+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2614271;
    Okay.... I don't approve of this one... ick.

Carrie's New Hookup.....

Carrie Underwood and Gossip Girl star Chace Crawford are a new couple, according to OK!.

Chace, 22, Carrie, 24, were spotted locking lips last Friday at NYC club Marquee.

ďThey were canoodling all night and stayed until close,Ē revealed one eyewitness.

Saturday night, the couple was spotted at Mario Bataliís Del Posto restaurant, the Soho Grand and the Rose Bar in the Gramercy Park Hotel. Thatís a lot of eating and drinking together! At the Soho Grand, ďthey held court at their own private table, kissing and not leaving each otherís side.Ē

FYI: You can listen to Carrieís new CD ďCarnival RideĒ here. Iíve been listening to it non-stop for the past few hours!

From Dallas Cowboy QB Tony Romo to Chace Crawford ó UPGRADE or DOWNGRADE?

Didn't Carrie breakup with Tony Romo several months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2616411;
    Didn't Carrie breakup with Tony Romo several months ago?
    According to Carrie, they were never "dating". They were good friends, are still good friends, & they keep in touch on a daily basis. Even if it is text messages, they talk to & support each other daily. She recently said in an interview that she would love to go to more games but when she does the press reads to much into it & throws them together.

As to this new guy, I have no idea who he is, I haven't seen the show or anything. But, she's a 24 yr. old Country music superstar who's every move is under a terrific microscope, so the whole dating thing is very tough to do.

For those of you that have CMT, it looks as though Carrie Music Television is going to be pretty prevalent in the upcoming weeks. This seems to me to be an extension of the 6 hr. premier of the So Small video exclusive that CMT was given. I think Carries PR team has once again come up aces for her.

CMT PRESS SITE

CARRIE UNDERWOOD KICKS OFF HER NEW VIDEO SERIES “CARRIE MUSIC TELEVISION” PREMIERING SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20 ON CMT

NASHVILLE – October 17, 2007 – Superstar Carrie Underwood takes over CMT for a weekend and introduces a six-episode series bearing her name, CARRIE MUSIC TELEVISION, premiering Saturday, October 20 at 3:30-4:00 p.m., ET/PT. Underwood programs six half-hour episodes of her favorite videos in the new series CARRIE MUSIC TELEVISION, and steps in as honorary CMT host for the weekend. Underwood also stopped by the CMT studio to dish about her latest album with hosts Lance Smith and Katie Cook on CMT TOP 20 COUNTDOWN, premiering Thursday, October 18 at 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon, ET/PT, and CMT INSIDER, premiering Saturday, October 20 at 2:00-2:30 p.m., ET/PT.

CARRIE MUSIC TELEVISION premieres as follows:

Episode 101 – “Girl Power.” Premieres Saturday, Oct. 20 at 3:30-4:00 p.m., ET/PT.

Episode 102 – “Get The Party Started.” Premieres Sunday, Oct. 21 at 10:30-11:00 a.m., ET/PT.

Episode 103 – “Best Live.” Premieres Sunday, Oct. 28 at 10:30-11:00 a.m., ET/PT.

Episode 104 – “Keep An Eye On.” Premieres Sunday, Nov. 4 at 10:30-11:00 a.m., ET/PT.

Episode 105 – “Break It Off.” Premieres Sunday, Nov. 11 at 10:30-11:00 a.m., ET/PT.

Episode 106 – “Country Hotties.” Premieres Sunday, Nov. 18 at 10:30-11:00 a.m., ET/PT.

CMT first became “Carrie Music Television” when it world premiered her video “So Small,” airing it back-to-back for six straight hours in a network first. The video set single day streaming records for CMT.com during its exclusive online debut.

Underwood’s new 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville album, Carnival Ride, will be released October 23. The first single, “So Small,” written by Underwood, Luke Laird, and Hillary Lindsey, broke records earlier this month when it earned the highest first-week sales of any country airplay single in digital history. The song also debuted on the Billboard/R&R country airplay chart last month as the highest entry by a solo country female artist in Nielsen BDS history.

For more information on CARRIE MUSIC TELEVISION, visit CMT.com.

FORT Regular

Razor,

Do you think people are going to get tired of Carrie? I hope her team isn't over-exposing her.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2614326;
    Hmmm...I just don't think I believe this one...doesn't sound like Carrie...hard to imagine her being that "public" too...

I'd say let me see a pic of them together as a couple first.......

**I've never heard of this guy either....**

Heh... amusing thing is... both people.com and justjared.com had pictures of the two of them together last weekend. But both pictures have been changed, and Just Jared has even posted an apology for posting the picture. But both are talking about all of the dating they have done in NYC over the past couple of weeks. Heh.

Carrie Underwood & Chace Crawford — First Pictures!
    Wed, 17 October 2007 at 11:18 am
    If you thought that Carrie Underwood-Chace Crawford report was a crock, think again!

Here are the very first pictures of the American Idol alum and Gossip Girl star leaving a NYC restaurant together on Sunday.

The pretty pair was spotted together at Mario Batali’s Del Posto restaurant. The night before, Chace, 22, and Carrie, 24, reportedly had a romantic dinner together at Nobu.

“He’s really cute,” Carrie recently told People of the Texas-born actor. “I’ve met him and he seems like a really nice guy. He’s got cool hair, he’s a nice height and he just has beautiful blue eyes.”

C and C have kept their romance under the radar since July, according to Us Weekly. They reportedly met in May when Chace introduced himself to Carrie at West Hollywood’s Hyde.

CHACE, TAKE THE WHEEL. NOW!

UPDATE: Apologies, pictures removed!

eta: Ahhh... USWeekly still has the pic.
    Last edited by Broadway; 10-17-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;2616767;
    Razor,

Do you think people are going to get tired of Carrie? I hope her team isn't over-exposing her.
    I guess that is always a possibility. But, when it comes to all the TV appearances, Carrie isnít really doing anything more than most other artists do. When they have a new album or single to promote, they hit the Lenoís & Lettermanís of the world. Carrie is scheduled for all of them.

As to the CMT shows.the penetration of CMT into the typical household isnít all that big, & the ratings for the channel are no where near the top of the charts. So, yes, she will be watched by her fans, but the general public probably wonít see those shows at all. And if you look carefully they stretch over close to 3 months, so it is spread out pretty good.

The one thing watch though is the amount of magazine covers we are going to be seeing in the next month or so. It is going to be truly phenomenal.

There is a huge amount of Industry pressure being put on her album. For those that donít follow record sales very closely, just let me say that they are in the toilet. Everyone is experiencing downturns. Country is holding up better than all the other genres, but it is still down, year to year.

There is a group of folks called Hits Daily Double. They gather sales info from stores on a weekly basis & predict what the final Soundscan sales totals will be. They are usually pretty accurate & it is pretty interesting to follow on a weekly basis. Well they are looking at next weeks sales & here is what they are predicting, keep in mind that this is a week before Carnival Ride releases:

BOSS BACK ON TOP? Itís the fourth quarter. Do you know where the big records are? While the industry waits for Carrie Underwoodís new album on 10/23, it looks like Bruce Springsteen will return to the top of the charts next week, with a total that wonít even hit 100k for Magic. As for newcomers, according to one-day sales reports from shell-shocked retailers, look for Interscope emo-rockers Jimmy Eat World at around 70k, Aristaís Ultimate Santana at between 50-60k, Stax/Concordís soul diva Angie Stone at 35-40k and Vagrant/Fontanaís Thrice at 30-35k. The market was down 6.3% vs. last week, down 17.4% from same week last year and now down 14.3% year-to-date. Ugh. (10/17p)

I would attach a link, but this is a subscription service so it would get you no where anyway. I hope mods donít delete this.

By the way the album has leaked to the internet & it is truly incredible. It shows great growth in song choice, subjects, & vocal ability. I predict 600,000 first week, & double Platinum by the end of the year. Whether or not it'll sell 6 million is definitely up in the air, with sales being so low for everybody.

Carrie is on the cover of this week's Entertainment Weekly (picture of cover in article at link)

American Idol alum Carrie Underwood takes the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week.

And for good reason! Her 2005 debut album, Some Hearts, is the most successful record from any Idol contestant. It’s sold nearly 6 million copies, squeaking by Kelly Clarkson’s Breakaway. Here are some interview snippets:

On Amazon.com, all these user reviews say… ‘’She’s not country.'’ [Makes raspberry noise and sticks her thumbs down] Okay, here’s my thing: On Top 40 stations, nobody cares that you’ll have Fergie next to 50 Cent. They’re different. Why can’t you have me next to somebody that’s more traditional country? You can call me ‘’not country'’ until your face is blue, but I sing country music.

On if she likes being famous: I love being able to perform in front of people. I like potentially making a difference in somebody’s day or somebody’s life. Sometimes things can get kind of scary. Like, I was in Victoria’s Secret the other day, which I went to for the first time last year, ’cause, I don’t know, I have a weird thing about that… I have problems going into a store like that. I’m a private person, and I don’t want people knowing what kind of underwear I like. It’s creepy! But these girls followed me the whole time, and I’m like, ‘’Man, they see every single pair of underwear I’m putting in my little shopping bag!'’ Just say something. Say hey, I’ll say hey, it’ll be good, and then we can both continue shopping.

On her once-upon-a-time blossoming relationship with NFL quarterback Tony Romo: “At one point it seemed like that’s where it was headed but point blank, he is about football. I don’t know if it’s that I’m not quite his type or whatever, but I don’t think he’s at the point in his life where he would be willing to sacrifice football. He hated so much that people thought that he was paying more attention to me and that was causing him to not do well.'’ (Well let’s hope Chace Crawford causes him not to act well on Gossip Girl!)

Read the full interview here. Carrie’s Carnival Ride is set to be released this Tuesday, Oct. 23.

For anyone interested. Here is a nice little behind the scenes video on the set of Carries photo shoot for Seventeen magazine.

Video Hub - Seventeen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2617929;
    Carrie is on the cover of this week's Entertainment Weekly (picture of cover in article at link)

American Idol alum Carrie Underwood takes the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week.

And for good reason! Her 2005 debut album, Some Hearts, is the most successful record from any Idol contestant. Itís sold nearly 6 million copies, squeaking by Kelly Clarksonís Breakaway. Here are some interview snippets:

On Amazon.com, all these user reviews sayÖ ĎíSheís not country.'í [Makes raspberry noise and sticks her thumbs down] Okay, hereís my thing: On Top 40 stations, nobody cares that youíll have Fergie next to 50 Cent. Theyíre different. Why canít you have me next to somebody thatís more traditional country? You can call me Ďínot country'í until your face is blue, but I sing country music.

On if she likes being famous: I love being able to perform in front of people. I like potentially making a difference in somebodyís day or somebodyís life. Sometimes things can get kind of scary. Like, I was in Victoriaís Secret the other day, which I went to for the first time last year, ícause, I donít know, I have a weird thing about thatÖ I have problems going into a store like that. Iím a private person, and I donít want people knowing what kind of underwear I like. Itís creepy! But these girls followed me the whole time, and Iím like, ĎíMan, they see every single pair of underwear Iím putting in my little shopping bag!'í Just say something. Say hey, Iíll say hey, itíll be good, and then we can both continue shopping.

On her once-upon-a-time blossoming relationship with NFL quarterback Tony Romo: ďAt one point it seemed like thatís where it was headed but point blank, he is about football. I donít know if itís that Iím not quite his type or whatever, but I donít think heís at the point in his life where he would be willing to sacrifice football. He hated so much that people thought that he was paying more attention to me and that was causing him to not do well.'í (Well letís hope Chace Crawford causes him not to act well on Gossip Girl!)

Read the full interview here. Carrieís Carnival Ride is set to be released this Tuesday, Oct. 23.
    I think this is the best interview I have read from her yet. She is FINALLY stepping out of her shell & addressing some of her critics. She is speaking her mind about a bunch of crap that has been thrown at her over the past two years. I think it shows a woman & an entertainer that is becoming more comfortable in her own skin all the time.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, her is a behind the scenes interview on the set of the photo shoot for Entertainment Weekly:

Behind-the-Scenes, First Looks, and Exclusives | Video | Entertainment Weekly

I agree... I loved reading her EW article, razorbacker. She's a very forthright individual who isn't afraid to speak her mind when one actually ASKS her questions. Other than that she won't simply offer it. I like that.

My firewall here at work blocks that video so I'll have to wait until I'm at home to watch that.

+ Reply to Thread