+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Team Carrie-Team Chantal avabianca's Avatar

Re: Carrie Underwood

Carrie was blazing hot!!!!!!!!!

Carrie was fantastic. I'm not sure what she was wearing though, however, if I had her legs, I'd wear stuff like that too.
    Forever a Word Nerd

I didn't like the outfit, at least not the flowing fabric that was attached to both sleeves and didn't like the song at all.
    I'm not a fan of Country, but have liked all her other songs, this one was not to my taste though. I thought it was a very good performance, just didn't like the song.
    I swear Carrie gets prettier every time I see her.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I thought "Last Name" was killer, and she looked incredible. AI was very lucky to have snagged her before she got discovered.

Before IGB, I had never heard the song "Praying for Time." Now I've seen Carrie do it as well as George Michael. I have to say, I thought Carrie's version was more poignant.

I know it's going to come off as very biased considering my history around here, but I just have to say that in Carrie, American Idol found exactly what they were looking for. She has become a shining example of someone with an extreme talent, mega good looks, & on top of it all she has maintained her humble outlook. She continues to thank Idol, 19, Simon Fuller & the fans that put her where she is, every chance she gets. Last night she sounded & looked like the super star she has become. I think her Praying For Time on Idol Gives Back was head & shoulders above George, even though it is his song. Maybe, it was because he was under the weather, but he just lacked something last night.

By the way, Last Name will be sent out to Top 40 radio soon. And once again the song will not be remixed for a more Pop audience. If it becomes a cross over hit, it will do so in it's original Country version.

From Carrie's profile on the AI site. This is too funny.

American Idol: Carrie Underwood
    What album would your friends be surprised you own?

George Michael.

Favorite male pop artist?

George Michael.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I agree that Carrie was HOT last night. I'm not a big country fan, buy boy can that girl SING!
    She also looked amazing. I too think she is getting prettier and looks more like the star she is with every passing day. It should be illegal to be that talented AND be that good looking - shouldn't people be limited to excelling in one area only?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

She's a superstar! I did not see her Idol season, but being a country music fan, I've followed her career closely. I hope that our new winner David Cook will carry himself with as much class and gratitude as Carrie has these past two years.

I think they are looking forward to seeing Carrie in Idaho in a couple of days.

Go do it: Carrie Underwood is America's favorite 'Idol' | Music | Idaho Statesman

Go do it: Carrie Underwood is America's favorite 'Idol'

Some singers blow up, go multiplatinum overnight and forget where they came from.
    Not Carrie Underwood.

Maybe that's why America loves the 25-year-old singer, who will perform Sunday, May 25, at the Idaho Center in Nampa.

It's been a huge month for Underwood, who was inducted tearfully into the Grand Ole Opry, began appearing in Nintendo ads and picked up another Female Vocalist of the Year trophy at the Academy of Country Music Awards. Earlier this week, she was voted the most popular "American Idol" winner in a poll released by AOL Television. It wasn't even close. Underwood got 54 percent of the 1.3 million votes. Runner-up Kelly Clarkson (who will perform at Taco Bell Arena with Reba McEntire on Oct. 9) placed second with 26 percent.

Maybe that's why her Idaho Center concert is sold out at its 3/4-house setup of 7,500 seats (only singles remained available at press time). More tickets might be released on the day of the show, according to organizers.

Ever since Underwood won "American Idol" in 2005, she's been mature enough to realize that a little gratitude goes a long way. She's returned to perform on "Idol" every year, including on this season's finale.

When Underwood won her second straight Female Vocalist of the Year award at last weekend's ACM festivities, her modesty immediately revealed itself: "I know I don't deserve it, but I'll take it," she said. "Fans got me everything I have, and I owe everything to you."

You gotta love the humility. But let's give credit where credit is due: Underwood has been trouncing competitors at all the awards shows - and in album and ticket sales - for the past three years.

At first glance, Underwood may seem a bit Barbie-ish, but this blonde is a rather unique package: She deserves props for a solid, compelling vocal delivery, a big stage presence and for maintaining a wholesome image that appeals to a wide range of both country and pop fans. (And vegetarians!)

Simply put, this smiling star has "it" - and "it" hasn't spoiled her one bit. Instead, it's allowed an Oklahoma farm girl to jettison to an elite level among country music performers, proving she has a good head on her shoulders along the way.

I voted for CU during season 4, bought her 2 cd's, always thought she was very good. This past Wednesday she blew me away with her strong, hot vocals. As she opened her mouth to sing, I was like, wow. Carrie is not a flash in the pan despite what some people say (on other boards).

+ Reply to Thread