+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 426 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

i think she's a sweet girl with a very good voice. i was impressed by her from her initial audition. i think she'll go far, but won't really know until i hear her sing in the selected weekly genres. we'll have to see if she can step out of her country background comfortably. that being said, i definitely think she has a future in music if she wants it, but agree... with her ability to sing and play instruments, a better fit might have been nashville star.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    with her ability to sing and play instruments, a better fit might have been nashville star.
    I thought the same thing.

I think this may be the wrong show for her.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBase
    great voice! i love that she brings the country element to the competition this season. josh gracin was just a disgrace, IMO. when she belted out that Martina song, i about had a heart attack. she came with the big guns and she came to win this. she's going to do well
    Unfortunately, the "big guns" she came with aren't always the best guns.

I like her, but I see her choking early.

FORT Newbie
    If Simon's previous fave was Fantasia, there is no doubt that his current fave is Carrie. Why ? I don't know. He strikes me as someone who never liked country music. But Carrie is one of the more "normal" folks in the group who reacts in a reasonable way. She's just refreshingly conventional and a regular girl who does not freak out, over-react, scream or do any of those hysterical stuff that makes for TV dramatics. Maybe Simon likes that.

Simon PUBLICLY in a separate interview already said he believes she'll go far and you know how his opinions influence the voting public ( they generally go with him even when they hate his guts).

From what I've heard from her so far, she does have that Martina Mcbride feel to her. I just wonder what she'll do when they have Motown and Disco nights.. will she end up as hopelessly lost as Josh Gracin was ?

But if she ever reprises the song INDEPENDENCE DAY and sings it like the tour de force Martina Mcbride did in her album, she can have 2 off nights and the public will not forget this one performance. Whatever happens, she'll have a recording contract in the RED STATE. The people who voted for Bush in 2004 are sure to vote for her ( as long as she does not say publicly that she likes the Dixie Chicks. Reba Mcintire would be OK ).

Look at her and look at the picture of actress Reese Witherspoon and you begin to see a resemblance. That can't hurt either.

i think simon likes her because she has a good voice and her look is very marketable. this season he seemed to have put through a group of 24 who are a lot more marketable (as a whole... i'm not focusing on that big serial killer looking guy) than in the past 2 seasons.

I personally don't like her that much, but I can't deny that she will probably go far in the competition. ~not being Vonzell of course. =P~
    You're a bad mother... shut your mouth! ^^

I really like Carrie's voice, but something about her seems very mainstream/run-of-the-mill. I typically root for the contestants with a little more edge -- either in their voice or personality. I bet she will go far, deservedly, but she doesn't stand out to me as much as Vonzell.

FORT Fogey
    Simon said, on Ellen, that a reason he liked Carrie is that she is genuine. He did not declare her as his favorite. I came away with the impression that she had impressed him the most, SO FAR.

Being genuine is the key even if we, the viewers, do not identify that characteristic. All of the previous winners plus Clay have been compelling with their authenticity. Once you get down in numbers it is not about staying on pitch; it is who touches you.

Wholesome. Country. Not a description of a CD I want to buy.

She's a cute girl with a good voice, but she's not exciting to me.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    Simon said, on Ellen, that a reason he liked Carrie is that she is genuine. He did not declare her as his favorite. I came away with the impression that she had impressed him the most, SO FAR.

Being genuine is the key even if we, the viewers, do not identify that characteristic. All of the previous winners plus Clay have been compelling with their authenticity. Once you get down in numbers it is not about staying on pitch; it is who touches you.
    I was channel surfing just a few hours ago when I stumbled upon Simon predicting that Carrie would win the competition. Randy predicted that I guy would win it. And of course, Paula didn't have much of anything worthwhile to say.

+ Reply to Thread