+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3030106;
    Wow, how gorgeous is Carrie in that Nintendo DS commercial? The one where she's playing with the virtual dog?
    I was watching the Deadliest Catch the other night & Carries commercial aired. It seemd like such an odd placement, but none the less, it's still a nice ad (she sure does love her dog Ace, he's a star now too) . Now I'm looking forward to seeing what the Vitamin Water ads hold in store.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;3030106;
    Wow, how gorgeous is Carrie in that Nintendo DS commercial? The one where she's playing with the virtual dog?
    My daughter wants that DS.. hers is pink, Carrie has one thats metallic, so that makes it all so much better ya know!

Sigh.. marketing!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I believe with the help of John I have finally figured out this whole picture posting thing, so if this works, my good & long time friend bbnbama will be relieved of me, her biggest pest.

Below, (I hope), will be a picture from the party after the ACM Awards show. There are the folks I can definitely pick out. Maybe you can fill in the blanks

Front Row: Miranda Lambert, Reba McIntyre, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Joe Galante, Kellie Pickler & Kelly Clarkson

Middle Row: Kix Brooks, Ronnie Dunn, Keith Anderson, Carrie Underwood, & the rest are just too small to be able to identify.

Back Row: The only two I recognize are Billy Ray Cyrus & Blake Shelton.

Everybody has been speculating on exactly which day Carrie will be signing autographs at the CMA Music Fest next week . They are keeping it pretty quiet. We know Tues. is the Fan Club Party, Wed. is the Celebrity Charity softball game, Friday is her appearance on the big stage & Sunday she has a concert in Missouri. So that narrows it down to Th. or Sun. Then somebody found this, which no one had previously heard anything about:

Tuned In Blog Archive Invading Fayetteville next week, musically speaking …

During the Wal-Mart Shareholders’ Meeting, which officially takes place June 5-6, the fair city of Fayetteville is invaded by thousands of employees from around the globe and other well-connected Wal-Martians.
    To help accommodate and entertain the influx of visitors, Wal-Mart, they of infinite financial resources, always brings in a few concerts during Shareholders’ week.
    Here is your first look at who the performers are expected to be. Wal-Mart has confirmed, via a telephone conversation, the June 5 acts: Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and Juan Luis Guerra. All other performer’s names have been provided through a source. None of the performers on that list have a gig elsewhere on the date in question that would prevent them from a gig in Northwest Arkansas

Here is another tidbit worth knowing: the concerts appear to be open to the public. “Invited field associates” get first access to the shows, followed by NWA Wal-Mart associates (who are permitted to bring two guests) and then, if there is any space available, the general public will be permitted.

June 5 (Thursday)
    Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban, Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium
    Venue entrance: 6:30 p.m. field associates/6:50 p.m. NWA associates/7:15 p.m. public/7:30 p.m. start tim

This took place prior to Carries concert in Reno a couple of days prior to the Idol Finale.

Local cancer survivors meet 'Idol' Underwood | www.rgj.com | Reno Gazette-Journal

Local cancer survivors meet 'Idol' Underwood

Staff report • May 31, 2008

Two local kids who have battled cancer were treated to a brush with fame this month.

Teagan Lawlor, 7, and Tracey Nethercott, 16, recently had a "meet and greet" with country music star and 2005 "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood.

Lawlor has completed chemotherapy treatments for Osteosarcoma and was proclaimed cancer-free last month.

Nethercott was diagnosed with Leukemia at age 2 has been cancer free since 1999.

Keaton Raphael Memorial, Wal-Mart and Swire Coca Cola partnered to create the special evening for the girls, who were "chosen for their bravery and strength in their young battles against cancer," according to a press release from Keaton Raphael Memorial, a nonprofit organization that assists young cancer patients and their families.

Limousines provided by Executive Limousine picked up the girls and their guests and drove them to the Carrie Underwood concert.

Concert tickets and the "meet and greet" passes with Underwood were provided by Swire Coca Cola and Wal-Mart. For more information on Keaton Raphael Memorial's Reno chapter, visit The Keaton Raphael Memorial - A Beacon of HOPE for Children with Cancer.

Have fun at your fan club party Tuesday, razorbacker!

Now that you've figured out this picture thingy.... we expect photos!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Greetings from Nashville & my 3rd annual reports from CMA Music Fest.

Yesterday was a Carrie day start to finish. 10 am was the fan club party at the Opry. Once they opened the doors & let us in (1,200 of us) everbody a bag that said Carrie's Carnival Ride & inside were snacks like would be found at a Carnival, a bag of popcorn, some cotton candy, M&M's & a raffle ticket....hmm.

The curtain went up & Carries friend & helper Matt was on stage & he introduced everybody to Carrie. She came out & did about 50 minutes of an acoustic set that was just incredible. She was accompanied by just a bass player, drummer, acoustic guitar, dobro & a back up singer. I am always amazed at the notes she can hit while sitting on a stool with her legs crossed, while most everyone else really has to reach & belt to get there. Anyway, I believe she did about 10 songs & the fans had voted for 3 of them including Praying For Time, it was a great great show.

That was followed by about 20 minutes of Q&A.

Then there was the raffle. They gave out 10 one year Fan Club memberships(I won one), 5 pairs of meet & greet tickets for any concert you would be attending,10 autographed cd's, 5 IPod shuffles pre loaded with Carries music, 5 autographed Nintendo games, 1 huge box of autograped merchandise, her shirt that she wore on the Idol tour also autographed, a brand new autographed acoustic guitar, & the grand prize was airfare for 2,hotel accomodations, 2 tickets with meet & greet's to her upcoming New Orleans show.

That was the end of the show, but not the end of the surprises. As we exited the Opry House there were tables set up giving everyone TShirts that said "The Official Carrie Underwood Fan Club Grand Ole Opry June 3 2008 & on the back it says "I partied with Carrie at the Opry." But one more thing waited everybody. They also gave each of us an autographed official poster that had a really nice photo of her & said The Grand Ole Opry Welcomes It's newest member Carrie Underwood, May 10, 2008.

All in all it was a super party.

Then of course last night was the Opry itself. I hope some of you saw it, because she cooked.

Talk to you later, Razor.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Great report Razor! Thanks!

Hi razor, thanks for the awesome, detailed report! And congrats on winning at the raffle!
    2003-2008.

Two thngs I forgot to add about the fanclub party. 1st it was completely free. Carrie is the only person I have ever heard of that does these things & doesn't charge anyone anything to get in & she is also the only person I have heard of that actually had their party at the Gradn Ole Opry.

Secondly, not that anyone was going to wear the autographed shirt that she wore during the Idol tour (I would think most people would frame it), but it was won by one of the biggest guys in the whole place. Everyone got a kick out of it.

Today is the actual kickoff to the whole week. The parade starts at 2. Then the street party begins at 3 , & in performance order is: Keith Anderson, Luke Bryan, James Otto, Joe Nichols, Phil Stacey, Chris Young & The Zac Brown Band.

The Clark Brothers are playing tonight at the Hard Rock Cafe outdoors stage at 11:30, so I'm not sure I will be around to see them.

+ Reply to Thread