+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fanatic

Re: Carrie Underwood

actually those aren't picture pictures right. they are "stills" from the video shoot. so the captured pics from the stills make her look like she's fake posing or doing some sort of glam shots that just look weird. but she's one of those naturally beautiful women that i just hate. i'm glad she has flaws that she's admitted to cause if she was perfect. ughh.

anyways...so looking forward to her sophomore release. her 4-5 million flop. hehe. it may turn out to be a flop cause it won't match Some Hearts #s. Even if its like a 1-2 Mill short. hmm...bet a lot of people who love to have that kind of flop. but im expecting equal sales cause she and her team knows what kind of songs they want on the album and she has the marketing tool behind her. they just know what to do.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Some folks have been questioning why there has been no major PR push from Arista for So Small. Carrie has made no appearances on any of the regular Leno/Letterman type shows to sing the song, she has really done no major radio interviews to push the song. The discussion has been around the fact that the song actually debuted to high in the charts & was going to rise to fast in relation to the release of the album, so some of the push was delayed & pulled back. Well the video makes it’s debut tomorrow morning & the push has begun in full. Check out this story & click the link below to see yet another incredible photo:

Country On-Demand > News

CMT: Carrie Music Television, Sept. 20th

CMT and iTunes deliver a multi-format world premiere as CMT devotes six straight hours to two-time GRAMMY winner Carrie Underwood's first video from her highly anticipated second album when "Carrie Music Television" debuts on Thursday, Sept. 20 from 6:00 a.m.-noon, ET/PT, featuring the world television premiere of "So Small." The event coincides with the music video's world premiere for purchase at the iTunes Store, which will be the exclusive source to purchase the video throughout its debut week.

This marks the first stunt of its kind for CMT, with the video running an estimated 66 times within the six-hour span. That same morning, CMT.com will host the exclusive online stream of "So Small." The video was directed by Roman White, who won a CMT Music Award for another Underwood video, "Before He Cheats." This marks the fifth collaboration between Underwood and White.

"So Small," written by Underwood, Luke Laird, and Hillary Lindsey, broke records earlier this month when it earned the highest first-week sales of any country airplay single in digital history. The song also debuted on the Billboard/R&R country airplay chart last month as the highest entry by a solo country female artist in Nielsen BDS history.

Underwood's new 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville album, Carnival Ride, will be released Oct. 23.

Carrie's "So Small" video has been posted on justjared. There are also quite a few gorgeous pictures of her.....

yeah, the thought that it was just still didnt hit me..duh lol Im glad..I dont want her to start looking fake to lol
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

As So Small continues to climb higher into the Top 10 on the Country Charts, I thought maybe an update on the incredible success of Before He Cheats would be appropriate. From Billboard Magazine.

Breaking Music News - Music Business Information - Music Industry Sales

WILL 'BEFORE' BE FIVE: Four short weeks ago, Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" (Arista) was sitting just outside the top 20 longest-charting songs in the history of the Hot 100. Now, "Cheats" is in the top 10, and closing in on a berth in the top five.

The top 10 is actually a top 12, thanks to four songs being tied for ninth place. One of those songs is "Cheats," which dips 32-39 in its 55th week. Next week, "Cheats" will break away from that four-way tie and be level with singles by Paula Cole and Faith Hill. If "Cheats" can last another four weeks after that, it will be one of only five songs to remain on the Hot 100 for 60 weeks or longer.

"Cheats" remains strong in radio spins, slipping 19-21 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart, an indication that it still has the power to remain in the upper half of the Hot 100, where it is safe from elimination.

The 12 songs that have lasted 55 weeks or longer on the Hot 100 are:

69 weeks: "How Do I Live," LeAnn Rimes (1997)
    65 weeks: "You Were Meant for Me" / "Foolish Games," Jewel (1997)
    62 weeks: "You and Me," Lifehouse (2005)
    60 weeks: "Macarena" (Bayside Boys Mix), Los Del Rio (1996)
    58 weeks: "Smooth," Santana featuring Rob Thomas (1999)
    58 weeks: "How to Save a Life," The Fray (2006)
    56 weeks: "I Don't Want to Wait," Paula Cole (1998)
    56 weeks: "The Way You Love Me," Faith Hill (2001)
    55 weeks; "Missing," Everything But the Girl (1996)
    55 weeks: "Barely Breathing," Duncan Sheik (1997)
    55 weeks: "Amazed," Lonestar (2000)
    55 weeks: "Before He Cheats," Carrie Underwood (2007)

Sony BMG has outed the Track Listing for Carnival Ride. It's tough to decide what a song will be like from just the title, but we do know there are a bunch of Hilary Lindsey songs & Carrie has 4 co-writing credits. From all reports Flat on the Floor is a doozy in the vein of Before He Cheats. It was originally recorded by Katrina Elam, but her album was pulled & Carrie got the song.

1. Flat On The Floor - (Ashley Monroe/ Brett James) |
    2. All-American Girl - (Ashley Gorley, Carrie Underwood, John Kelly Lovelace)
    3. So Small - (Robert Luke Laird, Hillary Lee Lindsay, Carrie Underwood)
    4. Just A Dream - (Gordie Sampson, Steven McEwan, Hillary Lindsay)
    5. Get Out Of This Town - (Gordie Sampson, Steven McEwan, Hillary Lindsay)
    6. Crazy Dreams - (George Berry Dean, Troy Verges, Carrie Underwood)
    7. I Know You Won't -(Wendell Mobley)
    8. Last Name - (Robert Luke Laird, Hillary Lee Lindsay, Carrie Underwood)
    9. You Won't Find This - (Cathy Dennis, Tom Shapiro)
    10. I Told You So - (Bruce Traywick ((Randy Travis Cover)
    11. The More Boys I Meet - ( Scott Gorden Kennedy, Steven McEwan)
    12. Twisted - (Robert Luke Laird, Hillary Lee Lindsay, Brett James)
    13. Wheel Of The World - (Hillary Lindsey, Chris Lindsey and Aimee Mayo

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Hmmm...a Randy Travis cover song, huh?? That will be interesting to hear......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2582419;
    Hmmm...a Randy Travis cover song, huh?? That will be interesting to hear......
    Randy Travis has always been Carries' Dad's favorite. Carrie met him once when he opened a show for her, yeah I know that's wierd but it happened, & she said that was the most nervous she has ever been about meeting anyone. He left her speechless & she shed a tear it was so overwhelming. So I believe this is in tribute to Randy as well as her Dad.

I guess it was just a matter of time, but Carrie is a part of the second wave of performers announced for the CMA Awards show.

Shooter Jennings to play the 'Opry' first time Tuesday - Nashville, Tennessee - Monday, 09/24/07 - Tennessean.com

More names added to CMAs
    Brooks & Dunn, Brad Paisley, Sugarland, Josh Turner and Carrie Underwood have been added to the list of performers at the Nov. 7 Country Music Association Awards.
    The big question remains, what will the show's format be this year? Brooks & Dunn have stepped down after hosting for three years.
    "It was never our intention to be the ongoing hosts of the CMA Awards," the duo say in a release. "Each of the three years we hosted were special."
    So far, Vince Gill, host for 13 years, isn't coming out of emcee retirement for this one. (Of course, it would be just like Vince to step in once again if needed.)
    Will the CMAs go with one host or instead opt for a multi-person format to take advantage of the star-studded night?
    You might be asking yourself, what country artists aren't playing the CMAs this year? It's safe to say we won't see Tim McGraw, Faith Hill or Toby Keith that night. Will the CMAs court Garth Brooks this year? We'll have to wait and see.
    Tickets begin at $164 and are available at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 255-9600.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Will the CMAs court Garth Brooks this year? We'll have to wait and see.
    Tickets begin at $164 and are available at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 255-9600.
    Hell, I'd pay $164 if they got Garth to host the CMA's!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread