+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Howdy, so day 1 is in the books & day 2 is going to be just as fun, but man oh man is it hot here. Last night the stadium performers all put on a good show, but Jewel was a bit of a disappointment. Montgomery Gentry kicked it off as only they can, rockin & tearin it up. Kellie Pickler followed & she has really come a long ways as a performer, she was very good. The special unannounced guest last night was Rascal Flatts who were better than I expected. Taylor Swift followed & she was very entertaining. While she is a fine song writer, the poor girl just cannot sing live. They try all kinds of stunts to divert your attention away from that fact, but she struggles immensly with her vocals (the young un's love her though). The same can't be said of Jennifer Nettles though she just takes command of the stage & rules the roost. Sugarland finished the night on a major high note.

Some of the highlights today, Julie Roberts, Neil McCoy, Megan Mullins (one incredibly talented musician if you have never heard of her try her myspace page or something), Jake Owen, Chris Young (Nashville Star Winner), The Lost Trailers, Lonestar, Eric Church (highly overlooked, give his album Sinners Like Me a listen & you'll see what I mean), Ashton Shepard & The Road Hammers.

Carrie takes the stage tonight along with Jack Ingram, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Josh Turner & Faith Hill. Rumors are pretty strong that Keith Urban will be the surprise tonight. Keith & Carrie did a stadium show last night in Fayetteville Ark. for the WalMArt stockholder so they are traveling together.

Sorry about the camera, or lack thereof. I had good intentions, but the IRS had other uses for my money this year, all $4,500 of it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3041607;
    Sorry about the camera, or lack thereof. I had good intentions, but the IRS had other uses for my money this year, all $4,500 of it.
    OUCH!

Want more details on the festival/fair.

love megan mullins, eric church and lady ant. also like some of neil mccoy...only because he's half filipino
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Day 2 is in the books & the stages last night it was one for the ladies of Country music. Jack Ingram, Josh Turner & Lady Antebellum were good, but the night belonged to Miranda Lambert & Carrie. Faith Hill was good as well, she looked great & sounded great, but there was just something amiss. It was almost like every move & every gesture was planned, it all seemed so contrived to me. But, as I said, Miranda & Carrie just tore it up last night. Both of these ladies had very high octane sets & the fans loved them both. When Carrie hit the stage the whole place was on their feet from the time she began, until the time she left. Security had their hands full trying to keep people out of the aisles as they were rushing towards the front to get better photos. And then to close the show there was Keith Urban, as expected he was the surprise guest & he left nothing to be desired. I can't imagine why he isn't the entertainer of the year. He is just phenomenal both as an entertainer & as a musician.

Some of today's highlights: Joe Nichols, Mel Tillis, Jimmy Wayne, Jamey Johnson, Bo Bice, Whiskey Falls, Mark Wills, Trent Willmon, Daryl Worley, Michael Martin Murphy & Ray Scott.

On the big stage tonight: Craig Morgan, Little Big Town, Rodney Atkins, Trace Adkins, Alan Jackson & Kenny Rogers.

Now it's off to the convention center to watch the madness as Carrie enters the building to sign autographs & take pictures with the fans. I know some of you may think I exagerate this stuff, but it is absolutely unbelievable the way the fans are attracted to her. It is almost like the Beatles hitting NYC in 1964. You truly have to see it to believe it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Hopefully you will get to see Bo today razor..... (as I shamelessly hint at wanting details about him and his performance!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The marathon is in the final stretches. Yesterday was good, but steaming hot. And yes, BB I did see Bo. He did a 4 song set & his worst song was Witness, I'm not sure why he chose that as a single, the other songs were much better. By the way, he is rather small.

This morning on the Riverfront is mostly the more traditional Country like Con Hunley, Mel McDaniel, Bill Anderson, Lane Brody & The OAk Ridge Boys. Some of the other acts this afternoon will be Jamie O'Neal, Carolina Rain, Laura Bryna, Ty Herndon, Rissi Palmer & Josh Gracin.

Tonight for the closing night on the big stages are: James Otto, Bucky Covington, Randy Travis, Sara Evans, Billy Ray Cyrus & Dwight Yoakam. Should be a good close.

Just as a follow up to the autograph session yesterday, Carrie signed for 4 hrs. at two different booths & the crowds were just incredible. Funny thing happened though. Carries handlers were putting little kids up on the table for Carrie to talk to & sign autographs for & one little girl in the middle of the conversation reached out & poked Carrie in the nose. It broke everybody up & Carrie about fell out.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Did you manage to snag an autograph razor?

I love Bo's song "Witness" but I agree there are others on his latest CD that might have been a better selection to release as a single. Did the crowd seem to respond well to him?

Ty Herndon is still around? I loved him and always thought he was so hot...IIRC, he got into a little bit of trouble and then just fell off the radar.....

Its nice to see there are quite a few AI'ers that are represented well there.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Just Jared has 35 pics of Carrie at that event, razor! Maybe bama can get some posted elsewhere to link in here.

Unbelieveably, they are still referring to Carrie as the American Idol Season 4 winner! Don't they know that she's won more than 20 awards in the THREE years since then? She's female vocalist of the year and just finished a successful tour with Keith Urban, and they are still referring to her AI days? Hmmmmph. ()

Carrie's FanFest

Carrie Underwood has a meet and greet for fans at the Nashville Convention Centre during Day 3 of the CMA Music Festival in Nashville, Tennessee on Saturday.

The 25-year-old season 4 American Idol winner performed at the CMA Music Festival in an orange number on Friday.

In the July issue of Cosmopolitan, Carrie admits she sometimes is very unladylike, saying, “I burp a lot!”

35+ pictures of Carrie Underwood’s fantastic fans…

eta: More pics of Carrie performing in orange. Gorgeous pics!!!!
    Last edited by Broadway; 06-08-2008 at 11:45 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fanatic

"American Idol Season 4 Winner: Carrie Underwood!!!!"

LOL. don't let this go wayward like the clay thread about how one is introduces, bio, etc....
    if you know what i mean
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

that was my reason for putting it in there. The winkgrin smiley was very important. Heh.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3045379;
    Unbelieveably, they are still referring to Carrie as the American Idol Season 4 winner!
    Unbelievable!!! Those cads!!!!

Just remember, there are no winners and losers in competitions...oh wait, yes there are!

+ Reply to Thread