+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Yeah Carrie has done great with her first album, what year did she win American Idol?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2496095;
    Yeah Carrie has done great with her first album, what year did she win American Idol?
    She won in May 2005.

Considering the fact that no one actually played So Small until late yesterday afternoon the song did incredibly well. The song enters the Country chart at #56 with 145 spins and 1.421 million AIs. It looks as though once the end of week totals have been compiled & the actual chart positions set on Sunday afternoon, that So Small may actually debut as high as Top 20 or 25. I hope some of you have had a chance to hear it, it is yet another great song.

FORT Regular

I heard the song this morning - sounds like another good one.

At the end of the song, she talked - is this going to be on the album?

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;2497090;
    I heard the song this morning - sounds like another good one.

At the end of the song, she talked - is this going to be on the album?
    The song will be on the album. But, I don't know anything about her talking. I haven't heard it. Unless she had just taped something for your radio station.

It seems as though this song is going to hit the top quick, maybe too quick. Only 36 hrs. after release it sits at #41, So Small (+247 spins, 2.604 million AIs) with 392 spins and 4.025 million AIs. And So Small is now being played on 127 stations. It also tops the Taking Off chart with 218 spins on 22 stations. It is an absolute vocal masterpeice. I know I have a tendency to gush when it comes to Carrie, but this song showcases her vocal abilities to the best extent yet.

FORT Regular

I haven't heard the song again to see if the talking at the end is specific to this one station...I'll listen to the other country station here to see if they have her talking.

I wish I could remember what she said - all I remember is that she said 'you know' alot.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2496856;
    The song enters the Country chart at #56 with 145 spins and 1.421 million AIs.
    What does AIs stand for?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2500537;
    What does AIs stand for?

Thanks.
    A.I. = Audience Impressions.

They take the Neilsen ratings for all the radio stations that play the song. Then they look at what time of day the song was played. From this they determine how many people should have been listening to the station at that particular time of day. Then they add all the listeners together & get total listening audience (audience impressions). So they are saying that for these first 145 spins there were 1.421 million people that should have heard the song.

just a heads up for those who have not heard it, it is streaming on aol's website
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

+ Reply to Thread