+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 423 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Sorry, but I don't get what all the fuss over Carrie is about. She's an okay singer, but I don't find her voice memorable - nor does it sound good. I feel that her voice is overwhelmed by the back-up track every time. If I was listening on the radio to a version of her song, I would have switched the channel. She's cute, but so are Nadia and Vonzell. As a singer, on the whole she is utterly unremarkable.
    What's gotten into Simon??

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by alyourpal
    Personally I am sick of Carrie singing country songs the exact way you hear them on the radio...I am sorry, but I know plenty of girls who can sing a country song just like the artist.
    I know what you mean.
    A major criticism for most contestants is originality. They didn't make the song their own, or it was just a bad karaoke imitation. Whereas everyone has heard Whitney Houston and Brian McKnight and various rock bands to make such judgments, I'm not sure the judges are familiar enough with country music to know if Carrie is original.

Lex
    I have tried to listent to Carrie's performances to see why everyone (especially Simon) likes her so much. But I just don't hear or see anything interesting about her. Oh well, I gave her a chance, like I try to do for every contestant. If there's something about her that people are enjoying, then I'm glad she's in the competition. I like that AI can have something for everyone.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    I have tried to listent to Carrie's performances to see why everyone (especially Simon) likes her so much. But I just don't hear or see anything interesting about her. Oh well, I gave her a chance, like I try to do for every contestant. If there's something about her that people are enjoying, then I'm glad she's in the competition. I like that AI can have something for everyone.

that is what AI is about. something different about each of them. well especially this year (last year nearly half of them were the same). i LOVE carrie. she's my fave to win or at least in the top 3 (ill be happy) along with bo & now vonzell (i had nadia up there but she's dropping down faster than a feather...don't know why but i'm no longer fascinated with her or her voice).

everyone has different tastes, different ears, different stereo quality coming out from their tvs, etc. to make them appreciate each contestant to their liking or not.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by connie
    He calls in to KISSFM in Chicago every Wed morning to discuss the show with the DJ's. This week he said talking to Carrie is like hearing crickets and she's definately not all there, although she has a nice voice. Another not so favorite is Jessica, apparently she's a real complainer.
    Ok...I need to know more about this guy...where can i hear him? He sounds like he would be hilarious!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    that is what AI is about. something different about each of them. well especially this year (last year nearly half of them were the same). i LOVE carrie. she's my fave to win or at least in the top 3 (ill be happy) along with bo & now vonzell (i had nadia up there but she's dropping down faster than a feather...don't know why but i'm no longer fascinated with her or her voice).

everyone has different tastes, different ears, different stereo quality coming out from their tvs, etc. to make them appreciate each contestant to their liking or not.
    I think you have hit the nail on the head here. I know there are a lot of folks that are disturbed by the perceived favoritism by the judges, but many of those people are the same ones that saw no issue with it last year with Fantasia. I still believe that Carrie has the biggest upside potential in this competition & no matter what happens, win or lose, she will be very successful. I read other threads while the FORT was down, gasp, & the one thing I kept seeing was comment after comment about how people hate country music but love to hear Carrrie sing. This speaks volumes about her future crossover possibilities. Simon realised this from the beginning.

FORT Fan
    Carrie reminds me too much of Kelly Clarkson....and I hated her yelling/singing! I think that Simon sees the comparison as well, and cannot get past the potential dollar signs!

She's cute, has a huge voice, looks like the girl next door, and (like Kelly) is not a brain trust!!! The vapid look in her eyes is really disturbing to me, but perhaps AI/19 feels like they can push her around and she won't notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi
    Carrie reminds me too much of Kelly Clarkson....and I hated her yelling/singing! I think that Simon sees the comparison as well, and cannot get past the potential dollar signs!

She's cute, has a huge voice, looks like the girl next door, and (like Kelly) is not a brain trust!!! The vapid look in her eyes is really disturbing to me, but perhaps AI/19 feels like they can push her around and she won't notice!
    Oh, I am going to have to disagree.....cause I absolutely ADORE Kelly Clarkson, but I think Carrie is way to typical and sings every song just like the artist does.

I love Kelly!!! Carrie is no where near as good as Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohoo102
    I know what you mean.
    A major criticism for most contestants is originality. They didn't make the song their own, or it was just a bad karaoke imitation. Whereas everyone has heard Whitney Houston and Brian McKnight and various rock bands to make such judgments, I'm not sure the judges are familiar enough with country music to know if Carrie is original.
    Ohhhhhhh, good point! The judges have never listened to Martina McBride closely enought to know that Carrie's rendition could have been lip synched it was so close to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by alyourpal
    Ohhhhhhh, good point! The judges have never listened to Martina McBride closely enought to know that Carrie's rendition could have been lip synched it was so close to the original.
    You complain that she sounds too much like Martina McBride. Others complain that she sounds nothing like Janice Joplin. The girl can sing & as were are told ad infinitum "This is a singing contest". Geez Louise. I truly don't understand the hate directed at this young lady. No one deserves this kind of garbage.

+ Reply to Thread