+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fanatic

Re: Carrie Underwood

Thanks Razorback - I always felt there were a number of other songs off of the Some Hearts album that could also be sucesses... but I guess they'll be left for me and the other 6 million other people that have bought her album, lol!

Love the carrie-okie - hee hee

The latest edition of Billboard magazine is showing an October 30th release date for Carries next album. The timing couldn’t be better. This is the week before the CMA Awards show, it is also going to give her the full Holiday shopping season for sales.

Here is the list of albums scheduled for that date. I’m thinking there should be no problem with getting the #1 album.

Source: the print edition of Billboard magazine 7/14/2007

October 30

Red Carpet Massacre - Duran Duran
    Carrie Underwood
    The Cool - Lupe Fiasco
    Seether
    This Moment - Steven Curtis Chapman

Carries first album was so successful. I think she's just beautiful.

In the absence of a new single from Carrie I thought it was interesting when I looked at the Mediabase Country charts this morning & saw that even though it was never officially released as a single I’ll Stand By You is still hanging around at #52. And in the spirit of the of July 4th Hoilday Carrie is at #58 with her rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.

As far as Before He Cheats goes it is still #7 on the AC Charts & is maintaining the bullet status, #8 on the Hot AC but it has lost the bullet, & she is now at #18 on the Pop charts. BHC did break the Top 10 on the Pop charts at one time so that is 4 different charts where the song broke into the Top 10. That’s pretty incredible for a Country song, especially when you take into account the fact that they stuck to the original Country mix & didn’t redo the song for cross over purposes.

I'm hearing late July/early August for the next single, but the anticipation from Country radio is getting wild.

For anyone that has a local Country station that airs the Lon Helton Country Countdown show, Carrie will be guest hosting next weekend.

Carrie to guest co-host Country Countdown USA the weekend of July 21-22

Upcoming Co-Hosts

July 21-22: Carrie Underwood co-hosts this week to give us a status report on her highly anticipated second album. She also has stories about Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Kellie Pickler, and Bucky Covington. Plus what are her plans for the rest of the summer? Perhaps a vacation? That's this week on CCUSA.

When is Carrie's new CD coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2474513;
    When is Carrie's new CD coming out?
    Billboard Magazine has it listed for Oct. 30.

Speaking of the new album...

This guy is a Nashville based piano player that has worked with many of the biggest stars including Reba & Faith Hill. This is an interview with him & it covers a bunch of stuff, you can read the whole thing by clicking the link. But I have put what he had to say about Carrie below.

E-MU Systems - Artist Interviews - Jimmy Nichols

I just finished three days on Carrie Underwood's new project, and it's going to be huge. She's got a lot of talent for such a young person in this business. She always came in prepared and focused - a true pro.[/B]

From the looks of this article the release date for Carries album has been moved up to Oct. 23. The suspense is building. By the way, Carrie has confirmed the date by telling everyone on he fan site first.

New Carrie Underwood disc coming this fall

Monday, July 16, 2007 – Carrie Underwood will have a tough act to follow, but her sophomore release is coming out in October, her label announced Monday.

Underwood delivers her new 19 Recordings/Arista Records/Arista Nashville collection - the follow-up to "Some Hearts," Oct. 23.

The debut yielded four number one hits, including "Before He Cheats" and "Wasted," while the CD sold more than 6 million copies.

Produced by Mark Bright, who helmed seven tracks on "Some Hearts," the yet-to-be-titled new disc is currently being completed, but will include additional songwriting from Underwood, who co-penned the album track, "I Ain't in Checotah Anymore" on "Some Hearts."

Released Nov. 15, 2005, "Some Hearts" has been number 1 for 27 of its 86 chart weeks - holding the slot on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart across multiple weeks in 2005, 2006 and 2007. With SoundScan sales of nearly 1,095,000 copies this year, "Some Hearts" is - 20 months after its release - the best-selling country album of 2007.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 07-16-2007 at 08:35 PM.

Do you guys think this album will sell better than the first?

+ Reply to Thread