+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2487019;
    I hope SOMEONE watches this, I'm beginning to feel pretty lonely in here. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
    You are not alone in here razorbacker....that was a great performance...I already knew that the Sweet Child of Mine performance was good....being a lover of 80's hair bands...I also appreciate her version of Skid Row's song too!

She was awesome tonight on the CMA Music Fest show on ABC....I kept looking for you somewhere in the crowd...I figured I would be able to see your Frankenstein head somewhere in the crowd!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2487683;
    Well I had to join the party. That was impressive -- I admit I had my doubts but she did a beautiful job, very powerful. And so I dared to check out her version of "Sweet Child" (I'm still damaged from Sheryl Crow's version) and it is amazing.

Thanks for the heads-up!
    I'm glad you liked them. I think Carrie continues to open some eyes to just how talented she is.

Just a quick note. Carrie has blogged on her fan club site to let everyone know that the album is progressing nicely, there has been a decision made on the new single, & then hints that it willl be on radio "soon" & that some may see it's debut during one of the live shows in the near future.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2488321;
    I'm glad you liked them. I think Carrie continues to open some eyes to just how talented she is.
    Indeed, and here was a thought I had later:

I always found it easy to say that she has a beautiful voice, and is a beautiful person inside and out. I never thought I'd find myself saying, "Carrie rocks."

I wish her continued success.

Week #88 of the Some Hearts era is in the books & the sales continue on a pretty impressive pace. Carrie drops to #30 on the Billboard Top 200 but is still in the Top 5 on the Country Charts coming in at #4.

She experienced only a 7% sales decline from last week to finish with a rounded 22,000 sold & now has a total of 5.79 million. Due to the CMA Music Fest special on ABC this week I expect a small bump for next week. I doubt it will be anything major but regardless she is getting ever so close to passing Breakaway as the highest selling Idol album.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2489804;
    Week #88 of the Some Hearts era is in the books & the sales continue on a pretty impressive pace. Carrie drops to #30 on the Billboard Top 200 but is still in the Top 5 on the Country Charts coming in at #4.

She experienced only a 7% sales decline from last week to finish with a rounded 22,000 sold & now has a total of 5.79 million. Due to the CMA Music Fest special on ABC this week I expect a small bump for next week. I doubt it will be anything major but regardless she is getting ever so close to passing Breakaway as the highest selling Idol album.
    How many does she have to sell to pass Kelly's album?

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;2490883;
    How many does she have to sell to pass Kelly's album?
    They are between 20,000 - 30,000 apart. But, Breakaway has seen an uptick in sales since the release of My December (Some Hearts will experience much the same thing once her second album comes out). At this point Some Hearts is outselling Breakaway by around 15,000 -18,000 per week, give or take a few. So it won't be long.

FORT Regular

Wow - I didn't realize the numbers were that close.

Amazing how well Carrie has done with this first album. I really hope her next album is just as good - if not better.

Carrie just let the fan club in on the latest. Her new single will be released for radio play on Monday. The title is So Small & it is one of the songs she co-wrote. Those lucky individuals that will be at the Dixon fair in N. Cal. tonight are going to see the debut. Wish I could be there & I sure am looking forward to hearing it.

As I said in the post above Carrie, debuted her new single last night at the Dixon Fair in N. Ca.. There are multiple audio as well as video clips on the net already. Some of the qualities aren't so good which makes the lyrics a bit tough to understand. I guess that is what you get for bootleg, but one thing there is no mistaking is that this is a vocal tour de force from Carrie. I have been reading first impressions across the internet this morning & this song is being Universally applauded & there is no one that doesn't think there is another mega hit on the way from Carrie. I think it is well worth your time to search youtube & give it a listen. This is one of those vocals that says the Female Vocalist of the Year is back & back in a big way.

I'm hearing a tremendous amount of buzz that this song will be busting out on Radio all across the country at the same time in the next hour or so. People have been emailing & calling stations asking the DJ's to play it & the response has been almost unanimous. "We are supposed to have it in our hands this afternoon & we will play it during the afternoon rush."

+ Reply to Thread