+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I was hoping someone got a shot of this one.

Carrie absolutely blew the roof off the Altel Arena in Little Rock last night. Anyone that hasn't seen this girl live would not believe it is the same person anymore. She has fun, engages the audience, & has them in the palm of her hand from the time she rises up put of the stage to sing Flat on the Floor, until the time the confetti cannons go off at the end of Before He Cheats. The show lasts about 90 minutes & she does all the hits & includes a montage of songs from Some Hearts. I just can't believe some of the vocal performance she is capable of live. Surprisingly enough though one of the show stoppers is the slow faded love Ballad I Told You So, she finds every bit of available emotion in the song & then some.

She & Josh Turner both mentioned the Opry Induction. She was so proud. She said she had the opportunity to experience a once in a life time event in Nashville the night before. And went on to tell about the statue that she is hugging in the picture above. She said she really wanted to bring it along & show everybody, but she is such a clutz she would probably lose it, so it is safely tucked away in her trophy case. But, she was very emotional when she said that without those of us in the audience that had voted for her to win Idol & supported her every step of the way that she wouldn't be where she is now.

It was a great concert. I hope some of you take the opportuity to see her when she comes close. You won't regret it.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Thanks for the review razor. What a class act!

FORT Fan

She so so deserves it!!
    I'm proud to say I voted my fingers off ( nearly 100 per night) to make sure she won and boy has it been worth it!!

I have never given any other contestant the effort I have for Carrie ( and may never again) . She is Beautiful inside and out!!

Just a few months ago when Carrie & her team were firming up the Carrie/Keith co-headlining tour, Carrie was quoted as saying that she wasn’t comfortable with headlining yet, & besides she asked, “What if nobody came?” I don’t think she needs to worry about that anymore.

On Magazine » Blog Archive » CARRIE UNDERWOOD TICKETS AVAILABLE TO “INSIDERS”

CARRIE UNDERWOOD TICKETS AVAILABLE TO “INSIDERS”

Pop-country sensation CARRIE UNDERWOOD is the second artist, ever, to SELL OUT THE YAKIMA VALLEY SUNDOME. Fellow country star Toby Keith was the first during his 2003 visit.

The approximately 6,800 tickets to Underwood’s May 23 show sold out nearly three weeks ago, but THERE STILL IS A CHANCE TO SNAG A SEAT.

Greg Lybeck, assistant general manager for State Fair Park, estimates there are 100 to 200 tickets being withheld (it’s a contract thing) that could possibly be released in the days leading up to the concert. IN FACT, 16 SEATS WERE RELEASED THIS AFTERNOON.

Members of the SunDome Insiders Club — which is free to join online at www.yakimasundome.com — GET THE FIRST CRACK AT THOSE TICKETS, which is how I knew about it.

*Kim Nowacki*

For those of you that aren't aware, the CMA Music Fest is just a bit over two weeks away. Previously they had announced performances by Carrie, Kellie, Phil Stacey, Josh Gracin, & Bucky. Then just yesterday they also added Diana DeGarmo, The Clark Brothers & Bo Bice. Should be a great week. And on top of it all, I'll also be seeing Carrie at the Grand Ole Opry on Tues. June 3, it was also announced yesterday that this show would be on TV as a kickoff to the week ahead. Then as the cherry on the Sundae I got the following email:

Congratulations! You've been selected to attend Carrie's Official Fan Club Concert and Party!!!

You are cordially invited to attend the Carrie Underwood Official Fan Club Concert and Party on Tuesday June 3rd at 10 a.m. at the Grand Ole Opry House in the Grand Ole Opry Entertainment Complex. The check-in line will open promptly at 10 a.m. so be sure to get there early!

As one of the lucky members selected you are invited to this PRIVATE concert exclusively for you, the Official Fan Club members! Not only will you be attending the concert but you can help pick Carrie's set list for the event. We will also be accepting questions from fan club members for a Q&A and one lucky fan will be chosen to conduct the Q&A ON-STAGE with Carrie. PLUS, everyone at the party will be entered into the raffle for some VERY special prizes! We have some additional contests and surprises in store for you so keep checking the site for announcements.

wow that's awesome razorbacker!! How exciting! I love carrie--she is great in concert!! If you haven't seen her yet, i highly recommend it

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Congrats razor..you know we are going to want details, details, details...you've got to get a camera tho!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Congratulations, razorbacker!!!! I know how excited you are... and cannot wait to hear the details. Take good notes, and wouldn't that be fun to be the person asking the Q&A? Send in some questions!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Leo
    Premium Member

You lucky fellow razorbacker. We want photos and details.

This may well be one of the more... unusual endorsement deals Carrie's had.

Nintendo uses celebs to appeal to female gamers

Nintendo uses celebs to appeal to female gamers
    By Andrew Webster | Published: May 16, 2008 - 11:25AM CT

With the current generation of handhelds and consoles, Nintendo has proven that there is one thing it can do better then the competition: appeal to the non-gamer crowd. And the company is going to continue its push to attract that audience with a series of upcoming commercials featuring some notable celebrities.

In support of the new metallic rose color for the DS, Nintendo will begin running a series of commercials featuring actress America Ferrera (Ugly Betty) and former American Idol champ Carrie Underwood later on this month. Actress Liv Tyler (Armageddon, Lord of the Rings) will also be in a series promoting the crimson and black model.

This isn't the first time that Nintendo has been able to court big-name female celebrities; Nicole Kidman was featured in a series of advertisements when Brain Age 2 was released last year. This time around, while Nintendo is sticking with the female audience, it seems as though the company is also looking to reach a younger demographic.

With almost 20 million units of hardware sold in North America alone, Nintendo is clearly doing something right.

+ Reply to Thread