+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Carrie shows up in some surprising places sometimes. There was a link to a you tube video of the duet, but I cut it due to board restrictions.

Brad On 2

Carrie hangs out with Vince’s Crue
    By Brad - view all of Brad's posts
    August 13th, 2007 - 9:23 pm

Did you know that Carrie Underwood is just crazy for the ’80s rock bands?
    So she and her girlfriends couldn’t resist going down to see Friday night’s show for Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil.

And Carrie couldn’t resist jumping on the stage and singing with Vince. One of my fave parts of the story: Carrie sang the song Kickstart My Heart, which has a profane word in there that means “tush.” But Carrie wouldn’t sing that word.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2525795;
    Carrie shows up in some surprising places sometimes....
    How fun that she's turned out to be so eclectic. I'm really tickled by her hair-metal side.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Carrie and Crue...

thanks to razor for leading me to the photo!

Rock on Carrie!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Even thought this was week #91 & we are certaintly seeing the final days of big sales for Some Hearts it still sold just North of 17,000 this week to put the total at a bit over 5.85 million. The album dropped to #37 on the Billboard Top 200 but remains at #4 on the Country Charts.

Before He Cheats remains at #6 on the AC Charts for yet another week & has now been on that chart for 50 straight weeks.

Following the big debut week for So Small the song has now moved up to #17 & is still showing big gains in airplay & audience impressions.

As of this mornings Mediabase update Carrie has another Top 10 hit. So Small is at #10 in only the 3rd week of release & looks to have a great shot of being as high as # 7 by the time the charts close on Sunday Evening. As you can see from the below info she has gained 7 spots in the past week alone.

lw TW Artist Title TW lw Move Aud./mill

9 9 TIM MCGRAW I Need You (w/Faith ... 3228 3259 -31 21.419

17 10 CARRIE UNDERWOOD So Small 2949 2145 804 21.987

This was week #92 of Some Hearts chart reign. This week the album falls 37-42, selling 16,000 (down 8&#37 for a total of 5.87 million. 16,000 is the lowest weekly sales level that the album has ever seen, but after 92 weeks that is just an incredible accomplishment & if you take into account Kelly’s My December sold only 3,000 more than Some Hearts this week it puts it all into a bit of perspective.

So Small continues to rise up the charts & stands at #9 on the mediabase chart this morning. From here on out, the sledding is only going to get tougher. All the songs from 1 - 10 are closely packed, with the exception of Never Wanted Nothing More by Kenny Chesney. This song is dropping, but after spending 5 weeks at #1 that is to be expected.

Carrie has blogged that the video for So Small is finished with the exception of the editing process. Evidently they shut down one of the Nashville thoroughfares for a night for filming purposes. I am looking forward to seeing what they have come up with.

razorbacker thanks so much for all your posts. I read all the tidbits and am glad you know where to find such info, and share it.

Here are a couple of news blasts from today that include Carrie:

First a new Christmas Album is on the way.

Carrie Underwood spearheads new Christmas compilation disc

Carrie Underwood spearheads new Christmas compilation disc
    Thursday, August 23, 2007 – Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney and Brooks & Dunn contribute holiday songs to an upcoming Christmas compilation disc coming out in October.
    "Hear Something Country Christmas" drops Oct. 2 from SonyBMG with 14 songs. Six were recorded exclusively for this collection.
    Underwood, who will release her own CD later in October, will be represented by a brand new version of "Do You Hear What I Hear," while Paisley sings "Winter Wonderland," which he previously released.
    New songs, in addition to Underwood's, come from Sara Evans ("I'll Be Home for Christmas"), Terri Clark ("O Little Town of Bethlehem"), Kellie Pickler's rendition of "Santa Baby," Keith Anderson ("Please Come Home For Christmas") and Terri Clark ("O Little Town of Bethlehem")
    The complete track listing is:
    "Do You Hear What I Hear" - Carrie Underwood
    "Winter Wonderland" - Brad Paisley
    "Let It Be Christmas" - Alan Jackson
    "Jingle Bells" - Kenny Chesney
    "Santa Baby" - Kellie Pickler
    "Away in a Manger" - Blaine Larsen
    "Please Come Home for Christmas" - Keith Anderson
    "O Little Town of Bethlehem" - Terri Clark
    "Merry Christmas from the Family" - Montgomery Gentry
    "Let's Make a Little Christmas Tonight" - Phil Vassar
    "I'll Be Home for Christmas" - Sara Evans
    "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town" - Brooks & Dunn
    "O Come All Ye Faithful" - Martina McBride
    "Silent Night" - Johnny Cash

And then there is this news on the success of Before He Cheats

Breaking Music News - Music Business Information - Music Industry Sales

HEAT FOR 'CHEATS': Only 20 songs in the history of the Hot 100 have had a longer chart run than Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" (Arista), which slides 24-28 in its 51st chart week. It's the longest run for a charted title since "How to Save a Life" by the Fray completed its run at 58 weeks.

The 20 songs that have lasted longer than 51 weeks are:

69 weeks: "How Do I Live," LeAnn Rimes (1997)
    65 weeks: "You Were Meant for Me" / "Foolish Games," Jewel (1997)
    62 weeks: "You and Me," Lifehouse (2005)
    60 weeks: "Macarena" (Bayside Boys Mix), Los Del Rio (1996)
    58 weeks: "Smooth," Santana featuring Rob Thomas (1999)
    58 weeks: "How to Save a Life," The Fray (2006)
    56 weeks: "I Don't Want to Wait," Paula Cole (1998)
    56 weeks: "The Way You Love Me," Faith Hill (2001)
    55 weeks; "Missing," Everything But the Girl (1996)
    55 weeks: "Barely Breathing," Duncan Sheik (1997)
    54 weeks: "December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)," Four Seasons (1976, 1994)
    54 weeks: "Unwell," Matchbox Twenty (2003)
    54 weeks: "Hanging by a Moment," Lifehouse (2001)
    54 weeks: "Higher," Creed (2000)
    53 weeks: "Too Close," Next (1998)
    53 weeks: "Breathe," Faith Hill (2000)
    53 weeks: "Kryptonite," 3 Doors Down (2000)
    53 weeks: "Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)," Train (2001)
    52 weeks: "Truly Madly Deeply," Savage Garden (1998)
    52 weeks: "How's It Going to Be," Third Eye Blind (1998)

Tied at the 51-week mark with "Before He Cheats" are "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down (2003) and "What Hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts (2006). Since it is still in the top 30 of the Hot 100, "Before He Cheats" stands a good chance to join the top 10 of the longevity list.

Just a bit of background on this. Donna Reynolds has always been a very vocal Bo Bice fan, even to the extent of previously expressing her disgust with the fact that Carrie won AI 4 & she was more than a little beside herself when Carrie began to outsell Bo by big margins. But, little by little, Donna has begun to see the Carrie that many saw from the beginning. Here is her review from Carrie's concert at the NY State Fair last night.

Carrie Underwood at the New York State Fair - Idol Thoughts on Syracuse.com

Carrie Underwood at the New York State Fair
    Posted by Donna Reynolds August 26, 2007 11:24PM
    Categories: American Idol, Entertainment
    Back in March 2005, after Carrie Underwood sang "Alone" during the top 11 performance show, Simon Cowell stunned viewers, saying, "Carrie, you're not just the girl to beat, you're the person to beat, I'll make this prediction -- not only will you win this competition, you'll sell more records than any other 'Idol' winner." At the time, Kelly Clarkson was the undisputed queen of Idol sales and it was hard to imagine that anyone, let alone a country singer, could come close to matching her sales and popularity.

Of course, Carrie won American Idol 4, and along the way, Simon's prediction turned out to be 100 percent correct. Carrie's first album, Some Hearts, has been certified six times platinum, and recently, sales of the album surpassed U.S. sales for Kelly's Breakaway to become the best selling Idol-related album of all times.

Sunday night, Carrie Underwood returned to the state fair for the second year in a row and proved that none of this is a fluke. In fact, in the two-plus years since winning American Idol, Carrie has polished up her act and now is not only an excellent singer, which was never in doubt, but a very good performer as well. She's a bit thinner and has loosened up on stage so that she really appeared to be having a great time.

Carrie's set concentrated mostly on songs from the album. She opened with "Young and Beautiful," and moved through several others, including "Wasted," "Don't Forget to Remember Me," and "Lessons Learned." "Before He Cheats" was one of the highlights of the show, inspiring most of the women in audience (and some men) to sing along enthusiastically! She did a beautiful job on "I'll Stand by You," one of my favorites from the show.

Carrie talked a bit about how grateful she was to American Idol, and to the opportunities being on the show has afforded her, which led into her first single, "Inside Your Heaven."

The big surprise of the show was her cover of Guns & Roses "Sweet Child of Mine." This was decided un-Carrie-like, but very well-executed complete with a scarf on the microphone stand ala Steve Perry. She also sang "So Small," the first single from her second album. "Jesus, Take the Wheel" and "Some Hearts" closed out the set.

Carrie Underwood has earned her country stripes. Her voice remains stellar and she's become a solid performer, connecting with her audience and with her songs. Yet she's never forgotten where she came from and seems to have retained a level of humility that is rather endearing. All in all, the show was an enjoyable way to spend a late-summer evening.

Fashion Rocks is a Fashion/Rock & Roll show in NYC for Charity. It will air on CBS Friday Sept. 7th. It was known quite some time ago that Carrie would be one of the performers on the show, but just yesterday they announced duet partners for everyone. Look who Carrie is going to be teamed with:

Zahn spells out her tryst?

Alicia Keys' reps are denying talk that she's miffed with the Weinstein Co. because it didn't use one of her songs in "The Nanny Diaries." In fact, we hear the Grammy winner's acting in the comedy is drawing such good buzz she's up for the movie version of "Sex and the City." Meanwhile, Keys is due to team up with Carlos Santana at the Conde Nast Fashion Rocks concert on Sept. 6. Also dueting: Carrie Underwood and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham; Mary J. Blige and Usher; and Fergie and Ludacris. Jeremy Piven will emcee. Presenters include Jessica Alba, 50 Cent and Tommy Hilfiger.

+ Reply to Thread