+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 423 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Knox
    Dean might be upset because a country girl from Oklahoma does not know how to react to a gay guy.

Quote Originally Posted by connie
    Apparently Dean(the hairdresser) in his weekly radio backstage gossip call in has said she's as vacant as she appears to be. The back stage crew don't think very highly of Miss Carrie.
    I've never heard about this radio show....When is it on? And what station?
    kitty-cats rule!

He calls in to KISSFM in Chicago every Wed morning to discuss the show with the DJ's. This week he said talking to Carrie is like hearing crickets and she's definately not all there, although she has a nice voice. Another not so favorite is Jessica, apparently she's a real complainer.

I can't imagine 19E letting someone call in on a regular basis to talk trash about their 'Idols' ... especially if the guy doesn'thave his voice altered and use a fake name!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    Dean might be upset because a country girl from Oklahoma does not know how to react to a gay guy.
    :rolleyes

In the 21st century, even "a country girl from Oklahoma" should know "how to react to a gay guy"...

You get what you vote for Y2Kevbug11's Avatar
    Gee, lobeck! There aren't any gay people in Oklahoma! None whatsoever!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy
    Carrie Underwood has, perhaps, the single most extraordinary vocal talent ever found in any AI contestant in any year. Her voice is absolutely glorious.

Her delivery is completely vacuous. She smiles through songs about heartbreak and betrayal, and I've never seen so much as a glimmer of an indication that she has the slightest idea what she's singing about. Now, ten years down the road she may have the life experience she needs to lend meaningful delivery to the words she sings, but not yet.
    Amen. It depresses me. I hope that she does develop this additional capacity, because I would like to be able to fully enjoy that voice. As it is, I don't very often because elements like her phrasing and her facial expression often run contrary to the feeling of the music and lyrics, and I feel just plain disconcerted by her performances. I hope time helps.

FORT Fan
    Personally, I think her expressions are fine. She seems a little nervous perhaps, but that does not detract from my enjoyment of her looks and voice.

FORT Fogey
    I wonder if people who said that LaToya had a "technically proficient" voice but didnt emote well enough for them are people who are excusing Carrie's seemingly lack of ability to emote.

While Carrie is a great vocalist, I don't think she should be the American Idol. The Idol should be able to sing, move well on the stage, do video, concert, promotions etc. They are looking for a real star. Can you imagine sitting through an hour or two of a Carrie Underwood concert? I'd rather watch Constantine, Bo, Nadia, Jessica, or even Mikalah, who would at least entertain. And I so did not buy Carrie as a rocker when she sang Heart's "Alone." Also, I love country music, but Carrie got pegged as the country singer by singing...Tiffany? I do think Carrie is at her best when she actually sings country instead of mixing the country image with other types of songs.

+ Reply to Thread