+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

The lineups are beginning to fill up for Carries next two Opry appearances. They are looking pretty good. Hope some of you can go.

10/9 Grand Ole Opry House Tuesday Night Opry: Carrie Underwood, Trent Tomlinson, Emerson Drive, Jason Aldean

10/20 Grand Ole Opry House Ronnie Milsap, Travis Tritt, Carrie Underwood, Lorrie Morgan, Hal Ketchum

Isn't it interesting how Carrie is prominently named in this press release? Carrie, XM Radio & The Grand Ol Opry, sounds good to me...Happy Birthday Opry...

Grand Ole Opry to Debut on XM in October

Grand Ole Opry to Debut on XM in October
    XM to Be Exclusive Satellite Radio Home of the Grand Ole Opry With Live Weekly Broadcasts, Performance Archives, WSM-AM'S Eddie Stubbs, and More
    September 26, 2007: 10:26 AM EST

WASHINGTON, Sept. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- XM will be the new satellite radio home of the Grand Ole Opry beginning in October, it was announced today. Beginning with the Opry's 82nd Birthday Bash broadcast featuring Carrie Underwood, Travis Tritt, Ronnie Milsap, and more on Saturday, October 20, XM will feature the live Friday and Saturday night performances as well as the Tuesday Night Opry. Additionally, XM will offer classic broadcasts of the renowned country music show, archival performances, and "The Eddie Stubbs Show," which is hosted by regular Opry announcer Eddie Stubbs.
    (Logo: Newscom Search )
    Recognized as the preeminent showcase for country music, the Grand Ole Opry debuted on the radio airwaves in 1925 on Nashville's 650 AM WSM and can still be heard on its flagship station. Today, the Opry counts among its members such current chart-toppers as Dierks Bentley, Martina McBride, and Brad Paisley as well as country legends including Bill Anderson, Jimmy Dickens, Loretta Lynn, and Dolly Parton.
    "We are pleased that XM listeners will now be able to experience the Opry's brand of entertainment every week," said Steve Buchanan, Gaylord Entertainment senior vice president. "Airing on XM provides Opry fans throughout the country a new way to tune in to the show and presents the Opry to an audience that may have not yet discovered this uniquely American experience."
    "This is great news," said Martina McBride, an Opry member since 1995. "It's a better day for all of us when the Grand Ole Opry and all it embodies can be heard across the country on satellite radio."
    The country hits channel "Nashville" (XM 11) will feature live Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday night performances (Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET; Fridays at 9 p.m. ET; Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. ET and 10:30 p.m. ET. Encore broadcasts of new Opry episodes will air on XM's classic country music channel America (XM 10) at 10 a.m. ET every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, along with archival Opry broadcasts. Many individual performances recorded live on the Opry stage will also be featured on XM's other country music channels, including Willie's Place (XM 13), Bluegrass Junction (XM 14), Highway 16 (XM 16), and U.S. Country (XM 17).
    In addition to the Grand Ole Opry, XM will also add "The Eddie Stubbs Show" to the XM programming lineup. The popular WSM program is hosted by Eddie Stubbs, a regular announcer for the Grand Ole Opry, award-winning country music DJ, and respected country music historian. "The Eddie Stubbs Show" will premiere later this fall on XM 10.
    The arrival of the Grand Ole Opry to XM coincides with XM's Country Music Month celebration, featuring XM's month-long showcase of country music programming throughout October. Highlights include original music specials featuring Carrie Underwood, Faith Hill, Brooks & Dunn, Jack Ingram, Kris Kristofferson and Bill Anderson, among others, and exclusive programming, including broadcast of the Big State Festival from the Texas World Speedway. Complete details on XM's Country Music Month programming are available online at http://www.xmradio.com/countrymusicmonth .
    Complete programming information for XM's Grand Ole Opry broadcasts and "The Eddie Stubbs Show" will soon be available online at XM Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service .
    Opry performances are held every weekend of the year and on Tuesdays March through December. To plan an Opry visit, call (800) SEE-OPRY or log on to Grand Ole Opry : Home .

Grand Ole Opry

BROADCAST SCHEDULE
    Live Performances on Nashville - XM 11
    Fridays | 9PM ET
    Saturdays | 7:30 & 10:30 PM ET
    Tuesdays | 8PM ET
    Tune in for live performances broadcast from the historic stage of the Grand Ole Opry.
    Encore Broadcasts of Performances
    Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays | 10AM ET | America - XM 10
    Catch the encore broadcasts of the performances that orginally aired on Nashville - XM 11, as well as special archival performances from the Opry's stage.

Many of the individual live performances from the Opry's legendary stage recordings will also be featured on XM's other country music channels including Willie's Place - XM 13, Bluegrass Junction - XM 14, Highway 16 - XM 16, and U.S. Country - XM 17.

Carrie continues to get good press from Billboard.

Breaking Music News - Music Business Information - Music Industry Sales

SHE'LL TAKE THE FIFTH: In the short chart span of exactly two years and four months on Hot Country Songs, Carrie Underwood has amassed five top 10 hits. The fifth one breaks into the top 10 this week, as "So Small" (Arista) advances 11-10.

"So Small" is Underwood's eighth chart entry, but only five of those have been actively promoted to country radio by her label. These are her five top 10 hits:

"Jesus, Take the Wheel," No. 1 (2006)
    "Don't Forget to Remember Me," No. 2 (2006)
    "Before He Cheats," No. 1 (2006)
    "Wasted," No. 1 (2007)
    "So Small," No. 10 (2007)

Carrie's other three chart entries are:

"Bless the Broken Road," No. 50 (2005) [with Rascal Flatts]
    "Inside Your Heaven," No. 52 (2005)
    "I'll Stand by You," No. 41 (2007)

Carrie is already getting some great reviews from he contribution to the Christmas album that is due on the stands this morning.

Carrie Underwood: Do You Hear What I Hear || Straight Talking Country Music reviews

Carrie Underwood's voice is one of Country music's greatest assets and her contribution to a new Christmas compilation could well see it make a big show in the charts.

"Hear Something Country" has six "new" songs and Underwood's contribution - the classic "Do You Hear What I Hear" is among them.

She may be a relative newcomer, but Underwood sings this with the skill of a veteran.

It may not be Country, but what the heck, it's October so it must be Christmas.

Coquet-Shack's View: If this gets pushed as a single, it'll sell well. It'll ensure the album does well anyway!

Oh, and NASHVILLE: WHERE'S THE QUESTION MARK IN THE TITLE, or didn't you guys do grammar at school?

And evidently the part about getting pushed as a single is pretty prophetic since it is already the #1 downloaded Country song in only it’s first day of availability.

This was in my aircheck Friday email.

» Country Aircheck Today Top 5 Downloads: Here are Play MPE's Top 5 for September 28:

1 CARRIE UNDERWOOD/Do You Hear What I Hear (Arista)

For anyone interested in hearing Carries version of Do You Hear What I Hear click below:

ClearChannelMusic.com

I think this has a shot at becoming a Christmas classic & staple. Even if it is weird hearing Christmas music in Oct.. Give it a listen I think you'll have to agree, this one is very good.

FORT Regular

Hopefully one of these days, Carrie will record a Christmas album - I would love to hear her do O Holy Night.

She does a great job with Do You Hear What I Hear?

Carrie has been in Canada this week doing pr stuff for Carnival Ride. She was on a couple of talk shows, one of which was called Much On Demand. Before they brought her out the hosts said they had a surprise for her. After the interview they did indeed surprise her with a Canadian Triple Platinum award plaque. Her trophy case is going to need some wall stretchers.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2596733;
    For anyone interested in hearing Carries version of Do You Hear What I Hear click below:

ClearChannelMusic.com

I think this has a shot at becoming a Christmas classic & staple. Even if it is weird hearing Christmas music in Oct.. Give it a listen I think you'll have to agree, this one is very good.
    She has such a clear voice that anything is going to sound good... and this is definitely lovely!

Also fun to listen to was Kellie Pickler's "Santa Baby." Right up her alley.

Here is the chance of a lifetime. Carries leather seat up for auction. Current bid $600.00. This is for a charity that I’m sure Michael Vick wants no part of. There are thumbnails for viewing.

CMTauctions.com - Country Music Television Auctions

About The Auction
    We are offering a truly special opportunity to bid now for your chance to win the leather truck seat that was featured in Carrie Underwood's #1 award winning video, Before He Cheats, which won the CMT Music Award and ACM Award for Video of the Year in 2007.
    In the video, in addition to destroying the truck's exterior with a baseball bat, Carrie carved "my name into his leather seat," according to the song's lyrics, and a heart into the truck's leather driver's seat. The seat, which could either be loaded back into a truck or cleverly displayed in your home or office, is tan leather, and is a one-of-a-kind collectible that will be yours if you're the high bidder!
    Carrie has autographed and dated the seat to help raise money for two Nashville area special needs, high risk dog rescues. 100% of the net proceeds will be donated for the care of dogs (and a few cats, pigs, horses, goats, etc.) that would otherwise have no chance at a life without illness, abuse or neglect.

Carrie has just blogged on her fan site about the anticipation & nervousness she is beginning to experience with the release of Carnival Ride now just 17 days away. She mentioned her promotional trip to Canada & told everyone that this may be her last weekend to relax before the fervor begins in earnest. Sort of the calm before the storm. And there is no confirmation from her or her team on the following schedule, but her remarks lead you to believe that it could very well be true. They have "leaked" so to speak:

Grand Ole Opry Oct. 9
    Grand Ole Opry Live - October 20 (GAC)
    Good Morning America - October 23 (ABC)
    Regis & Kelly - October 24 (Syndication)
    CBS Early Show - October 2(?) (CBS)
    The Tonight Show w. Jay Leno - October 29 (NBC)
    The Ellen DeGeneres Show - November 1 (Syndication)
    CMA Awards - November 7 (ABC)
    Good Morning America - November 11 or 12 (ABC)
    Late Show w. David Letterman - November 11 or 12 (CBS)
    Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting - November 28 (NBC)
    Movies Rock - December 12 (CBS)

+ Reply to Thread