+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I found what the video shoot is from.

Carrie will be singing a song called EVER AFTER from a new Disney Movie titled Enchanted. The movie will be released November 21st & stars Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, Susan Sarandon & the voice of Julie Andrews among others. Carrie was shooting the video to the soundtrack in LA last week.

Here is a plot description from IMDB.

Enchanted (2007) - Plot summary

In an animated fairy tale world, a young girl meets and falls in love with the handsome prince of her dreams. News of this romance upsets the prince's mother, the evil queen, who uses her black magic to send the girl hurtling out of the animated world into the one place in the universe where there is no true love: modern day Manhattan. The now-real girl has to survive in New York City and find her way home again to her true love.

I know there are a lot of you out there reading this thread, the views count keeps going up, but I guess I am very surprised that no one commented on the above post. Carrie now has not only the 19 marketing clout, but also the 500 lb. gorilla of marketing entities behind her. Disney & all their synergistic possibilities could help to break Carrie on a worldwide basis. If this song is good it could do for Carrie what Breakaway did for Kelly. Not to mention the video will be seen over & over by a worldwide audience on the Disney Channel. I am always amazed at the way "Team Carrie" seems to make one briliant move after another to give her every opportunity to expand on her audience. But maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2557297;
    I know there are a lot of you out there reading this thread, the views count keeps going up, but I guess I am very surprised that no one commented on the above post. Carrie now has not only the 19 marketing clout, but also the 500 lb. gorilla of marketing entities behind her. Disney & all their synergistic possibilities could help to break Carrie on a worldwide basis. If this song is good it could do for Carrie what Breakaway did for Kelly. Not to mention the video will be seen over & over by a worldwide audience on the Disney Channel. I am always amazed at the way "Team Carrie" seems to make one briliant move after another to give her every opportunity to expand on her audience. But maybe that's just me.
    razor I read it, and I may have made those comments if all that stuff had ever crossed my mind! I did think it would be a great opportunity, but that's as far as I considered it. But you are correct when you say that it appears the people behind her keep making brilliant moves. And she is listening and working with them.

I really like her new song and am very excited about her new album. I think they did a phenominal job with her first one.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Carrie at Fashion Week this week....

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks again for the photos BB. You are much appreciated.

Here is a blurb from someone that was at this show. You can read the whole article by clicking the link, but I edited it to the part about Carrie.

Fashion | Sun-Sentinel Blogs: Gwen Stefani "front-rows" Eve, Diddy, Carrie Underwood

The show was suppose to start at 8 p.m., so of course hardly anyone was there until 8:30.
    I looked up and there was rapper Eve looking all caramel delish. What color is that hair? This is so much better than having Lil’ Kim around (she never pronounced anyone's name correctly). I would also accept Queen Latifah, but she’s always working that one.
    Anyway, Eve was working the press when in walks Sophia Bush.
    And the spotlight battle was on. Sophia held her own for awhile posing for endless paparazzi shots, but Eve handled her bid-ness by dragging the photogs with her as she plopped down in her front-row seat and began giving interviews left and right. The girl was quoting her you-know-what off.
    But then Miss Carrie Underwood came in and that was all over. Even I ran over to see her. You will understand her flawlessness when I tell you this: she wore horizontal stripes to a fashion show and managed to look superb. That girl is an original.

PS: Just as a brief aside to this. Carrie had a photo shoot this week & will be on the cover of an upcoming issue of Glamour Magazine. I presume they will time it for the release of the album & will most likely be the Nov. Issue, but I don't know that for sure.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2557297;
    I know there are a lot of you out there reading this thread, the views count keeps going up, but I guess I am very surprised that no one commented on the above post.
    A lot of that has to do w/ the fact that Carrie has never been well liked by the majority of this website, and her success alone and it compared to the faves of the majority is not welcomed by many of her detractors. But those of us that love her cannot get enough of her continued achievements.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;2559594;
    A lot of that has to do w/ the fact that Carrie has never been well liked by the majority of this website, and her success alone and it compared to the faves of the majority is not welcomed by many of her detractors. But those of us that love her cannot get enough of her continued achievements.
    I guess I would have to respectfully disagree with this assessment....I've gotten the impression that most of the people on this board have come to love Carrie and appreciate her achievements even if they don't always post a response to all the great information that razorbacker provides us.

I do think there was alot of criticism back when she was on AI because of her lack of stage presence compared to some of her fellow competitors but I think we all have seen (lovers and haters of Carrie) how much she has grown and learned over the last few years and I think we also can appreciate how much she still shows her appreciation for how she got her start with AI by always remembering to thank AI and how well she represents the AI "brand".

I was clearly a Bo Bice supporter that season but I understood that with her voice and yes, her looks that she could do very well in the country music business and today I feel like a proud mama whenever she wins another award.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well said, bbnbama.

There are closeups of that same appearance by Carrie at that FashionWeek show on justjared. Scroll down currently on the front page to the article entitled Sophia Bush at Fashion Week... and in the enclosed pictures there are two with Carrie and Sophia. Her face is done in a more neutral palette and with the side swept bangs she looks stunning.

Well shoot... now that I scroll even further down... Carrie has her own section there with a ton of pics! Go check it out!
    Last edited by Broadway; 09-06-2007 at 11:52 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2559654;
    Well shoot... now that I scroll even further down... Carrie has her own section there with a ton of pics! Go check it out!
    That young lady is absolutely gorgeous, no doubt.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2559627;
    I do think there was alot of criticism back when she was on AI because of her lack of stage presence compared to some of her fellow competitors but I think we all have seen (lovers and haters of Carrie) how much she has grown and learned over the last few years...

I always thought Carrie had an amazing voice and beautiful appearance, though I was irked by her lack of stage presence in her season (for those who haven't gathered, I tend to factor performance/charisma a lot into my preferences, not just vocals.) However I agree that she has come a very long way since then (and I was particularly tickled when she dabbled in some metalish moments! ) Anyway I'm still not really a fan because I don't care for most of her music, but I respect her immensely and find her interesting to follow.

razorbacker - Don't feel badly. I thought there were tons of Daughtry fans but no one commented about the awesome (and still available for free and legal listening and viewing!) footage I mentioned in his thread. While I check Carrie's thread only occasionally, I always admire a devoted fan who posts info.

P.S. I'm not surprised, however, that so few of us mention my Constantine.
    Last edited by lei; 09-06-2007 at 06:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread