+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 424 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Regular
    I think a lot of the hate is indirectly towards her.

Nobody likes the fact that Simon has pegged a winner and is prolly going to pimp her and ignore the others, which is what he has been doing to an even greater extent this year. Heck, I think that's unfair to everyone else.

That being said, I'm just throwing one suggestion out there. I personally like her and thought she did good with Alone.

FORT Fogey
    I dont think there is any more "hate" towards Carrie than any of the others. Check out their threads and you'll see the same if not more criticism.

I think its funny that people say its a singing contest now that it fits their favories but in years past it was ok to not like Tamyra, or Jennifer Hudson or LaToya because they had good voices but were "aloof".

Quote Originally Posted by hikaristar
    Nobody likes the fact that Simon has pegged a winner and is prolly going to pimp her and ignore the others
    Yeah, I never really noticed Carrie before, but I was peeved when Simon said that about one person, so early. But then the next time I paid more attention to her and she has a voice that is basically PERFECT. So full, so precise. I think what Simon is thinking about is the potential revenue from cross-over genres....the pop dollars, plus the country dollars.

It's a good point.

But, I don't think Carrie as AI would earn much in the way of pop dollars unless she gets a little more lively between now and then.

Kao
    Beautiful voice, but there's simply nothing else there. I've tried to find it! I've LOOKED!

Please, for the love of everything holy Carrie, LEARN HOW TO PUT ON A PERFORMANCE instead of merely singing!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    Beautiful voice, but there's simply nothing else there. I've tried to find it! I've LOOKED!

Please, for the love of everything holy Carrie, LEARN HOW TO PUT ON A PERFORMANCE instead of merely singing!
    I think her performances are just fine. Her voice more than holds up well enough that she doesn't need to incorporate theatrics that distract people from the voice. The fact that she's not overly demonstrative does NOT mean that she is "merely singing."

Sorry, but I think Carrie has diminished in personality since the season began. Originally, she had that fresh-off-the-farm naive quality that I found appealing, but now I find her bland and even Stepfordish.

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite42
    I think her performances are just fine. Her voice more than holds up well enough that she doesn't need to incorporate theatrics that distract people from the voice. The fact that she's not overly demonstrative does NOT mean that she is "merely singing."
    A performance does mean that at least you should look animated, though, and not like someone just wound you up and pushed you on stage.

FORT Newbie
    A performance does mean that at least you should look animated, though, and not like someone just wound you up and pushed you on stage.
    I don't come away with that impression by watching her.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite42
    I don't come away with that impression by watching her.
    i agree with you. I enjoy watching Carrie. I dont see any problem with her.
    GO CONSTANTINE!!!

But you can teach someone how to perform. Although she may not be liked by all... a case in point is Shania Twain. When she first hit it big, she did not tour for YEARS because she apparently had absolutely no stage presence and her voice was weak when she moved around. She worked on that and she now has the performance skills to match the strong voice.

Some people on this show are performers with weak singing skills. I'd rather take Carrie's incredibly strong voice and weak performing skills any day. After all, this is a singing competition.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread