the song very well. I was impressed. And it was the first time she seemed to be able to inject a little warmth and feeling into a song. I still think she needs to convey more of the emotional stuff to have a chance of beating Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeHottie69
    How do we know that her popularity is falling? The judges still brag about her. Every song she sangs get downloaded more from the internet then any other.

I would love to see the info showing she is falling.

Yeah, I don't think her popularity is fading at all. Also, the best thing to happen to Carrie was Jessica getting voted off. My guess is that Carrie will get votes from many of the people who were voting for Jessica, or maybe a lot of people were splitting votes between the two blond, country singer girls and will now just vote for Carrie.

Simon's comments to Carrie about being the winner and biggest seller from AI, etc. give her a big advantage, too. Simon doesn't want to look like an idiot for making that statement, so he is going to continue to support her.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    While Ruben has been very successful as a recording artist, neither he (nor Clay nor Fantasia) has gotten much Top 40 radio airplay. Only Kelly has gotten that kind of publicity, and I think Simon expects that Carrie would get it too. I don't know whether that's true.
    Country singers can sell a ton of records even if they don't become crossover "pop" stars, and a ton more if they do. I think Simon looks at Carrie and sees dollar signs.

As a performer, she's pretty raw. But she's got the voice and the look, and those things are the hardest to come by.

She bothers me. And she flares her nostrils and when she sings. If you don't beleive me, watch for it.

The one thing that I would really like her to do is to drop the dumb, naive farm girl schtick. I grew up on a farm, in the '60s no less, and even at my most naive, Carrie has me beat. IMO, it just comes across as fake and that turns me off. Also, IMO, she displays no sense of the emotion of the song when she's singing. It's technically a good performance, but there's no "heart" to it to engage me. I felt the same way about LaToya last year.
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre
    He phrased lyrics in such a way that you absolutely felt them along with him, in my opinion. ... I'm not looking for people charging around the stage. I'm looking for people who make me *feel* a song. ... That's a key part of performing that I think Carrie is currently missing also.
    I can't see comparing Carrie to Reuben. Carrie has a good singing voice and not much stage presence. Even though Reuben didn't move around, he had more stage presence, but not such a good voice. In fact, he had a voice that caused me to leave the room for a snack break when he was singing. Carrie needs some coaching and some maturing. I think it would be a disservice to her to win, unless she grows with the competition, and I haven't seen much of that yet from her.

FORT Fan
    I personally think Carrie is fine. She's a high attractive girl with a strong voice.

She is stiff? Watch the music videos of other artists. They don't seem to be shaking their faces in contortions to "express" something. Why should Carrie be any different.

A little makeup, audio backup, sets and Carrie will look as great as Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge. Saw that movie? Nicole sang pretty well, i thought.

Simon was on Oprah today and was still singing the praises of Carrie. Me thinks regardless of how well she does, he'll sign her anyways.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I am sorry, she is just nothing special. She is pretty....and can mimic a country song.

Maybe she could be a model, instead.

GOOD GRACIOUS WHY DIDN'T SHE TRY OUT FOR NASHVILLE STAR??????

+ Reply to Thread