+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I thought you might like to see this:

News : Headlines : Vince, Dierks Applaud Carrie's Opry Induction : Great American Country

May 9, 2008 — Carrie Underwood becomes the newest addition to the Grand Ole Opry when she appears on the venerable show tonight. You can bet that she's thrilled about that development, but she's not alone. Opry members Vince Gill and Dierks Bentley both think she'll have a positive effect on the institution.

"The ability to go and get somebody like Carrie Underwood who really is knockin' it out of the park in the biggest way, it gives the Opry great marquee value," Vince told Dial-Global. "And it's not gonna be an artist that in a couple of years is gonna have a nice run and you won't hear from them again. She's really got the talent to have longevity and be a force for a long, long time."

"For Carrie, it's like one of the biggest honors you can have in your career to be tied to this institution," Dierks told Dial-Global. "It's the past, it's the present, it's the future of country music, and what an honor for her. But also for the Opry, what a great, smart move. It brings more attention back to the Opry, so it's a great situation, and I think it's awesome."

You can see Carrie's induction ceremony when GAC airs Opry Live Saturday at 8 p.m. ET. Also appearing during the hour are Dierks and Aaron Tippin.

I just watched the ceremony. It was awesome! She certainly epitomizes what the Opry is all about. Way to go Carrie!
    ETA Carrie ended the show with Jesus Take The Wheel and Vince Gill came out to sing with her.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 05-10-2008 at 08:59 PM.

So they get Garth Brooks to do the Induction, it doesn't get much bigger than that. Then after all that she finishes the show with Jesus Take the Wheel & Vince Gill joins her. What a great night for Carrie. Her Mom & Dad sure were beaming in the audience.

Way to go Carrie...Congratulations to the newest member of The Grand Ole Opry.

I knew you would be along here any minute. Nice ceremony, wasn't it? Didn't you like the way she wouldn't let go of the award she was holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2984942;
    I knew you would be along here any minute. Nice ceremony, wasn't it? Didn't you like the way she wouldn't let go of the award she was holding.
    It was a wonderful ceremony & all the Okies that helped out was a nice touch. I was stoked that Garth agreed to induct her. No way was she going to give up that award. I loved it.

For those that don't realise exactly what this honor means here is what Garth Brooks told her during his induction speech.

You will be rained with awards from the CMA's, the Grammy's, all that stuff. But nothing will be as important as this award right here. Congratulations," said singer Garth Brooks.

And in a bit of serendipity... I bought tickets to see Carrie in Little Rock tonight a couple of months ago. And now, I get to see her first performance as a member of the Opry. It's going to be a great show.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I wasn't home to watch the awards (dammit!)....my favorite country music star (Garth!!!) inducts my other favorite country music star....how awesome is that!!!! I'm so proud of her!

Here's some photos razor pointed me too, in case there were others who missed the monumental occasion!

Last edited by bbnbama; 05-11-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I missed it, so thank you so much for the articles and pictures. What a moment for her.

I got a giggle when Vince Gill made some kind of joking comment to her at the end and she swatted at him in laughter. Typical Vince Gill (who is MY favorite.. I just love him!)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Thank you so much bama and razor! Wow, Carrie looks beautiful, as always. Way to go, Carrie!
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread