+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Here is a really nice write up & heads up about Carries induction LIVE on GAC into the Grand Ole Opry.

Great American Country :: Carrie Underwood's Opry Induction Broadcast in LIVE National Telecast

Carrie Underwood's Opry Induction Broadcast in LIVE National Telecast
    Country Music Star's 'Road to the Opry' explored in half-hour behind-the-scenes special

Carrie Underwood's Opry Induction Broadcast in LIVE National Telecast

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 24 /PRNewswire/ -- As country music's reigning ACM and CMA Female Vocalist of the Year and recipient of numerous other awards, multi-platinum selling artist Carrie Underwood will receive one of the highest honors in the country music genre with a LIVE national telecast of her induction into the legendary Grand Ole Opry on May 10 (8 pm ET) when Great American Country (GAC), the exclusive television home of the Grand Ole Opry, broadcasts the "Opry Live" celebration to its audience of more than 52 million.

(Photo: Newscom Search )

A true "All-American Girl," Underwood is no stranger to having her career presented on television after capturing the hearts of many fans during the fourth season of American Idol. Her astounding vocals and decision to pursue a career in the country genre resonated throughout the nation. Just two weeks after winning the talent competition, she made her Grand Ole Opry performance debut, fulfilling the dreams she had as a child to perform there. Earlier this spring, while performing during another televised broadcast of the Opry, the legendary Randy Travis, whose single, "I Told You So," Underwood reprised on her second double-platinum album, Carnival Ride, would fulfill the second part of her dreams concerning the Opry by surprising her with an invitation to become a member.

Before catching the LIVE performances of Underwood and a cast of other BIG artists scheduled for an induction of this proportion, viewers will get a one-of-a-kind look at an artist preparing for a once-in-a-lifetime moment with the premiere of "Road to the Opry: Carrie Underwood" (May 10, 7:30 pm ET). On the eve of becoming the newest member of the hallowed Grand Ole Opry, Underwood sits down for an exclusive interview to discuss her life, career and amazing journey. Highlighted by some of her most powerful Opry performances, this half-hour special features interviews with Underwood's mother, Carole, as well as Opry members Vince Gill, Little Jimmy Dickens and Randy Travis.

For more information about the live broadcast of Carrie Underwood's induction into the Grand Ole Opry and for Great American Country, visit GAC - Great American Country : Country Music Artists, News, Interviews, Videos, Country Music Fan Zone and More : Great American Country.

American Idol champ Carrie Underwood is the May 2008 cover girl for InStyle.

“My personal style changes day to day,” Carrie says of her revolutionary change in style. “But at the end of the day, I love sweats. I do enough glamming up for awards show and whatnot. So I can wear sweats whenever I want and it kind of evens itself out.”

Carrie adds, “I don’t think about awards shows until the day they’re there. I try not to stress about them too far in advance. That day, it’s just all about looking pretty. So I sit back and let everyone do all the work.”

She also lists Charlize Theron, Katherine Heigl and Reese Witherspoon as some of her fashion icons.

Pick up the issue on newsstands today!

Source: Just Jared
    2003-2008.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Other photos from her InStyle photoshoot:

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks for the writeups - she's amazing!

Holy smokes!! She's certainly come a long way hasn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2946339;
    Holy smokes!! She's certainly come a long way hasn't she?

Oh my gosh, I knew she'd changed but I didn't realize by how much!

Thanks so much for the photos BB. Carrie has become one beautiful young woman eh.

Since there has been so much conversation this week about Brooke forgetting her lyrics, I wanted to tell a story about Carrie.

Last night during her show in Atlanta, she was going to sing Don't Forget to Remember Me, which she always does on acoustic guitar. Anyway, she began to thank everybody for putting her where she is by voting for her to win Idol & giving her the opportunity to do what she loves. So, she began the song & evidently the emotions got to her & she broke down in tears & couldn't finish. While the band played the crowd sang for her. It must have been a truly touching moment.

FORT Fan

Thaks Razorback.... I found a news story on the event...this is what they said

"Near the end, though, she got serious. “I want to thank you guys for putting me on this stage,” she said. Then she stopped and wiped her eyes. “I don’t know why but I’m about to cry.” Pause. “I get to watch ‘American Idol.’ It’s so amazing to think that a few years ago, I was on that stage. You guys helped me through. I can’t believe there are five people left. It’s incredible I managed to survive the next two years that followed. It’s been an amazing, amazing ride. Thank you guys. God bless you for it.”

Then during “Don’t Forget To Remember Me,” she literally stopped partway in tears and could barely finish the song. That truly defines sincere gratitude"

Bless her heart...I JUST LOVE her! I voted more for her than ANY other Idol in history! What a beautiful young women!

I could not possibly "Forget to Remember" her!

4/24: Carrie Underwood concert at Gwinnett Arena | American Idol Buzz | AccessAtlanta
    Last edited by Unklescott; 04-25-2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: to add link

It seems as though the episode in Atlanta last night is getting some major play, it is being picked up by all wire services. Here is a report form People.

Carrie Underwood Breaks Down During Atlanta Show - Carrie Underwood : People.com

Carrie Underwood Breaks Down During Atlanta Show
    By Brian Orloff

Originally posted Friday April 25, 2008 03:00 PM EDT
    Carrie Underwood

Photo by: Kevork Djansezian / AP

Carrie Underwood had an emotional moment during her concert with Keith Urban at The Arena At Gwinnett Center outside of Atlanta on Thursday.

During a performance of "Don't Forget to Remember Me," from her album Some Hearts, the country chanteuse broke down into tears in the middle of the song's second chorus. According to an audience member, the singer cried through several lines of the song – then attempted to tackle the chorus but broke down again.

According to a rep for Underwood, the emotional song was inspired by the singer's mother – and leaving home. In it, she sings: "Hey Momma ... tell Me-maw that I miss her/ Yeah, I should give her a call/ And make sure you tell Daddy that I'm still his little girl."

But the night wasn't all dour for the former Idol. According to a concertgoer, Underwood later perked up, telling the crowd she's found the love of her life. His name? Ace – her dog!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I read the entire article yesterday. It's a great read. She is a poised, confident and very down to earth woman who is undeniably gorgeous. Good for her!

And regarding her breakdown during the song, I say that's very ok. I think it is somewhat endearing and shows a side of her that many people can relate to, we are all vulnerable and wounded at times.
    Last edited by talldede; 04-25-2008 at 06:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread