+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fan

Re: Carrie Underwood

[QUOTE=bbnbama;2559627;]I guess I would have to respectfully disagree with this assessment....I've gotten the impression that most of the people on this board have come to love Carrie and appreciate her achievements even if they don't always post a response to all the great information that razorbacker provides us.

The latter part may be true but 90 percent or so of this website--or at least those that post--had a strong dislike for her during her winning run and predicted major failure. I remember nearly all the comments in the show threads ripping her singing, calling her fat, bashing country music, and saying all she ever did was stand in one place even after the admittedly rare performances like Sin Wagon and Love is a Battlefield where she moved around a lot. Everyone gets criticized here and I have no problem with that, but no one with her level of talent and popularity got such flack from an overwhelming majority of fort posters to that point and probably since.

As to any reevaluation of Carrie post idol, I've long stopped reading the live show threads but most of the comments about her I have read in the remaining threads haven't shown me that that 90 percent dislike has dropped anywhere near the more normal 50-50 like/dislike that love them or hate them people like Clay, Taylor, and Fantasia receive. Her accomplishments and vocal skills are belittled, said to be only due to some PTB manipulation or that its no sweat to excel in the country music world, that her looks alone are what sells albums and wins awards, and so on. Nevertheless, I hope that you are right and people are coming around to respect her whether or not they like her music or performance style.

Hey everybody, don't forget the Fashion Rocks show tonight on CBS. Carrie is going to be singing a duet with Lindsey Buckingham. Carrie says they are singing Go Your Own Way. Should be good.

Pictures of Carrie at the FashionRocks concert are up at justjared.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Carrie is getting some great comments from the show & the Red Carpet last night. For anyone interested click on the link below for photos. They are almost at the bottom of the page. And I must say the White Dress on the Red Carpet is about as good as I have ever seen her look. Yeow!

Just Jared

Or you can also see it here:

Who Rocked Fashion Rocks? | Hollyscoop

Thursday night's Fashion Rocks event in NYC brought out some of the industries biggest names. With performances by Fergie and Aerosmith, it was the official 'do not miss' event of Fashion Week.

If you’re at a fashion event the red carpet can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. You're either going to get praised for the next few weeks for your style or your going to get attacked by the fashion police in the rags.

A pregnant Nicole Richie definitely stole the show with a chic chiffon halter dress. Pregnancy has certainly done wonders for the petite star, for she's never looked better!

A-list hottie Jessica Alba looked absolutely stunning in tight black frock with chain details. Her simple hair do added to her flawless look. She definitely rocked the carpet.

She may be a desperate housewife on TV, but Teri Hatcher looked anything but on the red carpet. Hatcher was rocking a Badgley Mischka two-tone gown.

'American Idol' princess Carrie Underwood looked fabulous in a short sequined white mini dress with silver strapped heels. The hair, the makeup, the accessories--flawless

FORT Fanatic

razorback. thanks for all the updates and info.

carrie was awesome. coming back and busting out with the guitar playing. woo hoo! that was an awesome duet she and lindsey did.

on what doug123 said in his last post. i agree with him. not necessary about here on Fort but nearly every other forum hated/bashed/trashed/etc her with few admitting they were fans of hers. its one of the reasons why i came here instead of other forums cause it was less vicious than the rests.

im glad she's proving them wrong. even though some may still hate on her or still don't respect her she's laughing all the way to the bank. and raking in the awards.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

The schedule for the GMA Fall Concert series has been announced. Both Carrie & Jordin are set to perform. Carrie’s date just co-incidentally happens to be the release date for her new album (I'm telling you the team behind this girl never misses a trick, it is pretty impressive to sit back & observe them in action). Here is at least what we know so far. I originally saw a larger list, & there are lot's of holes in this schedule so I expect it to change but this is what is on ABC’S web site.

ABC News: GMA 2007 Fall Concert Schedule

GMA 2007 Fall Concert Schedule*
    9/13 -- Kenny Chesney
    9/20 -- Reba McEntire
    9/25 -- Rascal Flatts
    10/2 -- Faith Hill
    10/9 -- Jennifer Lopez
    10/10 -- Sara Evans
    10/23 -- Carrie Underwood
    11/20 -- Jordin Sparks
    * Performances may be subject to change. Keep an eye on the schedule to stay up to date

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Thanks to razor...Here is the cover photo of the latest Billboard magazine...

Here is a ad in the magazine as a Thank You from Simon Fuller and 19 Management and one from Creative Artists Agency...

Some interesting info too......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I don’t know if any of you have been following what has been going on with the Country Charts this past week. But,Garth Brooks new song More Than A Memory was the first Country song in History to debut at the #1 position. It was a pretty interesting thing to see. There was so much obvious manipulation going on it was almost comical. And everyone else on the chart suffered a loss of airplay because of it, with some stations playing Garth as often as every hour for a solid week. Then once the chart positions were set at the end of the week, the song began to drop & is now already back down to #8. So Small was definitely effected negatively as the song lost Chart position by dropping to #13, & for a couple of days even lost it's bullit by losing spins from the week before. The video for So Small will debut on Thursday & the media blitz is now beginning so it is going to be interesting to see what happens.

But now the song is available for download & as you can see by the below article Carrie has set yet another record.

CMT.com : Carrie Underwood : Carrie Underwood's "So Small" Makes Digital History

Carrie Underwood's "So Small" Makes Digital History

Carrie Underwood's "So Small" enters Billboard's digital song chart at No. 6 this week, with 70,808 downloads. The song has earned the greatest first-week sales of any country airplay single in the history of the digital chart. Underwood's rendition of the Pretenders' "I'll Stand by You," recorded for a charity episode of American Idol, remains the best-debuting digital track by a country artist. "So Small" will be featured on Underwood's new album, Carnival Ride, due Oct. 23.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2566194;
    I don’t know if any of you have been following what has been going on with the Country Charts this past week. But,Garth Brooks new song More Than A Memory was the first Country song in History to debut at the #1 position. It was a pretty interesting thing to see. There was so much obvious manipulation going on it was almost comical.
    Aww now razor Garth is my man.....don't be ugly about him (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the song )

How 'bout a Garth/Carrie duet?? 2 of the biggest powerhouses in country music...WOW...that would be so awesome
    Last edited by bbnbama; 09-11-2007 at 02:36 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2566206;
    Aww now razor Garth is my man.....don't be ugly about him

How 'bout a Garth/Carrie duet?? 2 of the biggest powerhouses in country music...WOW...that would be so awesome
    I don't have anything against Garth, but this whole insident was just crazy. He even flew a whole bunch of radio programmers to his ranch for the album announcement. I have been reading many forums & this has left a bad taste in the mouths of many people.

How bout a whole album of just Oklahoma Country Stars. Carrie, Garth, Reba, Blake Shelton, Ronnie Dunn, & now that Trisha Yearwood is living on the Garth North 40 we could include her. But, there are others that I think I'm missing.

I had to edit this to say How could I forget that other Oklahoma boy Vince Gill?
    Last edited by razorbacker; 09-11-2007 at 02:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread