+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

How exciting! Here's to you having a great time!
    2003-2008.

This is Robin Leach's Blog from Las Vegas. He is reporting on the preparations for Sunday Night's ACM Awards. Lot's of photos & stuff. But he says Carrie is going to be kicking off the show with Last Name. Then later on she is joining Brad Paisley for a tribute to the recently deceased super star Eddy Arnold. Should be nice. Carrie & Brad are always super together.

» SUPERSTARS OF COUNTRY MUSIC INVADE NASH-VEGAS FOR AWARDS TELECAST: THE FULL ADVANCE BEHIND THE SCENES LOOK - Vegas Luxe Life with Robin Leach

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Enjoy the fanclub party razor!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3003318;
    This is Robin Leach's Blog from Las Vegas. He is reporting on the preparations for Sunday Night's ACM Awards. Lot's of photos & stuff. But he says Carrie is going to be kicking off the show with Last Name. Then later on she is joining Brad Paisley for a tribute to the recently deceased super star Eddy Arnold. Should be nice. Carrie & Brad are always super together.
    Love Eddy Arnold. Can't wait to see a tribute to him. With Carrie and Brad? Better yet.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3001649;
    For those of you that aren't aware, the CMA Music Fest is just a bit over two weeks away. Previously they had announced performances by Carrie, Kellie, Phil Stacey, Josh Gracin, & Bucky. Then just yesterday they also added Diana DeGarmo, The Clark Brothers & Bo Bice. Should be a great week. And on top of it all, I'll also be seeing Carrie at the Grand Ole Opry on Tues. June 3, it was also announced yesterday that this show would be on TV as a kickoff to the week ahead. Then as the cherry on the Sundae I got the following email:

Congratulations! You've been selected to attend Carrie's Official Fan Club Concert and Party!!!

You are cordially invited to attend the Carrie Underwood Official Fan Club Concert and Party on Tuesday June 3rd at 10 a.m. at the Grand Ole Opry House in the Grand Ole Opry Entertainment Complex. The check-in line will open promptly at 10 a.m. so be sure to get there early!

As one of the lucky members selected you are invited to this PRIVATE concert exclusively for you, the Official Fan Club members! Not only will you be attending the concert but you can help pick Carrie's set list for the event. We will also be accepting questions from fan club members for a Q&A and one lucky fan will be chosen to conduct the Q&A ON-STAGE with Carrie. PLUS, everyone at the party will be entered into the raffle for some VERY special prizes! We have some additional contests and surprises in store for you so keep checking the site for announcements.
    Congratulations Razor..you certainly deserve it! I swear you know more about her than some of her staff

You truly area her biggest fan that I know...!! I love her but would know little if not for reading your stuff!

If you get a chance tell her how much we love her....

Thanks so much to everybody for the congratulations & best wishes. SilverCreek Lady, Carrie knows how much we all care for her, she mentions it often. And the feeling is definitely mutual.

I’ll just fill you in on what happened at last years Fan Club Party. She held it at the Roy Acuff building on the Opry site. It was limited to 500 invitees & lasted from 1-5 in the afternoon. Once we all got checked in they opened the doors to the lobby & there were about 10 huge tables set up with food & drinks for everybody. No alcohol, but lot’s of soft drinks etc. We had a chance to actually to mingle & meet people that we had been talking to over the internet for well over a year. It was really nice.

Then they opened the doors to the auditorium & the scramble was on for the best seats, but it really wasn’t necessary because even though there were 500 of us, that was still only about 20% of the seats. I ended up 2nd row center.

Carrie finally came out with two acoustic guitar players & her fiddle player. She did all of her hits in chronological order & just let me tell you, to hear her sing these songs with no back up other than acoustic is just unbelievable. Then we had been voting online for what other song we wanted to hear & the vote was overwhelmingly for Alone. I’d suggest that anyone that wants to hear this should go to youtube & search it out. It will make the hair on you neck stand straight up.

They then opened it up for about 30 minutes of Q&A. After this time she had to leave for about 30 minutes to walk across the way to the Opry for a sound check. When she came back we got into groups of 5 & went to meet her & take photos & talk to her.

At the end of the party on the way out, they had the photos available for us & as an extra surprise they gave us all a gift bag. Inside the bag was a nice hand written note thanking everyone for all their support & for coming to her first ever fan club party. Also there was a 11"x17"poster that said The Grand Ole Opry welcomes Carrie Underwood June 5 2007 & she had autographed each one of them. Then the best of all was a silver photo frame, just the right size for the photos. The frame itself was engraved & said The First Annual Carrie Underwood Fan Club Party June 5 2007.

It was an incredibly nice thing for her to do. And it was all free for us. It had to have cost her $50-60k easily.

It’s moving this year into the actual Opry auditorium, so she won’t have to leave for a sound check. Should be a great day.

By the way, her Bio has been added to the Opry website & her photo now graces the wall with all the other members. Check out her Opry page:

Grand Ole Opry: Members

Congratulations, razor! Enjoy the party and please do fill us in on all the details afterwards.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Carrie & Brad Paisley have such great chemistry together. They did some promo stuff for the ACM Awards. Click the link below & then watch the youtube video I think you'll get a kick out of the outtake. Watch them rag Reba & her hosting gig. Pretty funny stuff.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/05...-brad-paisley/

If you read the comments there is one person that has provided a link to another outtake. Check em out.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3004521;
    Then they opened the doors to the auditorium & the scramble was on for the best seats, but it really wasn’t necessary because even though there were 500 of us, that was still only about 20% of the seats. I ended up 2nd row center.
    I actually shouted "Woohoo!" when I read that bold part!

Sounds like you had an awesome time, up close and personal with Carrie and all! And YAY for gift bags!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

(I thought the outtakes with Carrie and Brad that you pointed us to were hilarious! I don't know what Reba will think about what they said though... )
    2003-2008.

Just saw Carrier perform Last Name on the ACM Awards...she was awesome, as usual.
    Forever a Word Nerd

+ Reply to Thread