+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Gretchen has always been a good friend to Carrie, this was a nice gesture on the part of Carrie.

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

Four-day festival in Farwell attracts country stars
    By Jake MayThe Grand Rapids Press
    FARWELL -- Move over Birthday Bash, there's a new festival in Michigan, and this one has camping, big-name stars and big aspirations.

The four-day Mountain Country Music Festival, which kicked off Thursday just north of Mount Pleasant in the small town of Farwell, features such superstars as LeAnn Rimes and Gretchen Wilson, as well as newcomers Carrie Underwood, Shooter Jennings, American Idol's Bucky Covington, redneck comedian Jeff Foxworthy and Sawyer Brown, who performed at the first WBCT-FM (93.7) B-93 Birthday Bash in 1993. They all will take "the largest stage in Michigan."

"It's not too crowded, the campgrounds are great, and everyone is so friendly -- the prices were good, too," said Robin Berry, of Boyne City. "I can't wait for Jeff Foxworthy. I watch his TV show all the time. He's crazy, but he appreciates real people. He's down-to-earth, like everyone else."

While some are looking for a good laugh with Foxworthy, other country lovers wanted to see Underwood.

"She's hot!" said 25-year-old Derek Evans, of Mount Pleasant. "She's the best (act) that they're bringing, and it's well worth the price of this whole weekend."

Phillip Coultrip, Silver Ridge Music Festivals CEO and founder, said Underwood was asked to be the final performer on Saturday, but she opted to give the top spot to Wilson.

"That was pretty cool," Coultrip said. "She certainly has the headliner status, but gave the spot to Gretchen, saying she is more established and deserves it. So, she took the earlier slot."

Coultrip said artists will be available for meet and greets before or after their set
    s.

Although many seats near the stage were empty, the hillside at the natural amphitheater was drawing in a crowd. Coultrip said the $8 million event will bring about 11,250 people to the 115-acre festival site. This weekend's B-93 Birthday Bash in Ionia is expected to draw more than 50,000 fans.

Thursday's soft opening featured Michigan comedy act Da Yoopers.

We didn't have any headliners playing tonight," Coultrip said of the sparse crowd. "But there is so much to look forward to: perfect weather, the most unique facility in the country and a picture path where people can walk right up to the stage, it's just gorgeous.

"I think it's the greatest country line-up playing in Michigan this year. I chose the people that had a lot of new albums out, like Joe Nichols, LeAnn Rimes and Carrie Underwood. And that's good for us..."

I have family in Grand Rapids so if any one of them attends this bash, I'll give you all an update. I've been there twice and it's very pretty. I hope the even doesn't get drowned out by one of their infamous thunderstorms.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

It looks as though Carrie decided to really change up her set list last night in Michigan. 14 songs & a bunch of rockers: A 14 song set list by a non headlining act is pretty great.

Young and Beautiful
    That's Where It Is
    Wasted
    Lessons Learned
    I'll Stand By You
    Don't Forget To Remember Me
    I Remember (the Skid Row cover)
    Before He Cheats
    I Just Can't Live A Lie
    Alone (the Heart cover)
    Sweet Child of Mine(Guns & Roses was back last night)
    Jesus Take The Wheel

Encores:

Some Hearts
    I Ain't In Checotah Anymore

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2449458;
    I have family in Grand Rapids so if any one of them attends this bash, I'll give you all an update. I've been there twice and it's very pretty. I hope the even doesn't get drowned out by one of their infamous thunderstorms.
    We were in Michigan for the past two weeks and I could not believe that almost everywhere we went they were playing Carrie's music. Each time we would go in a store I would notice her songs playing in the background. I thought it was fun to sit in a pizza joint on Mackinac Island and listen to her.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Some photos from her 2007 tour book:

And I have to agree with razorbacker...this one she's absolutely naturally beautiful......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2450698;
    We were in Michigan for the past two weeks and I could not believe that almost everywhere we went they were playing Carrie's music. Each time we would go in a store I would notice her songs playing in the background. I thought it was fun to sit in a pizza joint on Mackinac Island and listen to her.
    Hey Welcome back, I missed seeing you around here. I hope you are back for good.

And BB thanks again for the great photos.

I have never heard of Fashion Rocks, but evidently Carrie has.

Avril, Fergie and Fall Out Boy Sign Up for 'Fashion Rocks'

TV's annual pop and style extravaganza announces its music lineup.
    Fashion rocks! And since clothing can bounce from grunge to girly glamour, it's no wonder musicians are so good at hitting all the right style notes.

To honor the synergy between singers and their passion for fashion, the Conde Nast Media Group is gearing up for its Fourth Annual Fashion Rocks event, airing September 7th at 9 p.m. on CBS.

The star-studded blowout appropriately kicks off New York's Fall Fashion Week with the hottest bands and bods. OBO, an international fashion production company that's in on the gig this year (they produced the Victoria's Secret va-va-voom 2007 show), will get the crowd pumped by sending models down catwalks while the likes of CARRIE UNDERWOOD croon and FERGIE boom live on-stage.

Other "Fashion Rocks" musical performers for the two-hour event include AEROSMITH, ALICIA KEYS, AVRIL LAVIGNE, FALL OUT BOY, FERGIE, JENNIFER HUDSON, JENNIFER LOPEZ, LUDACRIS, MARTINA McBRIDE, SANTANA and USHER.

"The synergy between fashion and music is even more pronounced now than it was when we first created Fashion Rocks three years ago," said Conde Nast Media Group President, RICHARD D. BECKMAN. "Each year the line between the two becomes increasingly blurred as more musicians launch fashion lines and more designers align themselves with musicians."

Viewers will also get a chance to see how actor JEREMY PIVEN stacks up in the music and fashion departments. The "Entourage" star will host the show at New York's legendary Radio City Music Hall, where the best of the best have belted it out.

Can't get enough models and rockers? Vogue magazine's Editrix, ANNA WINTOUR, serves up more info on how to hit the fashion high notes, too, with Fashion Rocks™ magazine, out this September.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Underwood, Eubanks: Sexiest vegetarians
    June 26, 2007

NEW YORK - Carrie Underwood and Kevin Eubanks have been named the "world's sexiest vegetarians" in PETA's annual contest.

Results were released Tuesday by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Underwood, 24, a Grammy-winning country singer, won the title in 2005. Eubanks, 49, leader of NBC's "Tonight Show" band, is a newcomer to the winner's circle.

Eubanks leapt ahead of his competitors with help from Jay Leno , who encouraged viewers to vote for Eubanks and "bring honor" to the late-night NBC talk show.

"I'm gonna keep this campaign going," Leno said during a recent show after sharing a photo of a shirtless Eubanks with his audience. Leno said the shot, in which Eubanks is holding a backpack and posing against a woodsy backdrop, wasn't doctored.

Runners-up in the contest, which the animal rights group said drew more than 110,000 votes on its Web site, included Joaquin Phoenix , Milo Ventimiglia , Kristen Bell , Bryce Dallas Howard , Jared Leto and Lisa Edelstein.

Last year, Prince and Bell, who starred on the " Veronica Mars " TV series, were picked as the two sexiest vegetarians. Previous winners also include Natalie Portman , Andre 3000 , Coldplay 's Chris Martin , Shania Twain , Tobey Maguire , Lauren Bush, Josh Hartnett and Alicia Silverstone.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I’m sorry I don’t have a scanner so I can’t put the actual article up here, & since it comes from the July 16th edition it isn’t on line yet. But Country Weekly, as a result of fan voting, has named Carrie the most Beautiful Woman in Country Music. Here is a hand typed/transcribed blurb:

Taken from the July 16th issue of CW.

Country's Most Beautiful Woman

Our readers crown Carrie Underwood the most gorgeous gal of 'em all.

"Make No Mistake, Carrie Underwood became a star for all the right reasons. Her assured vocal performances earned her the championship on TV talent competition American Idol. Then she made a debut album, Some Hearts, that powered its way to sextuple platinum success with sharp songwriting and resonant themes.

But let's just come out and say it: She's also a stone fox.

Country Weekly readers apparently couldn't help but notice that this pretty voice comes in quite a package-and that's why they voted in our online competition and deemed Carrie Underwood Country's Most Beautiful Woman by an impressive margin. Here she is, along with all your Top 10 choices for 2007."

1. Carrie Underwood - "Carrie, 24, combines an all-American sweetness with an effortless sensuality-from the ease in her smile all the way down to the kind of traffic-stopping legs that make men forever grateful to the inventor of the miniskirt."

2. Faith Hill
    3. Reba McEntire
    4. Shania Twain
    5. Kellie Pickler
    6. Martina McBride
    7. Sara Evans
    8. Jennifer Nettles
    9. Taylor Swift
    10. Miranda Lambert

Kellie Pickler is FIFTH??????????? Oh yikes.

+ Reply to Thread