+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by candimichele;2966018;
    I'm new to this particular thread but just wanted to say thanks for the beautiful pictures, bbnbama!

I'm so excited, I'm going to a Carrie Underwood concert in June!
    I’m glad you are going to get to see her Live, cause believe me it is well worth it. Here is an example of the types of reviews she has been getting night after night. This was just last night in Tucson.

REVIEW: Carrie Underwood "delicious," in first Tucson concert | www.azstarnet.com ®

Hourly Update

REVIEW: Carrie Underwood "delicious," in first Tucson concert
    By Cathalena E. Burch
    Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 05.03.2008

It was the ultimate diva moment.
    A darkened Tucson Arena illuminated by the blue-red flicker of cell phone cameras.
    The crowd of 7,000 scanned the stage, then the catwalk jutting out a good 25 yards.
    Where was she coming from?
    As her band of twenty-something players lit into the opening chords of the rocking pop-country song “Flat On the Floor,” Carrie Underwood emerged from beneath the catwalk, nearest the stage.
    The screams and applause were so loud you could barely hear her sing: “I’m flat on the floor / With my head down low / Where the sky can’t rain on me anymore.”
    Everything about the grand entrance shouted diva. So did her outfit — skin-tight black jeans and tight-fitting black tank top, sequined belt and dangling loop earrings.
    But there was something deliciously naive about the former “American Idol.” Despite four outfit changes, dazzling light effects, a hip young band and the catwalk, she still came across as a young woman feeling her way in a world thrust upon her only three short years ago.
    Several times throughout Underwood’s 90-minute concert Friday — her first Tucson appearance — she found herself rambling about how she got to be on that stage. She takes none of it for granted, she said more than once, punctuating the emotion with her self-penned ode to her hometown, “I Ain’t In Checotah Anymore.”
    “Everything just happened so fast over the past few years,” she explained, and the female-heavy audience cheered. “I know how lucky I am to be able to get up here and do what I do.”
    Underwood drew from her growing catalog of pop country ballads, uptempo romps and snarky breakup songs for a show that kept the audience on its feet most of the night.
    The concert was skewed more for women as she sang about not wanting to wake up and find her life had been “Wasted” and taking a key to the souped up truck of a lover who doesn’t think “Before He Cheats.”
    “I have a question for the girls in Tucson: How are the guys here?” she asked and the ladies’ response was a sad coin-toss.
    “Boys, boys, you’re not getting good reviews here,” Underwood said, then sang about how “The More Boys I Meet,” the more I like my dog.
    Most of the seats in the arena were empty as Underwood sang her uptempo songs — “All American Girl,” “Long Gone Baby,” “Last Name.” The audience even stood for Underwood’s gospel hit “Jesus Take the Wheel,” watching as the singer closed her eyes, raised her hands and swayed to the song’s inspired message.
    The crowd sat down when she slowed the tempo for “Don’t Forget to Remember Me,” a song best-suited for next weekend’s Mother’s Day. As Underwood was about to arch into a higher register of her soprano range for the song’s final chorus, 9-year-old Gabriel Welch and his 10-year-old brother R.J. waved Gabriel’s homemade sign: “Will you wait 9 years for me?” Underwood must not have seen it; she seemed lost in the song.
    Underwood’s encore took a hard turn from country — a roaring take on Guns ‘n Roses’ rocker “Paradise City.” With the lead guitarist dishing out crunchy, screaming licks behind her, Underwood smacked hands with fans lining the catwalk and affected an admirable hard rock-worthy wail.
    When she returned to the stage, we realized something un-diva-like: she was barefoot.
    Country crooner Josh Turner opened the show with a 40-minute set grounded in country’s traditional roots.
    Like Underwood, he worked the catwalk, squeezing fans’ outstretched hands as he sang the sexually-charged invitation “Your Man” in his trademark smooth, twangy baritone.
    Other highlights included his honky-tonk trailer-park ode “Trailerhood” and the inspirational gospels “Long Black Train” and “Me and God.”

FORT Fan

I wish she was coming back to my area soon. She was awesome and would pay it all again to see her!

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar

I'm going to see her next Wednesday in Lubbock, TX...I can't wait!!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2966637;
    I’m glad you are going to get to see her Live, cause believe me it is well worth it. Here is an example of the types of reviews she has been getting night after night. This was just last night in Tucson.

REVIEW: Carrie Underwood "delicious," in first Tucson concert | www.azstarnet.com ®

Hourly Update

REVIEW: Carrie Underwood "delicious," in first Tucson concert
    By Cathalena E. Burch
    Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 05.03.2008

It was the ultimate diva moment.
    A darkened Tucson Arena illuminated by the blue-red flicker of cell phone cameras.
    The crowd of 7,000 scanned the stage, then the catwalk jutting out a good 25 yards.
    Where was she coming from?
    As her band of twenty-something players lit into the opening chords of the rocking pop-country song “Flat On the Floor,” Carrie Underwood emerged from beneath the catwalk, nearest the stage.
    The screams and applause were so loud you could barely hear her sing: “I’m flat on the floor / With my head down low / Where the sky can’t rain on me anymore.”
    Everything about the grand entrance shouted diva. So did her outfit — skin-tight black jeans and tight-fitting black tank top, sequined belt and dangling loop earrings.
    But there was something deliciously naive about the former “American Idol.” Despite four outfit changes, dazzling light effects, a hip young band and the catwalk, she still came across as a young woman feeling her way in a world thrust upon her only three short years ago.
    Several times throughout Underwood’s 90-minute concert Friday — her first Tucson appearance — she found herself rambling about how she got to be on that stage. She takes none of it for granted, she said more than once, punctuating the emotion with her self-penned ode to her hometown, “I Ain’t In Checotah Anymore.”
    “Everything just happened so fast over the past few years,” she explained, and the female-heavy audience cheered. “I know how lucky I am to be able to get up here and do what I do.”
    Underwood drew from her growing catalog of pop country ballads, uptempo romps and snarky breakup songs for a show that kept the audience on its feet most of the night.
    The concert was skewed more for women as she sang about not wanting to wake up and find her life had been “Wasted” and taking a key to the souped up truck of a lover who doesn’t think “Before He Cheats.”
    “I have a question for the girls in Tucson: How are the guys here?” she asked and the ladies’ response was a sad coin-toss.
    “Boys, boys, you’re not getting good reviews here,” Underwood said, then sang about how “The More Boys I Meet,” the more I like my dog.
    Most of the seats in the arena were empty as Underwood sang her uptempo songs — “All American Girl,” “Long Gone Baby,” “Last Name.” The audience even stood for Underwood’s gospel hit “Jesus Take the Wheel,” watching as the singer closed her eyes, raised her hands and swayed to the song’s inspired message.
    The crowd sat down when she slowed the tempo for “Don’t Forget to Remember Me,” a song best-suited for next weekend’s Mother’s Day. As Underwood was about to arch into a higher register of her soprano range for the song’s final chorus, 9-year-old Gabriel Welch and his 10-year-old brother R.J. waved Gabriel’s homemade sign: “Will you wait 9 years for me?” Underwood must not have seen it; she seemed lost in the song.
    Underwood’s encore took a hard turn from country — a roaring take on Guns ‘n Roses’ rocker “Paradise City.” With the lead guitarist dishing out crunchy, screaming licks behind her, Underwood smacked hands with fans lining the catwalk and affected an admirable hard rock-worthy wail.
    When she returned to the stage, we realized something un-diva-like: she was barefoot.
    Country crooner Josh Turner opened the show with a 40-minute set grounded in country’s traditional roots.
    Like Underwood, he worked the catwalk, squeezing fans’ outstretched hands as he sang the sexually-charged invitation “Your Man” in his trademark smooth, twangy baritone.
    Other highlights included his honky-tonk trailer-park ode “Trailerhood” and the inspirational gospels “Long Black Train” and “Me and God.”

Thanks so much for posting this!

Just a reminder... Carrie is featured in the special Road to the Opry on GAC TV 7:30 pm on Saturday, 5/10. At 8 PM, she is inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, live on GAC.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2969256;
    Just a reminder... Carrie is featured in the special Road to the Opry on GAC TV 7:30 pm on Saturday, 5/10. At 8 PM, she is inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, live on GAC.
    I have seen reports that Carrie & her family will be treated to a special dinner that night prior to the induction. There still has been no leak about who is going to handle the actual induction ceremony, but Vince Gill was just added to the lineup & he & Carrie have become really close friends. During the weekend of the Kennedy Center awards where Carrie sang for Dolly, Vince even took Carrie & her Mom in hand & showed them around the White House.

It is going to be one very emotional night, not only for Carrie, her family, but for those of us that have followed her career so closely. There are going to be more than a few wet eyes that night.

Carrie was at the Stagecoach Country Music Festival last night in Indio California. Many artists were there over the 3 days including Trace Adkins, Gretchen Wilson, Taylor Swift, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Tim McGraw & Big & Rich among others. You can read the whole review by clicking the link below…most people get rather tepid mentions & Cowboy Troy gets slammed pretty hard, but then the writer has this to say about Carrie. The only thing I disagree with is the part about Paradise City being predictable. You have to see it to appreciate how good it is.

Stagecoach 08: Sunday's acts cover it | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

And then everything seemed to accelerate, as if in a dream, PopWatchers. I shuffled into the Carrie Underwood photo pit, I shot some hasty pictures in some awkward lighting, I shuffled out. Retreating to my usual spot down stage right, I sipped a tasty Bud Light and listened to the former Idol prove that Bucky Covington really did need to finish 8th or whatever, because that girl can sing. I do not know where in her body all that gutsy noise comes from, but as she belted her way through the hits-- how did she get so many hits already?-- I found myself totally in awe. Some have accused her of oversinging, but the way she pulled back on "So Small" revealed an artist in control, and I'll take a solid, clear, loud tone over fancy runs and tweedle-dee-dee any day of the week. Her voice cracked but once-- during the last of "I Know You Won't"'s six endings-- and my only complaint was with her personal choice of cover: "Paradise City" is too predictable (plus Jason Aldean covered it at Stagecoach 07), and you'd think if it is in fact now mandatory to throw a karaoke number into the set, she'd at least have the decency to do "Alone." Ah, but all was forgiven during "Before He Cheats," for which the crowd happily joined in. Yep. We know the words to that one.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Anyone live in Dallas? This is supposedly on a building in downtown Dallas near Griffin and Patterson.......Carrie's ad for Vitamin Water....(thanks razor)

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Good news in Ohio.

Decision on center expected in 2 weeks - Vindy.com News - Local & Regional News - Youngstown, Warren, Columbiana, Ohio

Decision on center expected in 2 weeks
    Published:Thursday, May 8, 2008
    By David Skolnick
    The center’s director says he’s busy booking events for the summer.
    YOUNGSTOWN — Negotiations with two national companies seeking to help run the city-owned Chevrolet Centre are coming to an end, Mayor Jay Williams said.
    A decision between SMG and Global Spectrum, both of Philadelphia, should be in front of city council by its next meeting, May 21, Williams said. The mayor wouldn’t say which company he favors.
    The city envisions the national company providing support to the center with marketing services, event booking, risk management and insurance, administration and financing.
    Eric Ryan of Struthers, initially hired in October to be the center’s interim director, will remain on the job in a permanent basis handling the facility’s day-to-day operations.
    Addressing council’s finance committee Wednesday, Ryan said he’s busy booking events for the center during the summer months, traditionally the slowest part of the year for indoor facilities.
    That includes five performances of Circque du Soleil and music concerts, Ryan said.
    A June 11 concert of Carrie Underwood, a sold-out performance, is of particular note, he said. It’s the fastest sell-out in the center’s history.
    Ryan said he battled operators of other entertainment facilities, larger than the Chevrolet Centre, to get Underwood here.
    The sell-out of that concert will lead to other successes at the center, he said.
    “I truly believe we can make the Chevrolet Centre the jewel of downtown,” Ryan said.
    Ryan praised city officials for hiring Ticketmaster to handle ticketing at the center. The deal will increase the center’s visibility. During the first six months of this fiscal year, October 2007 to March, the center had a profit of $120,938. That’s slightly less than what the center made between October 2006 to March 2007 under the management of Global Entertainment Corp., a Phoenix company fired by the city this past October. [Global Entertainment is not affiliated with Global Spectrum.]

One last reminder...This is the night of Carries Induction into membership in the Grand Ole Opry. Be sure to tuine into GAC 7:30 est. 6:30 cst for a half hour show called the Road to the Opry, followed by the induction ceremony. Should be a pretty emotional night.

+ Reply to Thread