+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2455752;
    Kellie Pickler is FIFTH??????????? Oh yikes.
    These awards were Fan voted & regardless of what many on this site think of Kellie, she has a large & growing fan base beyond the walls of the FORT.

There has been some discussion on another thread about touring & the money generated etc.. I stated there that Carrie had no desire at this time to headline a tour & also said that there are so few people that she could open up for, but a co-headlining type of thing seems to be right up her alley. After all, if Alan Jackson & Brooks & Dunn can do it, I’m sure there is someone out there that could make way for the hottest female & Female Vocalist of the Year. Anyway, Carrie seems to agree with me:

News : Headlines : Carrie Underwood Hopes to Co-Headline : Great American Country

Carrie Underwood Hopes to Co-Headline
    July 2, 2007 — Carrie Underwood says she's not planning to tour this fall but instead will use the time to promote her highly anticipated sophomore CD.
    With more than six million albums already sold, Carrie tells Dial-Global that she's still not sure whether she is ready to be the main attraction when she does hit the road again next year. "Being a headliner to me is such a responsibility, and it's so nerve racking to even think about that. My main concern is, 'What if no one shows up? What if we have this huge tour lined out and we have to start cutting dates because people aren't coming?'"
    Carrie says she's happy to "ride the opener wave as far as I can take it" but would also love to co-headline a tour. "That would be a really awesome thing, because I still think there's a lot of learning that I have to do. [There are] a lot of great artists out there that I could really pick up stuff from along the way." She says she's crossing her fingers for "a huge co-headlining tour, 'cause I know people will show up if I have somebody else with me."

I know most of you are aware of the song Oh Love on Brad Paisley's new album where he & Carrie do a duet. But, Brads new single is called Online. It's about a nerdy guy that lives in the basement of his Mom's house & isn't very socially acceptable until he transforms into some sort of god when he gets into Online chats with women. It's a very funny song & should be a huge hit. If you listen closely you can hear Carrie singing background on the song. Brad & Carrie seem to have a really good thing going, she is also in the video that is shown right before he takes the stage on his new tour.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2459115;
    I know most of you are aware of the song Oh Love on Brad Paisley's new album where he & Carrie do a duet. But, Brads new single is called Online. It's about a nerdy guy that lives in the basement of his Mom's house & isn't very socially acceptable until he transforms into some sort of god when he gets into Online chats with women. It's a very funny song & should be a huge hit. If you listen closely you can hear Carrie singing background on the song. Brad & Carrie seem to have a really good thing going, she is also in the video that is shown right before he takes the stage on his new tour.
    The song Online is really, really good! I've listened to Oh Love twice this morning and it's also really good. I hope to see that one out as a single soon.

Quote Originally Posted by domvan;2459370;
    The song Online is really, really good! I've listened to Oh Love twice this morning and it's also really good. I hope to see that one out as a single soon.
    Speculation is that Oh Love will be a fall/winter release. It's not really a Summer type of song, but regardless thay sure do sound good together.

Another milestone for the incredible Before He Cheats:

Chart Beat

'CHEATS' PROSPERS: Carrie Underwood has outlasted her competition to have the longest-running title among all of the songs that have peaked in 2007. "Before He Cheats" dips 13-16 in its 44th chart week. That breaks a tie that existed last week, as the Red Jump Suit Apparatus had a 43-week run with "Face Down," which peaked at No. 24 in April.

In third place is John Mayer's "Waiting on the World to Change," which remained on the Hot 100 for 40 weeks, peaking at No. 14 in March.

Underwood will have to remain on the Hot 100 for another 19 weeks to own the record for the longest-running song of the 21st century. The current champ is "You and Me" by Lifehouse with a 62-week stay. That single peaked at No. 5 in August 2005.

By the way Jesus Take The Wheel is now Platinum, giving Carrie her second Platinum single.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 07-05-2007 at 06:35 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Razorback - Just wanted to let you know I look forward to all of your caiire updates. I know I continue to hear BHC on the local pop stations more and more here in the Dallas area.

Do you know if they plan to release any other singles from the Some Hearts Album... I know there are a few I fan still see being hits....

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl;2464496;
    Razorback - Just wanted to let you know I look forward to all of your caiire updates. I know I continue to hear BHC on the local pop stations more and more here in the Dallas area.

Do you know if they plan to release any other singles from the Some Hearts Album... I know there are a few I fan still see being hits....
    There won't be any more singles from Some Hearts. The plan was to release Wasted, let it run it's course, & the timing would be just right for the first single from the next album. Unfortunately Wasted climbed to quickly,stayed #1 for 3 weeks & then fell. So, the wait is on for the next single. It looks as though late July/early August will be just about right. This will allow for the single to be out approximately 2 months before the album.

Quite honestly I think there are other possible hits off of Some Hearts as well, but the timing just doesn't work for releasing another song from that album in relation to the release of the next album. So the anticipation is building.

We/the internet detectives have found about 20 new titles for songs that have been registered to Carrie in the past couple of months & she is co writer on about half or maybe a little more of them. Mark Bright will once again be the producer for the album. Last time he shared duties with Dann Huff. The great thing is that Mark was the Producer for Jesus Take The Wheel, Don't Forget To Remember Me, Before He Cheats, & Wasted. In other words they have put the production chores back in the hands of the guy that twisted the dials for 4 straight #1 hits. I have a gut feeling that this album is going to be tremendous. Carrie has blogged on her fan site that the finished product is sounding great.

Here are the new songs that “could be” a part of Carries next album. There is no guarantee that any of them will make the cut, but it is going to be interesting to watch. She is working with some of the same writers that provided songs for Some Hearts so the final product should be great.

Note the name of her Publishing Company: Ya gotta love that one.

CRAZY DREAMS
    Writers
    DEAN BARRY GEORGE
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE
    VERGES TROY
    Publishers
    CARRIE OKIE MUSIC BMI 493481328
    SONGS FROM THE ENGINE ROOM BMI 443631079
    SONGS OF UNIVERSAL INC BMI 353271

GET OUT OF THIS TOWN
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC EWAN STEVE
    SAMPSON GORDIE

EVERYBODY CRIES
    Writers:
    MC EWAN STEVE
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE
    WISEMAN CRAIG MICHAEL

NEVER GET USED TO YOU
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC EWAN STEVE
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE

SHE'S A WILDFLOWER
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY
    LEE MC EWAN STEVE
    SAMPSON GORDIE

THE MORE BOYS I MEET
    Writers:
    KENNEDY GORDON SCOTT
    MC EWAN STEVE
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE

THE TRUTH HURTS
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC EWAN STEVE
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE

THE WAY I LIKE IT
    Writers:
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC EWAN STEVE
    SAMPSON GORDIE

ALL-AMERICAN GIRL
    Writers:
    ASHLEY GORLEY
    KELLEY LOVELACE
    CARRIE UNDERWOOD

JUST A DREAM
    Writers:
    GORDIE SAMPSON
    HILLARY LINDSEY
    STEVE MCEWAN

THE LAZY DAY SONG
    Writers:
    ANGELO
    CARRIE UNDERWOOD
    LUKE LAIRD

WHAT ELSE YOU GOT
    Writers
    GREEN MARV
    MCEWAN STEVEN
    UNDERWOOD CARRIE

LOUISIANA
    Writers
    DAVIDSON GERALD DALLAS
    LINDSEY HILLARY LEE
    MC CORMICK JAMES E

I Was Gonna Love You
    Writers
    Barry Dean
    Carrie Underwood
    Troy Verges

Too Close To Home
    Writers
    Barry Dean
    Carrie Underwood
    Troy Verges

Before I Fall Too Far
    Writers
    Chris Stapleton
    Morgan Hayes
    Carrie Underwood

Can You Spare An Angel
    Writers
    Steve McEwan
    Carrie Underwood
    Brett James

Goodbye Feels Like A Good Thing
    Writers
    Chris DuBois
    David Lee
    Carrie Underwood

If You Ever Admit To Love
    Writers
    Cathy Dennis
    Tom Shapiro
    Carrie Underwood

That Don’t Mean I Miss You
    Writers
    Kelley Lovelace
    Ashley Gorley
    Carrie Underwood

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

"Carrie Okie"..... Love it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread