+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

bb, thanks again for all the photos. Yu da bestest!!

Before He cheats continues to roll on the Hot 100 Charts, on top of being named the Country Single of the Year at the CMA Awards show.

Chart Beat

WELCOME TO THE TOP THREE (FOUR): And speaking of longevity, Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" (Arista) retreats 37-44 on The Billboard Hot 100 in its 62nd chart week. That means Underwood is tied with Lifehouse for having the longest-charting single of this century.

Carrie is also catapulted into third place among the longest-running songs in this chart's 49 1/2-year history. Only LeAnn Rimes' "How Do I Live" and Jewel's "You Were Meant for Me" / "Foolish Games" have had longer chart runs, and they are facing a strong challenge from Underwood to hold on to their standings.

Here is a list of the four-longest running songs in Hot 100 history:

69 weeks: "How Do I Live," LeAnn Rimes (1997)
    65 weeks: "You Were Meant for Me" / "Foolish Games," Jewel (1997)
    62 weeks: "You and Me," Lifehouse (2005)
    62 weeks: "Before He Cheats," Carrie Underwood (2007)

FORT Regular

I still love to hear this song on the radio - I haven't gotten tired of it yet. Wish I could see her do it live.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Here's a label after party pic..... not liking the cowboy hat on Martina tho....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Isn't it nice to see those 3 beautiful young ladies in the front row, & to realise how far they have come since we first got acquainted with them on TV?

From what I am hearing, Carrie should be announcing tour info & dates in the next couple of days. Looking forward to seeing what shape the new tour takes. I can't wait to see her Live again.

Also, Carrie will be attending the Red Carpet World Premier of the new Disney movie Enchanted on the 17th in LA. This is the movie for which she sings song Ever Ever After.

No dates set yet, but check out the co-headlining tour announced today. No where close to me though.ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban set to tour together

Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban set to tour together
    Sunday, November 11, 2007 – Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban will launch a co-headlining tour together in 2008, hitting 24 cities around the U.S.
    The name of the tour is the "Love, Pain & the whole crazy Carnival Ride Tour," a name that combines the titles of each artist's most recent album.

Urban's disc, "Love, Pain & the whole crazy thing," was released a year ago, while Underwood's "Carnival Ride," debuted last month.

Tickets are set to go on sale as of Dec. 1.

"I'm looking forward to hitting the road with Carrie, and to bringing our audiences together for what I think will be a magical night of sights, sounds, songs and solos," said Urban. "I can't think of a better person to begin 2008 with than Keith," said Underwood. "He is an amazing entertainer and a well-respected musician, singer and songwriter."

While no specific dates were listed, cities on the tour itinerary include:
    Uncasville, Conn.
    Rochester, NY
    New York City
    Hershey, PA
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Roanoke, VA
    Tallahassee, FL
    Charleston, WV
    Biloxi, Miss.
    Bossier City, LA
    Kansas City, MO
    Wichita, KS
    Omaha, NE
    Denver
    San Jose
    Anaheim, CA
    Baltimore
    Charlottesville, VA State College, PA
    North Charleston, SC
    Charlotte
    Raleigh, NC
    Gwinnett, GA
    Lexington, KY

FORT Fanatic

was just browsing thru as a guest but had to log in just to comment on this.

dang. keith urban now! woot. girl co-headline/open with major male country singers. kenny chesney to brad paisley to keith urban. now that is one hot mega concert that will guarantee sell out everywhere.

razor...maybe they'll add more cities/dates later and you'll have one in your vicinity. they definitely wont come here to hawaii...unless...keith will do an australian tour and ask carrie to join him...and hopefully they'll stop over in hawaii on the way there. one can hope right.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bell;2661725;
    was just browsing thru as a guest but had to log in just to comment on this.

dang. keith urban now! woot. girl co-headline/open with major male country singers. kenny chesney to brad paisley to keith urban. now that is one hot mega concert that will guarantee sell out everywhere.

razor...maybe they'll add more cities/dates later and you'll have one in your vicinity. they definitely wont come here to hawaii...unless...keith will do an australian tour and ask carrie to join him...and hopefully they'll stop over in hawaii on the way there. one can hope right.
    Evidently Keith has shows lined up in Aus. From what I have seen March 26 is scheduled for Sydney (Carrie has a large & growing fan base in Aus. & her songs, videos & albums are beginning to get a lot of play down there.) I'd love for Carrie to get the kind of International exposure that a tour with Keith could provide. I think this co-headline tour is an absolute stroke of genious by both management teams.

I know Carrie will add more tour dates, whether or not they will be with Keith is yet to be seen. I presume this tour will follow somewhat the form of the last one. Some dates with Chesney(Keith), some dates with Brad(???), some headlining dates.

I'm going to try to get to the Biloxi show. It's about a 5 hr. drive.

There is no new information in the article, but Billboard Magazine has picked up the tour info & listed under this title:

Urban, Underwood Make Formidable Touring Team

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2662053;
    I'm going to try to get to the Biloxi show. It's about a 5 hr. drive.
    Maybe I'll see the Anaheim show. 15 minute drive.

If anyone has a trip to Nashvill planned in the next month or so maybe Dec. 11th should be on your calendar.

12/11 Ryman Auditorium Tuesday Night Opry: Carrie Underwood

I've seen her at the new Opry stage, but would love to see a show at the Ryman.

+ Reply to Thread