+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I hope someone took the opportunity to watch the Opry last night. There were some really great performances, especially Carrie & Vince Gill. Carrie had the whole auditorium on their feet. No one else even came close to that type of response.

By the way, she blogged about the event to her fan club. She said she was standing in the hall at the back of the stage talking to someone, when all of a sudden someone came up behind her & smacked her on the butt. It startled her & when she turned around & saw it was Loretta Lynn she was shocked & pleased at the affectionate way she was being accepted by the Queen.

Carrie just won a Grammy for Best Female Vocal in Country for Before He Cheats.

I had to edit this to say that she was one of the very few on hand to actually recieve her award ( she said no way was I going to let someone else accept this for me) & she once again was very graceful & thanked American Idol.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 02-10-2008 at 06:27 PM.

She kicked ass in her live performance (it just aired). There was no doubt she was singing live, and she managed to bring a more "crossover" vibe to that song without ruining it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

I think she was awesome in Before he Cheats tonight... wow, she has come far as a performer, you can tell she is more comfortable on stage.

FYI we have a thread in the music forum for tonight's Grammy awards show.
    50th Annual Grammy Awards CBS 2/10/08

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2789609;
    She kicked ass in her live performance (it just aired). There was no doubt she was singing live, and she managed to bring a more "crossover" vibe to that song without ruining it.
    I thought the song had a more Blues vibe to it. I know some think I'm a bit biased, but I have always said she is as good live as she is on record. She just tears it up on stage.

I heard on the radio, on Ryan Seacrest's show that she's interested in getting into acting. Wants to start with a light comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2791327;
    I heard on the radio, on Ryan Seacrest's show that she's interested in getting into acting. Wants to start with a light comedy.
    Oh Joy!

Here are a few post Grammy blurbs. There have been so many the past couple of days, but here are a few that stood out.

This is a pretty interesting Grammy review& some back stage stuff from the UK.

The Grammys Round Up - The Daily Record

I found this pretty interesting & a nice compliment from Fergie:

FERGIE sings Big Girls Don't Cry, but she almost failed to take her own advice as she arrived at the awards bash. A tad insecure on noticing her rivals, she said: "You're looking out and you see Beyonce and Carrie Underwood."

Heres one from Fox News:

FOXNews.com - Pop Tarts: Carrie Underwood Sexin' Up Her Style - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Pop Tarts: Carrie Underwood Sexin' Up Her Style

LOS ANGELES — She may be known as the wholesome young woman from Oklahoma who won "American Idol" in its fourth season, but Carrie Underwood is proving she can get down and dirty with a new sexy style.
    The beautiful blonde had jaws dropping at Sunday evening's Grammy Awards as she strutted on stage in black knee-high boots with hot pants to sing "Before He Cheats" against a backdrop of back-up boys.
    "Carrie is finally embracing her sexy side and it works," an industry executive told Pop Tarts. "She is stunning, and when she walks into a room it's impossible to take your eyes off her. Guys are falling over her."
    Pop Tarts also popped Underwood twirling into the Sony/BMG after-party at the Beverly Hills hotel in a strapless gold number, turning the heads of everyone from Chris Brown to John Mayer to fellow country crooner Brad Paisley.
    And it is nice to see a gal with confidence.
    "Of course I vote for myself, I have no shame," Carrie said, referring to the Grammys. "That's OK, I am a paying member."

Looks like the party is on.

WDSY - Carrie Underwood!

Carrie Underwood is sure she will celebrate her Best Country Female Performance GRAMMY for “Before He Cheats.” And who better to celebrate with than her tour mate Keith Urban who took home the same award in the Male category. Carrie tells us, “I’m sure! I mean he has a lot to celebrate, and so do I. You know the tour is going really well. That’s another thing to celebrate I guess. But yeah, I’m sure we’ll do something. I’ll have to get him a present.” Carrie and Keith take their Love, pain and the whole crazy Carnival Ride Tour to Madison Square Garden in New York tomorrow night.

Beginning with tonight’s show at Madison Square Garden, here are the, so far, announced tour dates. I hope some of you get to go.

February 13, 2008-New York City, NY-Madison Square Garden (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    February 14, 2008-GIANT Center, Hershey, PA (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    February 15, 2008-Trump Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    Febrary 16, 2008 --- Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke,VA (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    February 18, 2008-Wachovia Arena, Wilkes Barre, PA (CR Tour With Josh Turner)
    February 19, 2008-Times Union Center, Albany, NY (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    February 20, 2008-Mullins Center, Amherst, MA (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    February 22, 2008-Petersen Events Center, Pittsburgh, PA (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    February 24, 2008-Dunkin Donuts Center-Providence, RI (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    February 25, 2008-Arena at Harbor Yard, Bridgeport, CT (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    February 29, 2008-Tallahassee, FL Leon County Civic Center (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    March 1, 2008 -- Biloxi, MS (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    March 2, 2008-Century Tel Center, Bossier City, LA (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    March 5, 2008-Kansas City, MO-Sprint Center (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    March 6, 2008-Kansas Coliseum, Wichita, KS (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    March 7, 2008 --- Omaha Qwest Center, Omaha, NE (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    March 9, 2008-Denver, CO-Pepsi Arena (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    March 11, 2008-- San Jose, CA HP Pavilion (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    March 12, 2008-Sacramento, CA ARCO (LP&WCCR Tour with Keith Urban)
    March 13, 2008-Anaheim, CA The Pond (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    March 18, 2008 – Bethlehem, PA, Stabler Arena (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    March 19, 2008 – Manchester, NH, Verizon Wireless Arena (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    March 21, 2008 – Ottawa, ON, ScotiaBank Place (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    March 22, 2008 – Hamilton, ON, Copps Coliseum (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    March 25 , 2008– Ft. Wayne, IN, Allen County War Memorial Coliseum (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    March 26, 2008 – Evansville, IN, Roberts Stadium (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    March 27, 2008 – Dayton, OH – Nutter Center (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    March 28, 2008-East Tennessee State University (solo appearance)
    Tickets only available to students and 2 guests of students
    Carrie Underwood Fans
    March 30, 2008 – Saginaw, MI, Dow Events Center (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    March 31, 2008 – Grand Rapids, MI, Van Andel Arena (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    April 1, 2008 – Greenbay, WI ,Resch Center (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    April 3, 2008 – E. Lansing, MI , Breslin Events Center (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    April 4, 2008– Columbus, OH,Schottenstein Arena (CR Tour with Josh Turner)
    April 10, 2008-John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    April 12, 2008-University Park, PA-Bryce Jordan Center (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    April 17, 2008-North Charleston Coliseum, Charleston, SC (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    April 18, 2008-Charlotte, NC-Bobcats Arena (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    April 19, 2008Raleigh, NC-RB Center (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    April 24, 2008-Gwinnett,GA-Gwinnett Arena (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    April 25, 2008-Gwinnett, GA-Gwinnett Arena (LP&WCCR Tour With Keith Urban)
    May 4, 2008-Stagecoach Country Music Festival, Indio, CA (solo)
    Stagecoach
    July 19, 2008-Country Jam USA, Eau Claire, WI (solo)

+ Reply to Thread