+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Someone has done some research & pointed out that on top of the TV appearances in the above Post, Carrie is scheduled for quite an extensive print media campaign in the next few months. Check it out.

USA Today Feature 10/23
    Seventeen Cover (Nov)
    Self Cover (Nov)
    Country Weekly Cover 11/9
    In Style - Video Feature (Nov)
    Women's Health - Feature (Nov)
    Glamour Cover (Jan)
    Shape Cover (Feb)

Extensive print advertising campaign to appear in:

Vogue, Glamour, Allure, Teen Vogue, Lucky, Vanity Fair.

And look for Carrie to be Music Choice's November Artist of the Month.

Carrie has been nominated for 2 AMA Awards this year. They have changed it up some & this time fans are going to be able to vote.

2007 American Music Awards Nominees Announced: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Favorite Female Artist:
    Martina McBride
    Taylor Swift
    Carrie Underwood

Favorite Album:
    Tim McGraw/Let It Go
    Rascal Flatts/Me And My Gang
    Carrie Underwood/Some Hearts

I know youtube links aren't allowed. I'm not sure about links to download vocal performances from sendspace. So, if the mods delete this at least I tried.

Anyway, Carrie was at the Grand Ol Opry last night. Listen to her version of How Great Thou Art. This really does show how good a vocalist she is. I think you'll like it.

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

It looks like Carrie is going to be stopping traffic in Times Square on the 23rd. I don’t remember any of the other artists on GMA getting this stage before. By the way, even though he calls this a remarkable coincidence, I see it as a well planned & well thought out move by her management/promotions team. The events they have lined up for her for the next couple of months is pretty staggering & the GMA thing is only the tip of the iceberg.

Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors & Information – USATODAY.com

Carrie times new album with Times Square 'GMA' appearance

Carrie fans who are also morning people (or have digital recording devices, of course) should check out Good Morning America Oct. 23, when the country-star Idol will be performing live in Times Square, NYC, as part of the show's fall concert series. In an amazing coincidence, that's also the day her second album, Carnival Ride, is released, kind of turning the day into a Carrie national holiday for fans.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Wanna hear clips of each of Carrie's songs on her upcoming CD?

Carnival Ride

Sounds like a really good one........
    Can't wait.....

**Loved her version of Randy Travis's "I told you so".......
    Last edited by bbnbama; 10-13-2007 at 01:54 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2611024;
    Wanna hear clips of each of Carrie's songs on her upcoming CD?

Carnival Ride

Sounds like a really good one........
    Can't wait.....

**Loved her version of Randy Travis's "I told you so".......
    Just from those small clips I can say that this album has some absolutely great songs.
    Last Name may be this albums Before He Cheats, talks about a one night stand where she doesn't even know the guys Last Name, it's a growler type of vocal.
    Just a Dream is a real tear jerker, told from the point of view of a woman who loses her man in the war. Joe Galante has said this is his favorite.
    Wheel of the Wolrd is Carries personal favorite & is the song that lends the title of the album, Carnival Ride.
    The More Boys I Meet, may also be a breakout. It contains the lyric The More Boys I Meet The More I Like My Dog.

Carrie was on GAC last night & said that she likes this album so much better than Some Hearts. She is really proud of it. She also told the story of crying when she met Randy Travis. And how goofy it was, because she doesn't know how to react when someone cries when they meet her.

WOW.... what a solid album, first song to last. I love her rendition of "I Told You So"... her own special delicately haunting tone.

I can see "Twisted" being a song in a movie.

"The More Boys I Meet" was fun... can't wait to hear the rest of those lyrics.

"Just a Dream"... we heard the power chorus.. can't wait to hear the soft lead in. You know it's there based upon how the clip ended, so I know that transition is going to give me chills once again.

Thanks for finding that, bbnbama. Ten days.....

Okay.... I don't approve of this one... ick.

Carrie's New Hookup.....

Carrie Underwood and Gossip Girl star Chace Crawford are a new couple, according to OK!.

Chace, 22, Carrie, 24, were spotted locking lips last Friday at NYC club Marquee.

“They were canoodling all night and stayed until close,” revealed one eyewitness.

Saturday night, the couple was spotted at Mario Batali’s Del Posto restaurant, the Soho Grand and the Rose Bar in the Gramercy Park Hotel. That’s a lot of eating and drinking together! At the Soho Grand, “they held court at their own private table, kissing and not leaving each other’s side.”

FYI: You can listen to Carrie’s new CD “Carnival Ride” here. I’ve been listening to it non-stop for the past few hours!

From Dallas Cowboy QB Tony Romo to Chace Crawford — UPGRADE or DOWNGRADE?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Hmmm...I just don't think I believe this one...doesn't sound like Carrie...hard to imagine her being that "public" too...

I'd say let me see a pic of them together as a couple first.......

**I've never heard of this guy either....**
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

For those of you that may be buying Carrie's Carnival Ride next Tuesday, Target may be a great option. They are offering up a DVD to go along with it.

Carrie Underwood: Carnival Ride CD - Only at Target : Target

Carrie Underwood: Carnival Ride CD - Only at Target

Only at Target Carrie Underwood CD includes a bonus DVD
    • Bonus DVD contents: Carrie singing 4 tracks off the new record acoustically
    • Tracks include So Small, Get Out Of This Town, Just A Dream, The More Guys I Meet (The More I Love MY Dog)
    • Also includes interviews

+ Reply to Thread