+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2893521;
    WOW! She's doing alot of touring razor.....I'm hoping I can make it to the B'ham show.....
    Just through these dates in June will put her right around 100 shows. Add in the Grand Ole Opry show, Idol Finale, & the Cma Music Fest & she is one busy girl.

Jason Michael Carroll is a new artist but you may have heard his songs Alyssa Lies or Livin Our Love Song. His newest I Can Sleep When I'm Dead is on the move. He has been touring with Dierks Bently & Bucky Covington.

Just a brief random few updates this morning.

First Carries All American Girl video has hit #1 on the MTV Asia charts.
    The video is also #1 in Canada & the song itself remains #1 for the sixth consecutive week.
    The video is still #1 on CMT & over on GAC not only is AAG the #1 video, but her rendition of How Great Thou Art as performed live at the Opry is #2.

Second the sales for her first album just continue to astound me. In the 124th week of release it sold 10,034 copies. This was on a very down week for music sales across the board. That is 2 yrs. 5 months later.

And Last Name is now at #20 & rapidly climbing.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Carrie on the red carpet at Idol Gives Back....stunning as usual (I like the bangs too!)

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The bangs kind of make her look like Reese Witherspoon. I love her dress but it looks like it would be impossible to walk in.
    I wasn't talking to you, Jenny. If I was talking to you, I would have said "Jenny."

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Gorgeous dress on a stunning gal!

I’m not good at posting photos, so instead of once again bothering my buddy bbnbama, I’ll just post a link. These are all from Idol Gives Back. It is a slide show…check it out. There are a couple of nice ones of Carrie & Terry Hatcher together on stage.

Underwood-idol : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

When Carrie Underwood and Chace Crawford split up, the couple called it quits digital style, says the country star.

"It was completely mutual," Underwood told Extra at the taping of Idol Gives Back. "We broke up over text so ... it's like 'peace out.' "

According to Underwood, the breakup wasn't a tearful confrontation, but a realization that the romance just wasn't meant to be between her and the Gossip Girl hunk. "It just didn't work," she said. "We both knew it didn't work and [had] no hard feelings at all whatsoever."

Although the couple hasn't spoken recently, Underwood has nothing negative to say about her ex. "I don't dislike him, so it's no big deal."

The split was a bit harder on Crawford, however. "He was upset about the breakup," his sister, Candice, told PEOPLE last week. "It's always hard when you lose a relationship."

Underwood reveals that her high profile relationship was made harder by fame. "It's difficult while you're dating because people always make a lot bigger deal of things than they actually are," she tells Extra. "Then when you break up with somebody and then like two months later it comes out and it's like you're rehashing old stuff. I don't know what that's all out now."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Both of Carries albums are in the Top 10 on the Country charts this week & she also has 2 singles in the Top 20 on the Billboard Country Charts as “Last Name,” jumps to #17, while “All-American Girl” is now #12.

Carrie is getting incredible reviews all across the spectrum this morning for her performance last night. She stated earlier in the week that the night wasn't about singing her new single or promoting herself, but it was about trying to get people to donate. She was one of the few that stuck to that. Otherwise we got the unintelligible Snoop Dog, a double dose of Miley Cyrus, & golden oldies from Heart & Gloria Estefan. Good for Carrie for sticking to her guns & good for her for a heartfelt performance.

Other than that here are some box office numbers for the past few shows with her & Josh Turner. All sellouts but two.

Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner Copps Coliseum
    Hamilton, Ontario
    March 22, 2008
    $362,817
    7,456 / 7,456
    1 / 1
    $56.18, $38.59

Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner Van Andel Arena
    Grand Rapids, Mich.
    March 31, 2008
    $348,860
    7,428 / 7,428
    1 / 1
    $55, $35

Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner Resch Center
    Green Bay, Wis.
    April 1, 2008
    $348,070
    7,458 / 7,458
    1 / 1
    $55, $35

Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
    Fort Wayne, Ind.
    March 25, 2008
    $344,670
    7,392 / 7,392
    1 / 1
    $55, $35

Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner Scotiabank Place
    Ottawa, Ontario
    March 21, 2008
    $343,863
    6,832 / 6,832
    1 / 1
    $56.41, $38.75

Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner Schottenstein Center
    Columbus, Ohio
    April 4, 2008
    $324,615
    6,869 / 6,869
    1 / 1
    $55, $35

Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner Verizon Wireless Arena
    Manchester, N.H.
    March 19, 2008
    $318,645
    6,843 / 6,924
    1 / 0
    $55, $35

Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner Breslin Student Events Center
    East Lansing, Mich.
    April 3, 2008
    $307,950
    6,470 / 6,470
    1 / 1
    $55, $35

Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner Dow Event Center Arena
    Saginaw, Mich.
    March 30, 2008
    $261,050
    5,296 / 5,468
    1 / 0
    $55, $35

These are just some of the reviews I could find from last nights Idol Gives Back show. They are all long articles & you can read them by clicking the links. I am just editing out the part that references Carrie.

The Palm Beach Post

"Idol Gives Back" the tears, the laughter, and Brad Pitt! | Leslie Gray Streeter

— Carrie Underwood fans, write this down. I am about to do something I've seldom done...I'm going to stand up and applaud your girl for an appearance on this show, because she sang "Praying For Time" even better than George Michael (and I love me some George.) I got chills, y'all. She connected, she soared, she made me cry. Wow. Seriously.

The LA Times

'Idol Gives Back' mixes laughs, songs and appeals for cash - Los Angeles Times

There are two ways a celebrity summit like Wednesday night's "Idol Gives Back" charity telecast can achieve razzle-dazzle nirvana: through staged spontaneity or grandeur. When the first occurs, as when Fergie did flips across the floor while rocking out with Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, we viewers are plunged into the fun of the moment. Unexpected gestures by our favorite stars collapse the distance between us and them.

In the second case -- as when Carrie Underwood, perched on a stool in an iridescent Farah Angsana gown, offered up George Michael's ballad "Praying for Time" with grace, compassion and dignity -- we are lifted up beyond the day's irritations and momentarily made better. We might even reach for the phone and pledge the money we'd planned to spend on iTunes.

Entertainment Weekly

''Idol'' recap: ''Idol Gives Back'' | American Idol | 1 | TV Recaps | EW.com

Carrie Underwood breathed new life into George Michael's ''Praying for Time,'' slowing down the tempo just a hair, and delivering her vocal with exquisite restraint and feeling; it was like hearing every word of the lyric for the first time, all over again. I'm predicting an iTunes stampede similar to last year's ''I'll Stand By You'' rendition

+ Reply to Thread