+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Congrats to Carrie for her Top Female Vocalist win!

On a side note: Did anyone see Kenny Chesney basically diss his fans for how the Entertainer of the Year was handled? Fans voted and he won and he basically said that it was a slap in the face and it cheapened the music. I would think you'd be humbled to have your fans vote you as the winner. I wish Rascal Flatts would have won! At least they would have appreciated it!
    Forever a Word Nerd

I don't blame him at all... the way they handled the award WAS wrong and it did cheapen it in my eyes. Kenny Chesney wasn't criticizing the fans.. he was criticizing the academy for giving up the voting power for the most important award of the night to whoever wanted to sit on the internet and vote during the show. It changes the significance of the award and puts it in the hands of a select few who want to sit online and power vote. No matter what, this award has a completely different meaning than his previous three and is completely different when compared to the Entertainer of the Year award that has been given to all of the performers before him.

I was just able to watch the video of Carrie and Brad's duet and loved it. Much better than her Last Name performance (nature of the song, not the girl) in that it was just straightforward and simple.. allowing the beauty of Carrie's voice to shine through.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

our local morning news anchor jeff varner (yep, the guy from survivor australian outback) was showing video of carrie's performance and he commented "look at how pretty she is ... i could stare at her all day!"

I bet he's not the only one!

For anyone interested, I saw a video of Carrie singing when she was 14 over at Youtube. Just search her name and "14 years old" and you should be able to find it. She looks just as pretty and her voice is just as good. It was at a local talent competition held in Oklahoma
    2003-2008.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Just an FYI: You couldn't power vote for Entertainer...it was one vote per email address...as much as I like to vote for things..I hope they don't do this again...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;3006786;
    Congrats to Carrie for her Top Female Vocalist win!

On a side note: Did anyone see Kenny Chesney basically diss his fans for how the Entertainer of the Year was handled? Fans voted and he won and he basically said that it was a slap in the face and it cheapened the music. I would think you'd be humbled to have your fans vote you as the winner. I wish Rascal Flatts would have won! At least they would have appreciated it!
    I didn't see it, didn't see much of the show (country music has just gotten too boring for me), but don't they have awards that are voted on by the fans? I'm not sure how I feel about Entertainer of the Year having been voted by the fans. On the one hand, it's the fans who are the ones being entertained. On the other, if none of the other awards are fan-voted, this one probably shouldn't be either.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3007503;
    I didn't see it, didn't see much of the show (country music has just gotten too boring for me), but don't they have awards that are voted on by the fans? I'm not sure how I feel about Entertainer of the Year having been voted by the fans. On the one hand, it's the fans who are the ones being entertained. On the other, if none of the other awards are fan-voted, this one probably shouldn't be either.
    This was the first year for the ACM Awards to have a fan voted award & the only one was Entertainer of the Year. The CMT Video awards, however, are all fan voted. The CMA Awards have not gone that route yet.

By the way, I just don't see Country Music as boring at all. Country Music now can be compared to Rock music in the 60's & 70's. Especially with acts like Brad Paisley & Carrie, Montgomery Gentry, Brooks & Dunn, Miranda Lambert, Keith Urban, these folks are all rockin country.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3006793;
    I don't blame him at all... the way they handled the award WAS wrong and it did cheapen it in my eyes. Kenny Chesney wasn't criticizing the fans.. he was criticizing the academy for giving up the voting power for the most important award of the night to whoever wanted to sit on the internet and vote during the show. It changes the significance of the award and puts it in the hands of a select few who want to sit online and power vote. No matter what, this award has a completely different meaning than his previous three and is completely different when compared to the Entertainer of the Year award that has been given to all of the performers before him.
    Their voting system is just like AI's, they should change that, limit the # of times a fan can vote.

It looks like Nintendo has some prime spots picked out for Carries commercial. You should begin seeing it anytime, but during tomorrows Idol Finale shows they are putting some big $$$ behind her.

Week of 5/19
    Mon 8pm ABC/The Bachelorette Premiere: Liv Tyler with Brain Age 2 and Crimson/Black Nintendo DS
    Wed 8pm Fox/American Idol Finale: Carrie Underwood with Nintendogs and Metallic Rose Nintendo DS

Week of 5/26
    Wed 8pm ABC/Wife Swap: Carrie Underwood with Nintendogs and Metallic Rose Nintendo DS
    Thur 9pm Fox/So You Think You Can Dance: Carrie Underwood with Nintendogs and Metallic Rose Nintendo DS

Week of 6/2
    Mon 8pm ABC/The Bachelorette: Liv Tyler with Brain Age 2 and Crimson/Black Nintendo DS
    Wed 9pm ABC/Super Nanny: Liv Tyler with Brain Age 2 and Crimson/Black Nintendo DS
    Fri 8pm ABC/Scripp's Spelling Bee: Liv Tyler with Brain Age 2 and Crimson/Black Nintendo DS

Week of 6/9
    Wed 8pm ABC/Wife Swap: Carrie Underwood with Nintendogs and Metallic Rose Nintendo DS

Both will also run on the following cable networks:
    A&E, ABC Family, AMC, Animal Planet, BET, Bravo, Comedy, Discovery,
    E!,
    Food, FX, HGTV, Lifetime MTV 10 spot, MTV3, Mun2, Nick at Nite,
    Oxygen,
    SiTV, Style, TBS, TLC, TRU,CMT,USA, VH1

I'm sure by now everybody is aware that Carrie will be singing Last Name on the Finale tonight. But, as an added bit of info, Last Name now has a June 17 adds date for Top 40 radio. Looks like the next crossover for Carrie is going to premiere to the pop audience tonight. I must say, Carries management team have rarely, if ever, had a misstep in the direction of her career.

+ Reply to Thread